Sign in to follow this  
Scottz

Ironman rules - trisuit

Hi there, does anyone know is a standard DHB trisuit (pic attached) would be allowed for an Ironman?  A friend is doing his first - the sunny coast in Sep and he's told me that the rules say no clothing above the shoulders/on the neck... I'm not sure if that means only sleeveless trisuits are ok?  He's a ginger and needs the sun protection :(  Help a sista out?

dhb-Hydron-Short-Sleeve-Tri-Suit-Tri-Suits-Black-SS20-AL0063BLKS.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AA7 said:

Absolutely fine.

This, best to to refer to the country rules (which is TriAus) and I think the rules have been adjusted this year so people can don the "Cathy Freeman"! 

Competitors may wear any type of race suit (comprising of 100% textile material) throughout the race except where detailed below: a. During the swim segment the race suit must not cover hands or feet, and must not contain any material which assists in buoyancy, such as polyurethane or neoprene. b. During the bike and run segments, the race suit must cover the torso. If front zipper is attached it may be undone but must be connected at the bottom at all times.