Jump to content

Aidan

Members
  • Content Count

    1,983
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Aidan last won the day on October 17

Aidan had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

240 Excellent

About Aidan

  • Rank
    Senior Addict
  • Birthday 12/04/1983

Contact Methods

Profile Information

  • Location
    Melbourne

Previous Fields

  • Year of first Tri race?
    2002

Recent Profile Visitors

930 profile views
  1. here we go, IM just made it obvious that Tiers 1/2/3 are only about 40% of entries. Tier 4 (most expensive) makes up the remainder (about 60%)
  2. Pay 20 deep - yes Top 10 with an autoqual for next year - no! Means you lose them from your brand for the next 12 months. Or worse they race with a competitor's brand! Monument at IMA (a nightmare to get to for anyone from o/s, town struggles with capacity as it is) - no Monument at IMNZ (same Oceania region, 4 hours drive from big airports...) - no Monument at Roth - your main competitor's biggest event?! - no No monuments in North America - your biggest market! - no Keep the big non-Hawaii races as Cairns, Frankfurt, somewhere fun in Asia (Japan may actually work well i
  3. Aidan

    Wurf watch

    Vuelta confirmed
  4. Lots of people campaigning for a new qualifying system here when no one has actually said what the current system is... 😳
  5. 10 female kona slots for 27 starters, 37% 65 male kona slots for 194 starters, 33%
  6. Where did you get the 11 % from? Incorrect. Smaller age groups receive proportionally more slots.
  7. My 2c from a sports physio pov and having spent some time with some exercise physiology PhDs: stretching - probably less important than most think ice baths - probably detrimental or at best unhelpful in a 'normal' weekly training environment. Save it for post races. S&C - proportionally more important as you get older esp. after 35 y/o. compression - maybe maybe helps a small amount, probably best used in recovery rather than during exercise diet - same as per S&C, i.e. more important as time goes on.
  8. It was cancelled several months ago
  9. Aidan

    Casey Neistat

    I haven't watched many of his videos in the last year. Are they still good?
  10. Aidan

    Coronavirus

    Interesting take. Work as a doctor and make positive changes for 5-30 people a day, or work in public policy and make decisions that help thousands?
  11. If you're a Queenslander with Kona aspirations make sure you are on the start line F1824: 1 entrant F2529: 0 entrants F3034: 2 entrants... Probably the best opportunity to qualify ever except for that funny race in Asia in the early 2000s where they ran the race but without IM support and had 30 or 40 slots for about 60 entrants from memory...
  12. Ironman just cancelled 3 x 70.3 events in Spain and Ironman Barcelona
  13. Aidan

    RIP Nina Kraft

    I've just seen she has passed away. Young - 51 Won a lot of IM races. Also finished first at IM Hawaii in 2004 but was later DQ'd for a +'ve EPO test.
  14. Aidan

    Wurf watch

    Wurf finished in the main pack in Stages 1 and 2
  15. Indoors ok - looking forward to some 6 hour Zwift rides... 😆
×
×
  • Create New...