Sign in to follow this  
OneZero

'05 Races

ok, so im back in training to do some races in '05. Unfortunatly due to work commitments (fortunate though coz i love my work) i cant do some of the more well known races.

So im doing

Newcastle forshore- 6th Feb

Kurnell #2- 13 Feb (maybe)

Sri Chimoy Classis-6th March or Hilston Outback (where is Hilstone?)

Banana Coast- 10 April

Club Champs-7May (have a wedding to shoot at about 2pm that day so it should be interesting)

What other races are there around? (baring in mind id like to keep it kinda local being on the Central Coast NSW and i dont have the time or $$ to do half IM races)Ive been to the trinsw website and pulled the ones above off there but im sure there are some that arent on there that are good to do! even if they are club races....

Thanks in advance

Edited by andrew81

I am thinking that Hillston is just out of Mudgee. Nice area if it is - flatter than Canberra.

I was doing something similiar trying to put together a yearly planner of races that are not going to over tax this newby. I have to pace myself and want to do the sprint type races.

is it an idea maybe to contact some of the larger tri clubs to see if they hold 'unsanctioned' races?

And BTW who are the ones I need to watch out for here, and please do not hesitate in pointing out the delish lassies here - or is it a good assumption that the site is predominatly testosterone fueled - whch is fine - I just wont be cracking onto any of you.. :lol:

Global Elite Events

for more info select the above link and select 'Events' then 'Bartercard Triathlon Series'

Locations:

Star City (just west of Darling Harbour)

All races are 300m swim, 8km cycle, 3km run

The race dates:

Race 1 - Sunday March 6, 2005

Race 2 - Sunday March 20, 2005

Race 3 - Sunday April 17, 2005

And BTW who are the ones I need to watch out for here, and please do not hesitate in pointing out the delish lassies here - or is it a good assumption that the site is predominatly testosterone fueled - whch is fine - I just wont be cracking onto any of you.. :D

You're the man! :lol:

I am thinking that Hillston is just out of Mudgee. Nice area if it is - flatter than Canberra.

I was doing something similiar trying to put together a yearly planner of races that are not going to over tax this newby. I have to pace myself and want to do the sprint type races.

is it an idea maybe to contact some of the larger tri clubs to see if they hold 'unsanctioned' races?

And BTW who are the ones I need to watch out for here, and please do not hesitate in pointing out the delish lassies here - or is it a good assumption that the site is predominatly testosterone fueled - whch is fine - I just wont be cracking onto any of you.. :D

hahaa best of luck to you :lol:

Ah bugger! Mudgee is way out of my traveling league. Especially for a sprint distance race.

Global Elite Events

for more info select the above link and select 'Events' then 'Bartercard Triathlon Series'

Locations:

Star City (just west of Darling Harbour)

All races are 300m swim, 8km cycle, 3km run

The race dates:

Race 1 - Sunday March 6, 2005

Race 2 - Sunday March 20, 2005

Race 3 - Sunday April 17, 2005

Thanks Bourne, they are pretty short but still something to race on a Sunday.

I plan to join a club (prob Mingara, despite all the nice Shire people wanting me to join their throngs its a bit too far away for me!

Andrew - sorry to hear about the flu (just got the PM) but in a week yo'll be over it!

The Global races are ok but yeah, 40-odd mins to do & add the drive if from the Coast so may not be worth it for me personally but - we have SANCTIONED club races on:

16/1

13/2

13/3

17/4

Mate - the CC's will be interesting - they start at about 2 dont they??!!!

I've entered the Penrith race this Sunday but only that plus club races and hopefully Port Macca and the OD race at Port Stephens - will give me at least 6-7 races this season.

Hope youse all had a good xmas & NY & are back & champing at the bit to get back into a big year of tris folks!!!! :lol:

Isn't Hilston way out west? I thought it was the Outback triathlon. I rode through there on my pushbike back in 1976. Four of us rode from Roto to Albury. the first 50k was dirt. As far as I know it still is. Ah those were the days.

Edited by Kanangra

Isn't Hilston way out west? I thought it was the Outback triathlon. I rode through there on my pushbike back in 1976. Four of us rode from Roto to Albury. the first 50k was dirt. As far as I know it still is. Ah those were the days.

Um, maybe I was recalling Hill End. Sorry have NFI now. Will have to go find a map.

You're the man! 

I hear a voice say that to me every morning...... :lol: and its only me in bed :D

Andrew - sorry to hear about the flu (just got the PM) but in a week yo'll be over it!

The Global races are ok but yeah, 40-odd mins to do & add the drive if from the Coast so may not be worth it for me personally but - we have SANCTIONED club races on:

16/1

13/2

13/3

17/4

Mate - the CC's will be interesting - they start at about 2 dont they??!!!

I've entered the Penrith race this Sunday but only that plus club races and hopefully Port Macca and the OD race at Port Stephens - will give me at least 6-7 races this season.

Hope youse all had a good xmas & NY & are back & champing at the bit to get back into a big year of tris folks!!!! :lol:

thanks Pearso, im over my sickess now but my gf had to be taken into hosipital last night while i was shooting a wedding and put on an IV and fed antibiotics... so yeah it been a LONG friggen night... so i think training will resume this arvo with a swim.

Yes you have a point about the small races, and i was only thinking last night while 'borrowing' some tounge depressers and alcohol swaps from the hosiptal that my current bike set up (softride, bull horns, bar cons) wont suit an 18km sprint with lots of loops. I'll send you and email re-events at Mingara.

CC's? u lost me there.

OD race @ port stepthens?? when... where.. how i i enter??

Andrew,

Sorry to spoil your party, BUT I think Club Champs dont start until around 1pm? So if you have a shoot at 2pm you better be really fast.

Mark.

If you are considering doing a Global Elite Event, ask them how accurate the timing of their last event was at La Perouse. Failing that I will post my e-mail exchange with them following same. It was to say the least pathetic, and so was the race.