Sign in to follow this  
KieranR

IMWA 2020

I just entered a competition at work to win a free entry to IMWA2020.  Probably the only race that’ll go ahead this year.  Better start training.

Think I’m going to go to an all fish diet, my freezer is nearly overflowing with Coral trout at the moment.

not sure if I should do the marathon in just budgy’s this year, been talking about it for a while now.

been hitting the gym a bit lately, not really working out though.  Just been going so the wife stops threatening to pull my membership.  I like being a member of a club.

even put my bike light on charge before I went to work tonight, with the intent of going for a ride in the morning.....bed is more appealing right now though. 

• Like 3

I don't think the corona virus will affect whether or not IMWA goes ahead,  probably more about $$? If the borders are open to WA, it will be only a few states, so numbers will be limited. I'd imagine there are a fair few (like me) that don't want to commit to an IM program without some kind of assurance the race is going ahead as well. If they only get 500 entrants for IMWA would the race still go ahead? Everyone gets a Kona spot! You will just need to wait till 2025.

Edited by zed

Just now, trilobite said:

How did Clive Palmer get on with his constitutional law challenge to the WA border closure?

Still in court at the moment.

5 hours ago, KieranR said:

I just entered a competition at work to win a free entry to IMWA2020.  Probably the only race that’ll go ahead this year.  Better start training.

Think I’m going to go to an all fish diet, my freezer is nearly overflowing with Coral trout at the moment.

not sure if I should do the marathon in just budgy’s this year, been talking about it for a while now.

been hitting the gym a bit lately, not really working out though.  Just been going so the wife stops threatening to pull my membership.  I like being a member of a club.

even put my bike light on charge before I went to work tonight, with the intent of going for a ride in the morning.....bed is more appealing right now though. 

That is a weird prize for a competition. I guess that the company that we both work for gets a few free entries as they are a race sponsor.

Good luck with the training.

2 hours ago, trilobite said:

How did Clive Palmer get on with his constitutional law challenge to the WA border closure?

I wouldn’t minds a few dollars on him winning.  

and the WA will do a deal with just Queensland and tassie and SA and Clive will be happy with that. 

23 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

That is a weird prize for a competition. 

It is isn't it! Most people would want an Iphone or dinner for 2 not an entry into a race where you have to train 3 months for!

1 hour ago, zed said:

It is isn't it! Most people would want an Iphone or dinner for 2 not an entry into a race where you have to train 3 months for!

I guess being that the company is providing the vollies it’s a fair deal that they get given two entries to give away.  I’d rather a dinner for two also but seen as though I’m toying with the idea of participating again I figure I may as well put an entry in and save myself ~$900 if I were to win.

• Like 2

On 29/07/2020 at 10:12 AM, Peter said:

I wouldn’t minds a few dollars on him winning.  

I also think that he will win the high court challenge. I also think that he will lose a lot of WA votes.

He has bugger all votes to lose !!!!!!

What will be interesting if that he wins and I think he will [ based on the constitution stating that all states must provide free and open access across the borders at all times] and the worst happens and we get a bunch of Corona cases here the government will blame Clive for forcing the border to be open and the locals will be mighty pissed.

He has a house here in Applecross.....it will be vandalised and burned to the ground with him in it.

5 hours ago, KieranR said:

I guess being that the company is providing the vollies it’s a fair deal that they get given two entries to give away.  I’d rather a dinner for two also but seen as though I’m toying with the idea of participating again I figure I may as well put an entry in and save myself ~$900 if I were to win.

Don't toy.......Do!!!!!!