OT: Any Vegans?

I'v been vegetarian for twenty five years but am far from a great triathlete, but that's lack of training and commitment not lack of meat. I tried going vegan at first but found it too difficult, I'm too haphazard with my diet. At forty seven y.o. I had all my tests (for cholesterol vitamin deficiency etc) and came up trumps on the lot. I highly reccomend this diet but I have a good wife who cooks incredibly well for me and only complains a little about having to cater for me - she and our son love their meat.

As Nige says, me and Snoo are both vego which is always cause for amusement when visiting Roxii.

BTW, I haven't been hiding, just in a new job which so far hasn't left much time for anything else.

Whilst being a dyed in the wool carnivore, the Yurties have yet to dissapoint me with their fantastic array of vegetarian delights.

And in a wonderful piece of vegetarian irony, Yurties new job has him right next to the fish markets!

Guest Mister Marsellus Wallace

I am a vegetarian, I will only eat grain fed beef.... :lol: You can witness my vegetarian steak habits at ten buck steak night at Caringbah Pub every Thurs night, I make sure I have extra veggies and mash with me dead cow.

Ahhh and the beers taste good as well.

fortunately I am the cook in the house, and love cooking, so It's no issue for me, I think it really broadens your ideas and skills in cooking.

this video was really the crunch for me:

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp video=mym2002&Player=wm&speed=_med

edit: not sure how to get the link to work but the whole text should be the address, not the underlined bit. :lol:

Edited by rosie
I am a vegetarian, I will only eat grain fed beef.... ;) You can witness my vegetarian steak habits at ten buck steak night at Caringbah Pub every Thurs night, I make sure I have extra veggies and mash with me dead cow.

Ahhh and the beers taste good as well.

235969[/snapback]

Gees probably be worth the price of admission as well. Something to think about for a Christmas get together.

Rosie try the BBQ sausages from Coles. Theres absolutely no meat in those. :lol::lol::D:D:D

Guest Mister Marsellus Wallace
You pay $10 a steak?

You're getting ripped off man. You should go to the $5 steak place on the Princes Highway. That looks classy :lol:

236042[/snapback]

Too many blokes in there I've locked up. And the skanks from the brothel come in and play the pokies and I've locked up most of them as well. Besides I have fond memories of Caringbah Inn, any shire hobbit will tell you it was kiddies corner in the seventies and eighties, I can remember getting chucked out of there as a 15 year old in 1978........

Actually the Caringbah was a great place for live music as well, saw MiSex, Mondo Rock, Crowded House for free (true story they had just formed in the early 80's), The Oils, Rose Tattoo (with a bikie moll up the front who now hangs around triathlon circles), ahh the memories go on.

They converted the whole joint into a bistro and pokie palace, were gunna lose their licence if they kept doing the fake ID 15 year old dollar drink nights.

You'll see lots of tri types up there as well, and the Parkie sponsored indoor cricket team is regulars on Thurs nites.

Food is pretty good, I kinda think its funny I am sitting in there with my son now, if only those walls could talk.

Rosie try the BBQ sausages from Coles.  Theres absolutely no meat in those.  :lol:  :D  :D  :D  ;)

236164[/snapback]

yeh, just the scrappings off the slaughterhouse floor with some gluten mixed in to hold it all together :lol:

thank god wine is vegan ;)