Irvine

Lab testing

Morning everyone,

I’ve been digging into various testing protocols the top athletes have available to themselves, lab testing, genetic testing etc. 

Has anyone here had a go, got a story, recommendation?

with this “time out” I wanna see what my body is capable off, it’s time to do some serious hard work   

Thanks,

Neil. 

2 hours ago, Irvine said:

Morning everyone,

I’ve been digging into various testing protocols the top athletes have available to themselves, lab testing, genetic testing etc. 

Has anyone here had a go, got a story, recommendation?

with this “time out” I wanna see what my body is capable off, it’s time to do some serious hard work   

Thanks,

Neil. 

Based on lab data or actual field testing. 

Do a 3min run test test all out look at hrm for it and other data have access to.  Put in place a training block for 4-6 weeks and then test again.  See if you improve.  

I get the “basic” tests but what about say “genetic testing” has any one tried it? 

professional athletes have access to it determining the basis of their nutrition and training plans. So why not us mere mortals?

39 minutes ago, Irvine said:

I get the “basic” tests but what about say “genetic testing” has any one tried it? 

professional athletes have access to it determining the basis of their nutrition and training plans. So why not us mere mortals?

There is place in Melbourne that does some testing.  METS PERFORMANCE CONSULTING 

Lactate and Vo2 testing etc. 

Look for a good quality metabolic cart + experienced people - e.g. a university (probably hard in Covid times).

Seen plenty of tests with crap data where athletes could have saved a lot of time + money.

Also, be clear on the testing protocol you want to use dependent on what you’re trying to achieve.. e.g. don’t get talked into 2-3’ steps for lactate testing.