Sign in to follow this  
2bruisedplums

Delivery costs from Wiggle / CRC

I just noticed there was no free delivery for orders over $100 from Wiggle. I went and tried on Chain Reaction and same thing. I wonder how long ive been paying for delivery without noticing. Wiggle seems to be free over $200 now.

Where is everyone buying from now? Im a regular with Science in Sport bars and usually end up buy about $120 worth of stuff when i do buy.

Yep, pushys a lot more these days.  Even used velogear.  My mate ordered an axs groupset from pushys last Monday night and it was in his hands before lunch on the Wednesday!

additionally should be buying local to support local and domestic businesses.

At present I buy everything from my LBS as i want them there to service my bike and for when i need urgent things like more tubes/tires.

• Like 1

Have bought numerous items from Pushys over the years including expensive items such as a Tacx Neo and Power Meter pedals.  Never had an issue.

With Wiggle I use the £9.99 per year unlimited next day delivery. There is no min spend, I'm assuming that's not offered in Oz?

What I have noticed is that there are no more free returns. Well not quite true because UK law says there has to be a free return option but their only free option is is if you happen to have an ASDA supermarket near you (which we don't).  

IIRC, it's £2.50 for a return now (but you can do multiple returns for 1 x £2.50)

5 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Pushys & bike bug. Wiggle doesn’t seem to be as it once was

Agree.  Pushys is the place online now.  

Was only talking to a mate last night re the good old days with Parkers from the UK, before the internet. You would ring up, place your order, use the conversion rate to keep it under $1000 to avoid GST at this end (also taking the VAT off at their end). Parcel would arrive a week later with their latest 10-12 page paper brochure of all their goodies/prices and you would peruse this till your next order. Bike is still fitted with cranks, derailleurs, STI levers, bar end levers, bars and seat from Parkers. I remember Conti GP tubulars would be less than half the price you could buy them for here. Understand re supporting local shops, but it gets a bit hard when things are less than half price from OS. Additionally, the few times I did buy stuff from Sydney, it would take just as long to get here (4hrs up the freeway) as it did from the UK.

• