OK, Trev, you know my style, straight to the point, let's go with a quick 10.

1. Bourne, little clarification here. At the moment you stand as the sole moderator of this forum, is that right? And as such you liase with the site owner over issues which might bring the forum into disrepute or perhaps legal trouble? Is that correct?

2. Bourne, having said that, who makes the calls on thread deletions, bannings, yellow cards, sin bins, warnings and reinstatments? What's the company line, if any?

3. Thanks Bourne, now switch gears for a minute. You raced the big machines for a while, around places like Phillip Island, can you give us some of the background?

4.Bourne, you are a big fan of triathlon and cycling. Any other sporting interests?

5. OK, Bourne, about 2 years ago you had a long range goal of one day going to Kona. We all know that could take time, but anyway, is that still where you want to be eventually? And, since I'm not 100% sure, how many IM's have you done and what's your PB, guessing, 11:10, but you tell us if you don't mind?

6. Bourne, mate, given a choice of getting top level coaching (free) or merely getting out training with some top line athletes, eg, if you could swim with Web Swim & bike with OLT regularly, which of these scenarios would you choose in order to get maximum benefit? I know you could combine all of the above, but which is better if you had to choose one?

7. Bourne. Look mate triathlon is sometimes expensive and I know it's all relative. How do you justify what you spend on the sport? Do you ever question the cost?

8.Bourne. The TDF is coming up, you're a guy who keeps a close eye on the prelims. Do you see any surprises, like some big names not living up to expectations? What about the Aussies? Cadel, Stuey, Robbie? Anyone else?

9.Bourne. Your impression of IMA at Port. Do you think IMG might try to cash in there and eventually try to ramp it up to 2000 or more?

10.Bourne. Jabbs, Hilly and a few others often comment on the good old days of triathlon. Was it really better back then, or is that one of those populist myths we are lead to believe in?

Thanks Trev, there were more than 10, I know, I'm sure the kids will be interested in what you have to say.

Edited by kamalarrowsmith

The next victim should be K2 asking himself questions in the room of mirrors (with the Yo in attendance).

1. So K2 mate, is it true that you have a dossier on each and every Trannie ......

2. How is your position in the CIA going now that the old boss has resigned.

etc etc

And, since I'm not 100% sure, how many IM's have you done and what's your PB, guessing, 11:10, but you tell us if you don't mind?

Red herring, K2 know exactly how many he's done and what his PB is and how long he spent in each transition :lol:

or merely getting out training with some top line athletes, eg, if you could swim with Web Swim & bike with OLT regularly

Top line athlete, me! Ha haaa! Thanks K2, the cheque is in the mail :lol:

Maybe you meant camb? Both myself and OLT are larded up somewhat at the moment, me more so than him, and he at least has two kids to blame... :D

Edited by WebSwim

You know, I was really disappointed when I went to Camberwell and I couldn't find Mrs Jessop's house. I thought it would be the one next door, but it wasn't.

Pam you probably know this already, but if you go over the level crossing the shop is just up the road. Keep going and the family house is in one of the streets on the left. It still looks the same too.

1. Bourne, little clarification here. At the moment you stand as the sole moderator of this forum, is that right? And as such you liase with the site owner over issues which might bring the forum into disrepute or perhaps legal trouble? Is that correct?

I don't know anything about the legalities and what happens with anything along those lines. But if I notice anything that may cause concern over whats written then sure I'll send over an email to said owner for them to take a look. That way the site owner can make the call if any action is required or not.

DTM & Bernie are still here so I'm not the only one :lol:

2. Bourne, having said that, who makes the calls on thread deletions, bannings, yellow cards, sin bins, warnings and reinstatments? What's the company line, if any?

The original concept was for it to be a self moderated forum but with everything I guess that is open to interpretation of whats acceptable and whats not and because everybody has their own interpretations this is where the grey area lies. It's a pretty big grey area too :D

As there was never really any set written rules (so to speak) is why inconsistancy occur.

Thread deletion can be called soley on the descretion of the moderators &/or admin. I have deleted some in the past but only ever before recieving complaints (and then have to decide whether I think it's require) and if I do so, will inform the site owner that I have deleted a thread just so as they are aware. If a warning/suspension/banning is warranted a moderator doesn't have that capability but can advise that it needs to be looked at.

At the end of the day it is the site owner that has the ultimate power and decides as they see fit for the sites & their own best interests.

If you were to ask if I do a good job as a moderator I'd say No, because of the inconsistancies. I've been criticized for deleting & criticized for not deleting, damned if you do and damned if you don't :D

3. Thanks Bourne, now switch gears for a minute. You raced the big machines for a while, around places like Phillip Island, can you give us some of the background?

I had been riding motorcycles since I could get my road license. Had a few different bikes in the first few years, the thought of racing was very enticing. I started racing in about 85-86. I bought myself a Yamaha RZ500 and took to the track. Over the following 2 years I made plenty of mods to the bike but just wanted something more in tune with the track. I bought myself a Honda RS250 grandprix bike (3-4 years old) nothing like riding a purpose built race bike and never looked back.

Most of my racing was at Amaroo & Oran Parks in Sydney with a few trips down to Phillip island and also got in some at Eastern Creek when it first opened.

1990 was my most successful year reaching number 10 in NSW in the 250GP class & number 11 in the formula 2 class.

Funnily enough for my most successful year I had my share of problems and in some important races and failed to score points. One race where I was in my highest placing my gear lever broke so a DNF. I also even missed the final round because I blew a crankshaft the weekend prior and couldn't get a replacement in time. So I might have even finished a little higher up. But as they say thats racing and to finish first you must first finish. (not that I was going to finish first, maybe 8th :lol: )

I retired from racing at the end of that season.

