IMNZ Race Updates

Nice one Jimmy. Bad luck Jawa.

I can't help thinking Vernon has had some kind of problem. I know he was hoping for approx 10.10. Hard to imagine he miscalculated by such a margin :lol:

Update, he just finished. 10.32 and change

Edited by FatPom
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not forget Transitioner Iron Titanik who is also racing in Taupo today. Only 6mths after giving birth I think too.

Iron CLM is there too but I don't think she has been on Trannies for a while.

Ronnie 154

or

Steely 054

edit:  I wrote down the wrong numbers the wrong way round  :lol:

The site has Lawn as 09:30:13 total time

maybe a bit of controversy. Give her a 3 sec penalty to be sure (I have 056 ticket)

martin 153 and jackfrost 053

Edited by Plazbot

JoR, Newman & Shuffler

should be to far away, if they maintained their pace. They were only between 5 & 10 min behind Vernon at the 1st split time.

As for Dan B, I didn't hear him come in and he was infront of Vernon.

(Dan is a regular attendee of the NSTC training rides)

there are discrepancies in the timing - what looks to be the official timing says .13

in the update section where they have written it says .14 as per plazbots post!!!!!!!

this will need to be clarified - but currently it look like the official time ends with a 3!!!

These are the results as listed in the athletes results page.

Cameron Brown 10/2/1 32 00:46:23 04:40:46 02:48:27 08:20:14

Joanna Lawn 39/38/30 31 00:51:37 05:14:51 03:19:12 09:30:13

what they posted in the leaders board is plus 1 sec.

hmmm........................ :lol:

looks like we will have to wait that little bit longer to see what ones are the right ones.

I kind of think the athlete results page are more likely to be it because I think they are taken from the timming chips.

wait and see.!!!!!!!

I think I heard them say Dan B has just crossed the line. (pretty sure it was)

He must have blown out on the run. He is a good runner to. Must have haad a hard day.

Congrats on the finish Dan. (1st Ironman)

Still to finish.

Avago

bbig004

BigChris

Shuffler

Shuffler was running close to Newman & JoR at first split, so must have faded.

BigChris should be next in depending on the whereabouts off shuffler

A class act from the Swede's

Bjorn Andersson and Clas Borling are a couple of neat athletes. One bikes like a demon and the other runs like a gazelle - usually.

Today it didn't go quite according to plan with Bjorn finding the brick wall in the ride and Clas a similar obstacle in the run.

But they didn't give up!

And they walked home, together - to a huge applause from the equally huge crowd here in Taupo

Sad to report the rigours of a tough day on course in Ironman New Zealand have been too much for double lung transplant and CF sufferer, Scott Johnson.

Johnson went through the swim and bike in fine form, but once the heat of what has been a very warm day in Taupo set in, the native of Northern Carolina fund the going getting tougher and tougher and though persevering through to Five Mile Bay on the run, finally pulled the pin to save any possible medical problems.

I have to admire this quietly determined young man and his quest to finish the Ironman, and I'm guessing his quest will continue!

:lol:

14:25:30 and 932 finishers.

I blew my estime off bbigs speed.

bbig004 was in 955th at first run split, so if he holds around that position he should be nearby.

Hang in there & bring it home young fella.

Sad to report the rigours of a tough day on course in Ironman New Zealand have been too much for double lung transplant and CF sufferer, Scott Johnson.

Johnson went through the swim and bike in fine form, but once the heat of what has been a very warm day in Taupo set in, the native of Northern Carolina fund the going getting tougher and tougher and though persevering through to Five Mile Bay on the run, finally pulled the pin to save any possible medical problems.

I have to admire this quietly determined young man and his quest to finish the Ironman, and I'm guessing his quest will continue!

:lol:

bummer

Andersson is so disappointing. Lack of preparation? Hell, he was on Epic Camp out training everyone, per the daily reports.

Yea , something not quite right there !

It may have been said already (as I'm just reading through all the posts now), but the issue today was lack of preparation time, not lack of effort or will to do well. Sure, he was hammering at Epic, but Epic was also the beginning of his training, as he'd just returned from a 6 - 8 week forced lay-off to let his foot injury heal.

Was that bbig004 called out as finishing??

walk away for a cup of Tea so didn't hear it properly.

Definately called a Brian from Aukland though.

If so, under 15hrs great job Brian. congratulations.

Short Time summary of transitioners results.

Name Swim T1 Cycle T2 Run Total Place
Avago 1:13:22 6:44 6:38:38 3:52 4:09:57 12:12:35 513
bbig004 1:21:10 6:06 6:27:03 8:04 6:50:23 14:52:48 983
BigChris 1:09:25 9:07 6:07:10 5:21 4:46:36 12:17:41 529
jawa 1:04:28 4:53 5:12:03 1:03 - - DNF
Jimmy C 0:57:13 6:49 5:12:51 5:29 3:46:30 10:08:54 88
JoR 1:09:37 7:12 5:52:37 1:43 3:58:41 11:09:51 265
Newman 1:03:03 5:42 6:03:04 2:29 3:51:29 11:05:49 250
Shuffler 1:01:48 6:14 5:47:43 3:19 4:47:03 11:46:10 381
Vernon 1:04:29 5:10 5:49:37 3:19 3:23:58 10:26:35 124
Dan B 1:00:13 5:15 5:35:12 3:04 4:55:50 11:39:37 359

Congratulations everybody on some strong results and a couple tough ones also.

Enjoy your recovery ;) and hope everybody is happy with there efforts & results.

cheers :lol:

thanks to everybody who joined in today, everyone has done a great job in showing there support to all who raced, hope you enjoyed your day.

:D

can I go for a ride now :D:lol:

Ahhhh there is nothing like them playing the Proclaimers, "and I would walk 500 miles & I would walk 500 more.........................."

sorry ;) I didn't do it. they did.

Nah thats a hoot. "what will you do with a drunken sailor, what will you do with a drunken sailor,what will you do with a drunken sailor, so early in the morning"

where are they getting their song list :lol::D

wah hey and up she rises...................

I havn't seen or heard anything regarding a Jump start though, Apart from Webby's post of course.

Since people haven't figured it out yet, Jo Lawn's race was perfectly legit. However, if, by some strange chance, se were to be penalised 8 seconds, then I'd win the wheels ;-)

...though it appears Cam's time has been revised to end in 4, not 5, so I'll need him to be penalised a second as well.