Jump to content
FatPom

Everest record gone again

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, flathead said:

I would certainly give it to you but there are rules. "Kinetic gain", blah blah, "single climb", ... So many rules...

Big ride there PW. 👍

Thanks but I bet IP did it that year on a fixie in half the time as a training ride for something else.... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PeterW said:

Hey, just checked out an old Strava activity from back when the ACE250 was changed to 3 x Buffalos-plus due to bushfires.

Does this count as a (slow) Everest?

It might. Send it to them, the worst they can do is knock you back.

Who knows, you might just be rolling around this summer in a grey stripe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PeterW said:

Hey, just checked out an old Strava activity from back when the ACE250 was changed to 3 x Buffalos-plus due to bushfires.

Does this count as a (slow) Everest?

 

IMG_3147 (1).jpg

Nice ride but there is no way that is nearly 9000 m of gain

5000 m max More like 4500 

( I live at the bottom of buffalo So know multible reps of buffalo well including a fatbike Everest )

mrs ip and I have done buffalo (dingo dell) ,Then  hotham , Then buffalo (Dingo dell) Rides and they arnt quite 6000  m so bright to dingo dell X3 wouldn’t be any more than 5000m 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ironpo said:

Nice ride but there is no way that is nearly 9000 m of gain

5000 m max More like 4500 

( I live at the bottom of buffalo So know multible reps of buffalo well including a fatbike Everest )

mrs ip and I have done buffalo (dingo dell) ,Then  hotham , Then buffalo (Dingo dell) Rides and they arnt quite 6000  m so bright to dingo dell X3 wouldn’t be any more than 5000m 

When doing the Everesting on a Fatbike was it sketchy cornering at speed when descending ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2020 at 7:59 PM, ironpo said:

Nice ride but there is no way that is nearly 9000 m of gain

5000 m max More like 4500 

( I live at the bottom of buffalo So know multible reps of buffalo well including a fatbike Everest )

mrs ip and I have done buffalo (dingo dell) ,Then  hotham , Then buffalo (Dingo dell) Rides and they arnt quite 6000  m so bright to dingo dell X3 wouldn’t be any more than 5000m 

image.thumb.png.e71ebc8b998747b53203fff60a9644a4.png

 

Yes, from the altitude plots that day it looks around 3 x 1,500, say about 4,500.  I don't know where the 8,900 came from!!  It had me thinking that the everest thing is not too tough, but I would have to do this whole ride two times..?! Fark that!! Once was enough!! LOL

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PeterW said:

image.thumb.png.e71ebc8b998747b53203fff60a9644a4.png

 

Yes, from the altitude plots that day it looks around 3 x 1,500, say about 4,500.  I don't know where the 8,900 came from!!  It had me thinking that the everest thing is not too tough, but I would have to do this whole ride two times..?! Fark that!! Once was enough!! LOL

How many laps of Farnsworth Pete?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/07/2020 at 3:54 PM, Peter said:

How many laps of Farnsworth Pete?

I reckon it would be just shy of 300 laps of farnsy to get the full Everest.  There's a rumor going around  that someone did this - you would have to be crazy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PeterW said:

I reckon it would be just shy of 300 laps of farnsy to get the full Everest.  There's a rumor going around  that someone did this - you would have to be crazy!!

341 times for 9209 metres.

everesting.cc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, trilobite said:

How many laps of Mt Coot-tha would that be?

Is there bonus elevation if it’s in the rain?

You can't do laps for an Everest. It has to be an up & back.

The normal side we did reps on was the back, so at 198m elevation gain, it'd be 45 reps. 

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, flathead said:

341 times for 9209 metres.

everesting.cc 

That was uppy - i remember that happening a while back, but why 9209, I thought Everest was 8,848m?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/07/2020 at 3:44 PM, PeterW said:

That was uppy - i remember that happening a while back, but why 9209, I thought Everest was 8,848m?

Maybe contingency?

The extra repeats total a 361 metres of additional climbing. Which effectively covers a one metre discrepancy per lap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/07/2020 at 5:11 PM, flathead said:

341 times for 9209 metres.

everesting.cc 

I thought that was nuts, until I found out that another local hill - much shorter and sharper - was also an Everest. This is the Edgewater Blvd in Maribyrnong - commonly known as "The Nail" - by one of the local cycling community's more colorful characters.

Come on Marty, 490 repeats over 20 hours?! You gotta be f'n kidding me?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2020 at 9:53 AM, Ironnerd said:

Now people are running everesting. The runners are almost as fast as the cyclists.

https://runningmagazine.ca/trail-running/runner-faster-than-all-but-two-canadian-cyclists-in-everest-challenge/

Can you imagine the state of your quads doing that at that speed? Wonder how many times he tripped and just rolled down the hill??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They say....if its not on strava it didn't happen....therefore if it is on a strava it happened.

So... I rode 180.2 today up Nrth of Sydney. Strava said my elevation gain is 10,513metres. 

Therefore I did an Everest.... andf I think I also got the time record. a slow 6:40. Has anyone else in the world gone sub 7.

PS: Elevation gain should be around 2500 :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...