Good to See

Damn good to see some interesting posts / opinions.

232863[/snapback]

Some not all

I often resent some ideas displayed in this forum that is why I took so long to sign up

Its hard for an outsider to come to grips with some members attitudes

Sorry I mostly like everything

232863[/snapback]

I often resent some ideas displayed in this forum that is why I took so long to sign up

232869[/snapback]

Don't be sorry. You're absolutely spot on.

There is a percentage of people here who believe that if you're not interested in IM or not doing IM or havn't done multiple IM, or Don't think IM is the greatest race format in the world with IMH as the pinacle then you have nothing of importance to add to any discussion.

232863[/snapback]

232869[/snapback]

There is a percentage of people here who believe that if you're not interested in IM or not doing IM or havn't done multiple IM, or Don't think IM is the greatest race format in the world with IMH as the pinacle then you have nothing of importance to add to any discussion.

232901[/snapback]

AJ,

Do you really think that way?

Who is like that? :lol:

232863[/snapback]

232869[/snapback]

232901[/snapback]

:lol::lol::D

I might do an IM one day but I would not consider doing more than two or three as I don't feel that the training I would want to do for that distance is likely to be in my long term best interests. There are to many "done a few IM's and now I can't run any more" people out there allready.

I get more of a buzz out of going fast (or I would if i still could), but tht's just me (but probably not just me).

My fav distance is olympic because it allows me to do the fast thing (hopefully again one day) but is long enough to even out the 'chance' element - eg: get a bad swim start and the race is over in a 300/10/3 type event.

In the mean time I will continue to support all triathlons & triathletes (though I think draft legal races are contrry to the individual performance mantra on which our sport was founded & flourished).

Enough now, breakfast might mellow me enough to get through the day.

AJ,

Do you really think that way?

Who is like that? :lol:

232902[/snapback]

Yeah I do. But realistically, it shouldn't be surprising considering where we originated from (an IM chat site).

Take Ronnie as an example. In my view theres been a heap of pressure applied to her to do HIM and IM. If that what she wants to do then I really hope she gets there one day. But to be talking about it and applying the peer pressure now is absolutely unbelievable and can only lead to disappointment. The basics need to be mastered before you go to the advanced stuff. You need to get confidence doing the short stuff before you try the longer stuff.

I personally dont think anyone on here is serious about the Ironman being the only distance crap thing that you are talking about, sure there may be a bit of tongue in cheek comments every now and then, but if someone gets on here and ask questions generally about any distance then there is normally good advice from most people on this website.

I love triathlon racing fullstop, dont really care the distance, but I prefer HIM and IM at the moment, will probably go back to a lot of olympic distance as I get a bit older though.

As for AJ's comments about Ronnie, not sure who you think pressured her into going HIM or IM, but from being the one that she came to when she wanted a plan, I think she will back me up when I tell you that it was all her idea, matter of fact I told her how hard it would be to be ready for a HIM this year and have always suggested to her to do as many small races as she can, unfotunately her place of residence and time available did not let her do this.

In the end it is each persons choice as to what races we as individuals do, no one has the right to belittle anyone elses achievements be them finishing Hawaii or your local small course club race.

OITC

Being another recently new person, I don’t feel pressured at all... you just need to take some responses as they are "tongue in check", much like a mate would speak to you at a pub - all the IM people are now going "pub? We don’t go to the pub?!?" but then I probably just revealed myself as nonIM competitor - yet.

The information that I have received over the last 9months and a couple as a contributor has been invaluable and I am certain has already made a difference to me from an athletic and health viewpoint. This summer will tell if it has made a difference in results and where my new goals sit for 2007.

I'm sure I will continue to post what may be deemed as silly questions to many who have been in the Tri game for years, but as yet and I believe this will continue I have not had one response that has made me question whether I want to continue using transitions as a source of info.

Some responses and assistance provided through PM's has also been great, to the extent where some have provided their mobile number to me, someone they don’t know so I could call if I didn't understand their post/assistance. So I have to disagree with IMFAB, but not in a personal way.... and thank those who have assisted me over the last couple of months and you will have paid a part to the personal success I hope to achieve over summer.

Cheers,

Steno - a short courser at present!

I actually agree with AJ, that there is peer-pressure to do IM, and the longer you are exposed to it, the more you feel it, and the more likely you are to succumb to it.

I suspect that, like many things, it's not until you've been there, that you realise IM is not actually the meaning of life, and can get past the "need" to do it.

Personally, if I ever manage to recover, I don't see myself ever doing an IM again... and, having been forced to step away from it, I've now gotten past my "need" to do Kona.

With the benefit of hindsight, I can now see that the longest distance I ever actually "enjoyed" doing was HIM, and I think I'd stick to that.

Edit: Note... I am NOT saying that people shouldn't do IM, or won't enjoy it, or... whatever else you want to read into my comments... I'm simply saying that many people do it becasue they feel that it's something that all triathletes must aspire to, if you are serious about your sport... and I feel that is not a good message to be giving people.

Edited by MB..

Some of the members here are passionate about IM and it you choose to apply this as pressure to yourself it is your choice.

I'm new to this game (with my limiters being swimming/riding/running :lol: ) and I can tell you any pressure I have felt has come from me. Reading trannies keeps it real for me and often puts things into perspective. The guys do get on here and have a laugh, you debate what's important to you and you offer advise freely.

As Steno mentioned the advise and PM"s you share has been great. Several of the trannies have helped me over the last few months. One in particular has been in contact almost daily and if it was not for his support I more than likely wouldn't be fronting up to my first tri this weekend.

wow..I don't think there is pressure on people to do IM on this site..

if you want to do IM do it..100% up to you..if you want to do OD then do it..

I think there is achievement in any Tri distance and I admire anyone who does an enticer, OD or IM..coz you are giving it ago..

I know personally that I chose IM, coz I'm not as fast as others and OD etc hurts more than IM (to me).. :lol:

Being another recently new person, I don’t feel pressured at all...

Having been around here for a while now, I don't feel any pressure either... though that's more because I'm a lazy bastard :lol:

232974[/snapback]

Don't give my secret away..... :lol:

Several of the trannies have helped me over the last few months.  One in particular has been in contact almost daily

232954[/snapback]

Just say the word A.V.O and Yo will back off! :lol:

Yeah Donncha, Nige is spot on. I'll speak for every single person here, that until you do an IM, every one of us thinks you're a lazy Irish wussbag that probably never stands up at dunny.

233028[/snapback]

I hear anyone who doesnt do IM is gay. GAY I SAY GAY! Are you happy Webby? :lol: No pressure mate :lol:

Taking a leaf (har har) out of Gunther's book...

I was gonna clean my room until I got high

I was gonna get up and find the broom but then I got high

My room is still messed up and I know why(why man)

Chorus:

Because I got high

Because I got high

Because I got high

I was gonna go to class before I got high

I could'a cheated and I could'a passed but I got high(uh uh la la da da)

I'm takin it next semester and I know why(why man) (hey hey)

chorus

(go to the next one, go to the next one, go to the next one)

I was gonna go to work but then I got high(ohh,ohh)

I just got a new promotion but I got high(la da da da da)

Now I'm selling dope and I know why(why man)

chorus

I was gonna go to court before I got high

I was gonna pay my child support but then I got high(no you wasn't)

They took my whole paycheck and I know why(why man)(yeah eh eh)

chorus

I wasn't gonna run from the cops but I was high(uh, i'm serious man)

I was gonna pull right over and stop but I was high(uh)

Now I'm a paraplegic( ha ha ha) and I know why(why man)

chorus

I was gonna pay my car and note until I got high (say what say what?)

I wasn't gonna gamble on the boat but then I got high (uh uh)

Now the tow truck is pullin away and I know why (why man)

chorus

I was gonna make love to you but then I got high (ooh) (im serious)

I was gonna eat your pussy too(ohhh) but then I got high

Now i'm jackin' off (ahh) and I know why(trying to shut off ha ha ha)

chorus

I messed up my entire life because I got high (go go go)

I lost my kids and wife because I got high say (what say what say what?)

Now I'm sleepin on the side walk and I know why (why man)

(yeah yeah)

chorus

Ima stop singing this song because I'm high(raise the ceiling... baby)

I'm singing this whole thing wrong because I'm high(bring it back)

And if I don't sell one copy, I'll know why(why man?) (yeah eh eh)

:lol::lol:

I actually agree with AJ, that there is peer-pressure to do IM, and the longer you are exposed to it, the more you feel it, and the more likely you are to succumb to it.

I used to work with a gay bloke, I was exposed to it for a couple of years, I didn't ever feel like changing camps :lol:

I hear anyone who doesnt do IM is gay. GAY I SAY GAY! Are you happy Webby?  No pressure mate

Funny you should say that, he never ever did an Ironman :lol:

anyone who gets pressured into doing anything on a website needs to have a good hard look at themselves.

Can someone tell me what race to do next. I have NFI and am a bit bored. Need a goal and someone to tell me so I don't have to decide for myself.

I suspect that, like many things, it's not until you've been there, that you realise IM is not actually the meaning of life.......................................

232939[/snapback]

Well thats just great MB. Got any other pearls of wisdom to destroy my (now) meaningless life. :lol:

Well thats just great MB. Got any other pearls of wisdom to destroy my (now) meaningless life.    :lol:

Don't worry Jemmo, trust me... it was just as meaningless before you read that :lol:

Edited by MB..