Jump to content

CEM

Members
  • Content Count

    4,380
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

CEM last won the day on May 23 2019

CEM had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

250 Excellent

About CEM

  • Rank
    Transitions Legend!

Previous Fields

  • Year of first Tri race?
    1985

Recent Profile Visitors

1,164 profile views
  1. https://protriathletes.org/pto-2020-championship-lineup/ A cracking field - this race is going to be amazing to watch.
  2. I tipped this!! My next prediction, unfortunately, is that the Tokyo Olympics will be cancelled...
  3. BTW...I saw a couple of months ago that NZ athlete Hayden Wilde ran 13:51 for 5000m track race...
  4. Is a 4 month delay - Oct to Feb - really going to make any difference to a) whether people can travel internationally, and b) whether it is actually safe to hold a mass participation event??
  5. These ITU guys train a LOT (check his Strava) and have some wheels on their feet...an 8:11min track 3000m. Video here.
  6. They are good at synchronised drills...but can they run??
  7. Swap Wed and Thur would be much better. Only a day between your two session workouts is too short.
  8. You are missing the key points that the article highlights. Foot landing is a result body / torso position. If you maintain a good posture, run tall, and have a quick, light cadence then your foot landing will find its own position, which the last point says...don't focus on your feet. This article articulates all the things I teach in running technique sessions.
  9. I'm not 50 yet (next month!!) but running is my primary / main sport these days. Despite an 18+ month running streak, I am humble enough to realise that each run might be my last of my 'between injuries' streak!! As mentioned, I have found that strength training in recent times has been crucial to consistency, together with consistency itself. Consistency begets consistency. The hardest part has been striking an 'optimal' balance between running and strength work, so I can get some worthwhile training done in each, which comes down to periodisation and relative prioritisation of running a
  10. Been using it for several years, primarily for coaching. I like it. Great app. Doesn't have the metrics and other features of TP, but excellent for doing programs and reviewing sessions. Much cheaper than TP.
  11. CEM

    Speedy Week at parkrun

    You should show your colours in a Parkrun somewhere. Training the house down. See how your form is.
  12. Hot / cold / whatever feels best. I think the best use of your time is putting your feet up and relaxing. Focus on the first 99% fundamentals before worrying about the 1%'ers.
  13. CEM

    The 1% stuff

    Most/many people who worry about the 1%'ers would be better off spending their time and energy doing the other 99% a bit better. This includes sleep.
  14. It kind of depends on what worn out means - shoes physically falling apart or the midsole losing life. I rarely 'break' a shoe, apart from a bit of wear on the sole (even after 800-1000km on mainly concrete / bitumen). However, the midsole loses integrity and structure gradually but is really only noticeable when you directly compare it a new shoe of the same model. In recent times I wore 2 pairs of Pegasus 34 to 1000km each, and could have gone further, and just this week retired a pair of 35s at 800km. They were physically ok, but there was a subtle but noticeable loss of support throu
  15. Just a bit more lighting on the boulie would be great - there's barely any street lights (< 10, I reckon) along the 6.6km of it...
×
×
  • Create New...