Loco Running Shoes

I have a pair. :lol:

After getting fed up with the poor wearing uppers of Asics 21xx I thought I'd try a pair. I am a neutral runner 70kegs with low arches and therefore bought the Expresso's after reading their website and feedback on Coolrunnings.

So far I've probably run only 100k's or so including 3 races and I reckon they are pretty good value for $125 delivered. They are light and seem to suit my running style. I don't think they offer quite as much cushioning as I'm used to and I have not been on a long run >15k yet but at the end of the races I've done (10k) I still felt very comfortable in them.

They are pretty ordinary looking and I can't vouch yet for their resilience but so far so good and at the moment I am very happy with them. I will be ordering another pair or two I think. :lol:

The service was great too. Arrived within two days. :D

I'm on my second pair of Expressos and been very happy with them. I got the first pair after buying a pair of 2090's to replace an old pair of 2070's. The 2090's were so awful I I had to replace them and liked the idea of a model that wouldn't change every year so took a punt on the Expressos and liked them. When the first pair wore out it was such a nice change to be able to get an identical pair 2 years after the first pair. :lol:

i borrowed some DVD's from work yesterday and watched them last night. All on Asics R&D and their tech features. More than that it had some VERY useful biomech stuff to do with running and of course Asics shoes.

One point they did make was they no longer have a 'motion control' shoe as their studies have found them to be too restricting and can cause more harm! Interesting thought and something I had thought for a long time about the Beast from Brooks.

After getting sick of Asics changing their models from one season to the next I gave Kevin Tiller a call re: Locos back in August, he was a fantastic help and had lots of time for me, sending me 2 pairs to try out to see which ones I liked best. I have now been running in the Mojo's 4x a week and have had no problems at all after having 2 stress fractures in the last 2 years. They aren't the prettiest shoes out, but they work!!

• 1 month later...

Yeah I bought a pair a little while ago and find them pretty good. I generally wear 12's in Asics but find that I'll need to go to a 13 in the Locos (12.5's at the moment but I think they might be a touch small).

More importantly

Service was sensational. Originally ordered 12's and found them too small. So I emailed Locos asking for advice. Kevin answered within the day offering to send 12.5's which I accepted and he paid for the return postage on the 12's as well.

Will definately get another pair when this pair wear out.