• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If any organisation was going to have a large group of people test negative, it'd be the UCI.

Posted Images

From sbs 

Each of the 785 tests carried out returned negative results. The organisers of the Tour de France and the UCI would like to thank all of the teams for their collaboration and for the vigilance that they have shown and will continue to show up until the finish in Paris.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Limited said:

SBS is showing it live. Or use the sbs tour tracker app. Sign up no fee and they have a live feed

No need to use the tour tracker, just cycling central with no sign-up.

https://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/article/2020/08/30/watch-tour-de-france-live-stream

So Bernal is out. I feel that will do his head more harm than good. There are guys completing the tour with no chance of a win with broken ribs, Bernal should ask sivakov how he has enjoyed the first two weeks.

No point damaging yourself I suppose but I'm not entirely convinced that's why he is out.

Edited by dazaau

Chapeau to Lopez. Pretty much puts paid to Porte finishing on the podium, but without that 100 second time loss on the wind stage he’d be right in it still. That said the 3 strongest riders are in positions 1 to 3, so I can’t complain to much about porte’s luck.

It is good to see Richie put together a complete 3 week GC ride in a grand tour. It’s such a shame that he’s had such rotten luck over the past 5 years. He’s now on the wrong side of 35 and taking up a domestique contract next year. Which I think is a big mistake. While I think he’s too old and just not good enough to win the TDF now, he is good enough to get onto the podium in the other two grand tours and I’d have really liked to see him ride as a team leader for another two years before giving Ironman Racing a crack in his late 30s-early 40s (as I think of all the cyclists contemplating triathlon he has the best physiology and all round ability to do something really special, even aged 38-40). 

anyhow, he’s hoping Porte still smashes the time trial to bits, wins the stage and sneaks onto the podium, lol.

Edited by Andrew #1
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, zed said:

Did Roglic's teammate cost  him the stage win? Can't remember his name, was it Dumolin? Broke away, forced Lopez to chase, then let Lopez go and dropped back to pick up Roglic by which time it was too late. 

It was Sepp Kuss.  I initially thought the thought process was send him up the road for the stage win, but when Lopez responded and Roglic couldn't it kinda backfired.

Even so, would have thought the correct play would have been for Kuss to lead him out as far as he could and then let Roglic go. 

31 minutes ago, zed said:

Did Roglic's teammate cost  him the stage win? Can't remember his name, was it Dumolin? Broke away, forced Lopez to chase, then let Lopez go and dropped back to pick up Roglic by which time it was too late. 

Whether it was team "arse-covering" I don't know, but Roglic said after the stage that he asked Kuss to attack, hoping to break Lopez or Pogacar.

45 minutes ago, Horowitz said:

Crazy how strong these domestiques are....finishing within 60 seconds of the winner on a stage like this

Yup. I'm blown away at the strength of the guys that make solo breakaways and can hold off chasing packs.. I would have thought a group of 5 or 6 would reel in a solo guy easily.

Jumbo Visma's race director has been ejected from the tour after "misconduct" during the after race inspection of Roglic's bike on Wednesday. He was said to be intimidating and abusive toward the UCI officials who were conducting the x-ray & internal inspection of the bike.

Obviously he wasn't trying to hide anything (else Roglic would be excluded) so interesting to know what was going on.

On 17/09/2020 at 9:29 AM, Ayto said:

The comment of the stage was something like "you know when the best riders in the world are going 9km/h, you know its steep"

Yeah, 24% steep 🤪

And to put that into IM context. MFD at Port is around 18 - 20% for about the final 50 metres.

A "lot" of people have to get off and walk.

Cannot imagine riding 5% steeper than MFD for more than 3k !!!!!!!!!!! Even with a 32 cassette on the back.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Jumbo Visma's race director has been ejected from the tour after "misconduct" during the after race inspection of Roglic's bike on Wednesday. He was said to be intimidating and abusive toward the UCI officials who were conducting the x-ray & internal inspection of the bike.

Obviously he wasn't trying to hide anything (else Roglic would be excluded) so interesting to know what was going on.

Apparently the official elected to dismantle Roglic's bike himself and damaged it.

• Confused 1

I'm still recovering from the stress of last night ha ha. Good on Richie for battling it through. He really has to work for everything doesn't he. 

His team, while they try, are also pretty average. Porte said there was supposed to be a guy with a wheel mid way on the gravel but for some reason he decided to hang out on the tarmac at the end of the gravel. Just not a hard core GC team like others who had three guys scattered throughout that section with wheels. 

he must owe Tom D and Wout big time for the little helping hand they eventually provided, was probably the 20% that made the difference between getting back on and losing plenty.

Come on Richie. Saturday night TT all in. No regrets. I would be so stoked if he got third, no doubt not as stoked as him! 

Edited by dazaau
  • Like 3
On 17/09/2020 at 9:04 AM, Andrew #1 said:

...It is good to see Richie put together a complete 3 week GC ride in a grand tour. It’s such a shame that he’s had such rotten luck over the past 5 years. He’s now on the wrong side of 35 and taking up a domestique contract next year. Which I think is a big mistake. While I think he’s too old and just not good enough to win the TDF now, he is good enough to get onto the podium in the other two grand tours and I’d have really liked to see him ride as a team leader for another two years ...

I'm sure Richie would love that as well, but I doubt he was getting Team Leader offers from teams worth riding for.

And as a Domestique, he may still get to ride as Leader in the secondary Grand Tours.  Or he may get a chance in the TDF if the leader falters. How many times has the designated leader of Ineos not been the winner.

And while unlikely, I haven't ruled him out of snaring the podium via the Time Trial. I'm often the eternal optimist.

• Like 2
On 17/09/2020 at 1:42 AM, dazaau said:

Oof. Full on. 

Not sure it will be enough. Lopez, dang, didn't see that coming. 

What a great tour

I knew the Columbians had to attack, it's just that Rigoberto couldn't. So can Lopez TT? Velonews have a piece on him suggesting he's not that good but has been working on his TT position.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Lopez can’t TT. He will be about 2 minutes from the winner of tonight’s stage. 

The first 30km will be telling on him, but the last 6km is anything but a normal TT. 5.9km at 8.5%!

image.png.f39ebe5693a2f0f9c211ee2c78598357.png

Sagan is all but out of the Green Jersey hunt now with Bennet beating him in both sprints last night. Sagan has also lost a rider last night, to of al things, a bee sting.

22:07 18 Sep

SHAREDPostlberger abandons

A really unfortunate way to have to leave the Tour de France.

Bora-Hansgrohe's Lukas Postlberger was stung on the mouth by a bee and has had to abandon after dropping back to the medical car for treatment.

That will also hamper any plans Bora have to put Peter Sagan up the road later on.

And was this one of the best finishes you've seen?