I along with my brother (also a racer on 125GP bikes) where amongst the fortunate few who were able to test on the Eastern Creek circuit before it was fully completed and open. The race circuit itself was complete but plenty of building works still being done. This came about because the top10 (in the 3 major classes in NSW) were invited to attend a circuit test/trial day.

4.Bourne, you are a big fan of triathlon and cycling. Any other sporting interests?

Motorcycling & Squash.

I still compete in Squash and have played for around 18yrs.

My highest ranking was number 32 in NSW in 2004.

My current ranking is around number 45 (I think) since over the last year I opted to not play muchand as a result my ranking dropped.

I play now for a team based at Caringbah and hopefully can work my ranking back up again.

So far I have been a member of the winning team in Sydney Premiership comp (in 1st grade or Premier grade as it's called now) and runner up 3 times.

5. OK, Bourne, about 2 years ago you had a long range goal of one day going to Kona. We all know that could take time, but anyway, is that still where you want to be eventually? And, since I'm not 100% sure, how many IM's have you done and what's your PB, guessing, 11:10, but you tell us if you don't mind?No I had no long range goal of going to Kona. Maybe misinterpreted it. It's more of a case of if I was fast enough and snaged a spot I would take the opportunity to go, it would be a good experience. Otherwise if I never go, it doesn't bother me at all.

I've done 4 IM's my PB was set this year at Port. 11:36:58

6. Bourne, mate, given a choice of getting top level coaching (free) or merely getting out training with some top line athletes, eg, if you could swim with Web Swim & bike with OLT regularly, which of these scenarios would you choose in order to get maximum benefit? I know you could combine all of the above, but which is better if you had to choose one?

If I had some major achievement goals the coaching option would be the optimum pick.

As it stands it's more about enjoying it and that would be training along side of guys like WebSwim & OLT. Although I have never been out swimming with WebSwim but I'm regularly out on rides with OLT.

7. Bourne. Look mate triathlon is sometimes expensive and I know it's all relative. How do you justify what you spend on the sport? Do you ever question the cost?

Yeah for sure I question the cost. I have my budgets.

As has been said in the past (by many) triathlon can be as expensive as you want it to be. I don't have money to burn so work within my budget.

8.Bourne. The TDF is coming up, you're a guy who keeps a close eye on the prelims. Do you see any surprises, like some big names not living up to expectations? What about the Aussies? Cadel, Stuey, Robbie? Anyone else?

So far I don't see any surprises looming. There is still basically 2 favoured winners with many right behind to take up the podium if either of those 2 falter.

There should be a few coming up to the top 10 with guys like Valverde and Contador. Young guys showing great promise to shake up the guys who have been there for a while.

As for the Aussie's, Cadel is now coming into some great form and again should (if all goes well) be up into the top 10

Robbie should achieve the same as in the past. A couple of stage wins and a good chance of taking the green jersey.

Stuey, I'd hate to say it but Stuey may not even make the team for the TDF.

CSC are a very solid unit and now have 3 of the greatest breakaway/attacking riders in their ranks. (Voight, Piil & Stuey). With no TTT that doesn't help Stuey.

CSC will be targeting the GC with Basso, so I don't think they will be wanting to use up their efforts in putting riders out in those huge long breakaways. I'm not sure how his form is as he has been off with an injury after a crash in an earlier race, so the form may play a factor also.

9.Bourne. Your impression of IMA at Port. Do you think IMG might try to cash in there and eventually try to ramp it up to 2000 or more?

I think they might like to get the numbers up of course, but I don't think there is 2000 people in Australia at any one time want to do an IM.

With the way things are, I think they have reached the ceiling of 1500-1600

Thats the numbers they have had in the last 4 years.

If they want more then I think they have work to do and have to sell their product.

10.Bourne. Jabbs, Hilly and a few others often comment on the good old days of triathlon. Was it really better back then, or is that one of those populist myths we are lead to believe in?

I have only been in this sport for 4 years so I don't know what it was like back in the day.

If it's parallel to other sports, then it's sort of a yes & no answer.

In sports I was competing in it's easy to say they were better back in the day, as there was a greater number of competitors. With greater numbers you get more people that are competative. So therefore a more exciting competition and because you are more involved there is a greater passion for it and therefore remembered more fondly.

Where as now days there can be a greater level of professionalism in either running an event and with the way people approach an event or is it just whats expected.

It's hard to say.

But in some sports I think it was better or should say more competative back in the older days. Other sports its more competative now days. It depends on the popularity of any sport at any given time.

Top work K2 & Bourne. These interviews have definitely been interesting. K2 you've done one with AP what about doing one with some of the other guys that coach on the site.

You may have already done some of these and I just haven't seen the threads but here a few of the trannes that I see on here all the time these are in addition to the coaches that is of course amusing these guys aren't coaches themselves if they are my apologises

Rock Salad

Pete

Out of The Country

Foxy Lady : Though she has already shared a lot through different threads.

Parkside

Pink Boy

Hitman

Reefy.

Think that enough to start with.

:lol:

Edited by grasshopper

G.Hopper, all considered, sure, those names are obvious (OUT OF THE COUNTRY wait till he sees that)

The subject must be willing, and importantly I have to anticipate if he/she is going to be online or not, in the AM....otherwise there's no show.

There's a surprise element too, everyone wants to hear from Hilly, but he's only here once in a while.

Weekends also out. Still thinking about it, but sure, more to come.