Blew, you're on the block here, and I do hear rumours that Jimmy C's going to be with us next week.

Here we go, had to make 11 this time

1. Hi Blew, I'm describing you as a recreational triathlete, passionate fan of the sport. How would you describe yourself?

2. Blew, you are just about to head out the door to a regional tri event. At the last minute, wife/partner says, Peter, no way, you are not going, it's just not fair? How do you respond?

3. Good answer, I hope. Blew you are MOP, BOP, I would guess, where would you like to be 3-5 years down the road, or is merely competing enough?

4. Hey Peter, you share the same name as a tri luminary, who has one of the most enviable positions in the sport, training, managing and living with a tri icon. Would you like to trade place with Peter Coulson, the other. Let's put it this way, if she kicked you out as above, would you trade with Mr. Coulson?

5. Blew, you stoushed with all the big admin. guys in the sport, Nick Munting, all of them on occasion. I think you actually irritated them, but now you joined them as Sec. of Tri NSW. Why the turnaround?

6.Blew, are you happy with the position and would you like to go further?

7. Blew, you were dam lucky to hook up with the young Bjorn Anderson, NZ 2004.

Blew, Mr. A., has not really done a lot since then. What's your line on that.? Anyway, describe the experience for us, if you don't mind.

8. Blew, mate, you are not competing currently. Explain please?

9. Hey blew, forgot to ask, what's your sports background prior to triathlon?

10. Hey Blew, you consumed copious fluids at Port, look mate, when I called you for a report on the ladies race, everything was blurry. Just for the record you did not really consume 20 B&C's now did you?

11.Blew, this forum really gets stick on a few other sites. Do you notice that we are collectively called names from time to time. Any comment on that?

Thanks Blew.

10. Hey Blew, you consumed copious fluids at Port, look mate, when I called you for a report on the ladies race, everything was blurry. Just for the record you did not really consume 20 B&C's now did you?

K Man,

No porky pies being stated that copious amounts of amber fluid was consumed during the later part of the race at Port... I lost count after about 6 separate trips to the bottle shop....

Blew Blew Blew.. an old song and pants man from way back, such a ladies man.

And boy can he drink... I have the photo to prove it..

Why not make a comeback, see you in Cairns :lol:

Coulson Peter MALE 2001 FORSTER IRONMAN 1067 30-34 206 01:16:56 06:42:54 05:44:45 13:44:35 00:02:01 26.81 00:08:10

COULSON Peter MALE 2005 FORSTER IRONMAN 916 30-34 229 01:14:14 06:02:41 04:56:32 12:13:27 00:01:57 29.78 00:07:01

Coulson Peter MALE 2003 FORSTER HALF 818 30-34 187 00:40:07 03:13:28 02:23:48 06:17:23 00:02:06 27.91 00:06:50

Coulson Peter MALE 2002 GOLD COAST HALF 364 30-34 65 00:40:26 03:13:54 02:35:17 06:29:37 00:02:07 27.85 00:07:23

Coulson Peter 2004 LAKE TINAROO HALF 157 0 00:34:42 02:53:53 02:05:47 05:39:35 00:01:49 31.06 00:05:59

Coulson Peter MALE 2004 NEW ZEALAND IRONMAN 958 30-34 0 01:23:08 07:12:07 05:30:26 14:16:58 00:02:11 24.99 00:07:49

Coulson Peter MALE 2003 FORSTER IRONMAN 1292 30-34 275 01:15:32 06:47:59 05:18:59 13:22:29 00:01:59 26.47 00:07:33

Coulson Peter MALE 2002 FORSTER HALF 680 30-34 169 00:38:59 03:06:43 02:31:41 06:17:23 00:02:03 28.92 00:07:13

Coulson Peter MALE 2004 FORSTER HALF 596 30-34 162 00:37:36 02:55:30 02:02:05 05:35:11 00:01:58 30.77 00:05:48

COULSON Peter MALE 2003 GOLD COAST HALF 377 25-29 84 00:40:31 03:17:50 02:19:26 06:17:47 00:02:07 27.3 00:06:38

Coulson Peter MALE 2005 YEPPOON HALF 293 30-34 52 00:41:38 03:06:04 02:02:37 05:50:19 00:02:11 29.02 00:05:50

1. Hi Blew, I'm describing you as a recreational Triathlete, passionate fan of the sport. How would you describe yourself?

A Smartarse that loves attention.

2. Blew, you are just about to head out the door to a regional tri event. At the last minute, wife/partner says, Peter, no way, you are not going, it's just not fair? How do you respond?

I have to be honest and say this just wouldn't happen. Before I even married Lisa she knew what I was like. She knew that sport was a part of me. I am also lucky that she is also a recreational athlete and spends most of her time kayaking and cycling.

3. Good answer, I hope. Blew you are MOP, BOP, I would guess, where would you like to be 3-5 years down the road, or is merely competing enough?

I am certainly a BOP aiming to move to MOP. However I just do events to make the finish line.

4. Hey Peter, you share the same name as a tri luminary, who has one of the most enviable positions in the sport, training, managing and living with a tri icon. Would you like to trade place with Peter Coulson, the other. Let's put it this way, if she kicked you out as above, would you trade with Mr. Coulson?

Unlike Jabba I actually don't know MJ. I have not even met the "Other" Peter Coulson. Would I swap? I doubt it. My life is pretty bloody good. I have a fantastic wife. I do what I want when I want. I buy what I want when I want and I have great friends both in triathlon and outside triathlon. Even Smitty is okay.

5. Blew, you stoushed with all the big admin. guys in the sport, Nick Munting, all of them on occasion. I think you actually irritated them, but now you joined them as Sec. of Tri NSW. Why the turnaround?

6.Blew, are you happy with the position and would you like to go further?

To be honest it's taken up heaps of my time. For example, in the last 9 months I have received over 4000 emails and responded to most of them. That's not to mention the phone calls and the meetings and the sleepless nights when I am thinking about Triathlon stuff.

Going further? I ask myself this almost every day. Some days I wonder if I'll even re-stand for NSW. But my job is not yet done, so I will hopefully stay on if I can get the numbers.

Moving onto TA. Well that's another whole kettle of fish. To be honest, I'm not really smart enough for a position like that.

7. Blew, you were dam lucky to hook up with the young Bjorn Anderson, NZ 2004.

Blew, Mr. A., has not really done a lot since then. What's your line on that.? Anyway, describe the experience for us, if you don't mind.

NZ2004 was my worst race in over 100 races and 4 Ironmans. I almost froze in the swim. It took me 10minutes longer than normal. I got out onto the bike and it really wasn't that long until I saw the lead car driving back into town. This guy went flying by. "Who the hell was that?" I just kept going feeling great (FYI the lap out is all downhill for the 45K) and I was waiting to see who was coming second. 15minutes went by until I saw the next athlete. There was a small group of them. Like most others at that race I was amazed by this guy so far out in front. We all know what happen. He didn't win. Blew on the run. Well for a pro he blew.

Putting together the perfect race is hard. If it was easy, I would have done 10hours 4 times at Ironman. The guy is good. Obviously a gun on the bike. His day will come.

8. Blew, mate, you are not competing currently. Explain please?

I am still doing a few short events but I have actually started bike racing in the aim to improve my cycling. I am racing C and D grade and loving it. Compared to triathlon racing it is very stressful but a heap of fun as well as you can actually win. Something I will never do in triathlon.

I do plan on having a big year this year with Gold Coast 1/2, Port 70.3 and Busso Ironman written down. In reality I will do Gold Coast and either Port or Busso not both. I switch each day.

9. Hey blew, forgot to ask, what's your sports background prior to triathlon?

I did play hockey for about 13 years finishing my career playing Premier division for Briars. The next step is playing state. But my real skill was in sailing. I sailed from a young lad and after moving to Sydney actually sailed 18 foot skiffs for a couple of years with Andrew landerburger who went onto win a silver medal in the Tornados at the Atlanta Olympics. We were pretty good. Okay he was but I did have some ability. They used to show us racing between the lunch break in the cricket.

I have also always played Golf. I got my handicap down to 9 for a few years but the game takes too long. Like sailing it takes all day. I'd prefer Ironman. That only takes me 12 hours once a year.

K2 I drank a lot. I have only drunk more at my 21st when we drank $3000 of grog at the Hilton and it was all on the house.

11.Blew, this forum really gets stick on a few other sites. Do you notice that we are collectively called names from time to time. Any comment on that?

This site is not the normal forum. We aussies are tough. We are not politically correct.

Personally I liked a post about OUR site when someone called it the NEW IDEA of Forums. Total classic.

EDIT. I have to clarify that my comments re Nick. He was not and has not done anything wrong or illegal.

What actually happened was he resigned from the position of VP and then applied for the racing managers position.

The 2005/6 committee then employeed him as the TriNSW racing manager.

As far as the committee is concerned Nick is doing a fantastic job in cutting cost for all TriNSw events and assisting other race directors and clubs. He has never done anything wrong by us however we did not want to be in the position of being accused by members.

The point I am trying to get across is that the current committee is totally above board and does not do deals under the table like may and has been done in the past.

"They used to show us racing between the lunch break in the cricket.

"

What was thesponsor name on your skiff? Used to watch a fair bit of that during the cricket, and as brothers do picking a boat each to bet on (we were far too competitive even just watching sport)

Peter,

I am sure that you didn't mean it to come across this way, but there does seem to the impression given that committees prior to the one you are currently on, did not have the same level of dedication, honesty, transparency, etc etc... and I feel that this needs some clarification.

As a board member of the 03-04 committee (V.P. for a short while) and sub-committee member of the 04-05 committee, I can personally attest to the hard work that was done by all to ensure that all these areas were all beyond reproach.

Furthermore... there are no doubts in my mind that the previous committee involving Ken Bonham, Peter Bernard and Stephen Tudjman, would have equally met, and/or exceeded these same levels.

Prior to those committees, I have no first-hand knowledge and so can't comment, and I leave it to those involved to speak for themselves... however, with one exception, I would be *EXTREMELY* reluctant to cast even the slightest slur on the good character of any other previous committee members, without some strong evidence to the contrary.

In my view, the biggest problem TNSW (and TA) had in the recent past, was highlighted by your own comment about not knowing what was happening.

It's not so much a 'desire for secrecy' as a 'lack of publicity' that has caused much of the past grumblings... lack of information, and supply of disinformation in its absence, can do far more harm than publishing bad news... and this is something that I believe all STTAs and TA have now fully come to grips with.

This is the one area where I have hopefully made a contribution... and am continuing to do so.

Cheers,

-- MB.

MB try Mr Monaro.

Also others (obviously not you) who have had in interest in selling their products to the Triathlon community.

Parkside, I'd like to go into her but feel that I may not type it in the correct wording.

However it is a contact position and it up again this year for RD's to apply for. The current VP and myself are at this moment working on that contact for the next season.

On this

I am sure that you didn't mean it to come across this way, but there does seem to the impression given that committees prior to the one you are currently on, did not have the same level of dedication, honesty, transparency, etc etc... and I feel that this needs some clarification

I am more talking about the elected committees did not have the same goals and support for each other in what they were doing. We are a focused committee on what we want to do and be remembered for.

I would be *EXTREMELY* reluctant to cast even the slightest slur on the good character of any other previous committee members, without some strong evidence to the contrary.

I have not named any names but those in the know are aware of what has happened. You have been around much longer than me and no doubt know of more people than I do.