What was the last non-tri event you participated in?

Last big event for me was one of the big Brisbane bike rides.  Not the bris to goldie (didn't enjoy that) but the one that included the Cootha climb (which my mate and I didn't do).  Must have been mid 2018 as I did nothing next year.  Think it will probably be my next big event as I'd like to do it again next year.  What was your last non-tri event, and what are you looking forward to doing when some semblance of normality returns? 

Edited by goughy

Last non Triathlon events were all running races last Winter. 

- Run Melbourne (Half Marathon)

- Trail Running Series races hosted by Rapid Ascent

- Half Marathon at the Melbourne Marathon

UTA100 (100km trail run) in May 2019

After that my focus was Worlds (tri).  After that I switched focus to ski paddling as I couldn't run anymore. 

My first marathon event was the first of the cancelled events in March 2020. :(  So I haven't done a paddling event yet. 

I think it was a Striders 10K in Sydney Olympic Park in August 2018.  That hurt.  A lot.  What hurt even more was getting exactly the same time that I had gotten in the previous 10K attempt.  I had to stop run training after that due to PF ....

Sydney marathon last September. 

Was training for Six Foot track in March this year, it got cancelled due to fires and floods destroying heaps of the infrastructure around Caves. 

I would like to do another marathon when mass events re-start. I have not entered the rescheduled Sydney marathon currently set down for November because a. not really sure it will happen on that date and b. November in Sydney would be really warm to be running a marathon. 

My 2020 Six Foot entry cancellation means I have qualifier and allocated spot for 2021 (if it goes ahead...) 

Shark Island swim, just before the big shutdown. 

Old mate Royds pipped me after I got through half way still on his feet, but at least I got Gorro's scalp again. 

• Like 1

Great topic

I have done 2 local off road running races since NZ lockdowns lifted (the next two in the series may not go ahead). These we about 12km off road runs in regional parks on walking trials. allot of fun and mud.

Prior to these was the Run Larapinta / Redback MTB in Aug/Sept last year near Alice Springs. These were multi day stage races and great fun and adventure. The stage races were really good to make an experience out of a travel destination, also easier on the aging body than a long one day race.

• Like 1

Apart from a few park runs and Sydney Corporate Cups, the last non tri event was a three day Tour de Cure fundraiser in March 19 (400 kms). Now THAT feels like a lifetime ago. 

FM

Haven’t done a tri since IM Wales in 2018. Since then, mostly ultras and road running races.

I think the last proper event was Winchester 10km back in Feb.

Next one is Sept 19 in Wales, not an ultra but a hard AF 24km trail race called the Fan Dance.

6 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

18km?

Out and back course with a timing point at the turn around in case WA's infamous cheat was racing.

It is a tough hilly course just like Busso. The only elevation is running over the Narrows bridge. 😀

• Haha 1

The 50km of the 2020 Bathurst Cycling Classic (used to be the B2B or Blayney to Bathurst) which we were lucky enough to do before Covid really hit.

The new courses were 100km or 50km and were pretty tough with a lot of climbing and they were designed by Mark Renshaw who has moved back here after his retirement.

Edited by fiftyplus

Doing my bit to entertain at the Gold Coast Marathon 2017 as Angus Young.

An extract from an interview with Andrew Lofthouse the QLD newsreader.

DEE5435F-FD86-4CBB-954B-6A895AD5F400.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

King Island Imperial 20 in March. Unless you count virtual races, but I haven't done full distances – did the half options for the virtual Comrades and Midnight Sun marathon.

On 13/08/2020 at 8:11 AM, Turts said:

UTA100 (100km trail run) in May 2019

Yep, that was my last event too...  And it may end up being my last ever real event :unsure:.

I'm definitely going to be needing something to fill that void!

Sutho Shire old boys Pub Run 2019.  Who’s who of Shire triathlon has beens and ended up at beer, wine and footy festival at Henson Park. Long stop at marrickville rsl twice too. 

The practice event two months earlier was good too through all Kirrawee drinking establishments, Shark Island, Bowlo, Prince, Sunday Rd.  

Assuming virtual races count I did the Norseman festival of climbing a couple of weeks ago - basically 6500M of climbing over one week (bike and/or run) which is the altitude gain on the Norseman course.  Did 27 repeats of the back of Coottha in 3 goes.

And I have an entry to this race which is next weekend but clearly unable to attend because we can't leave.

https://www.saalbach.com/en/events/trail-skyrace

It's still going ahead, some COVID19 restrictions in place but clearly the world hasn't stopped in Austria just Australia.

• Like 1

A couple of hours ago for me. I ran 5km with Masters Athletics.

First run after a month off with a low-grade calf tear. I was uncharacteristically prudent in choosing the 5km instead of the 10km. Not far, not fast, but it was good to back and running.

• Like 4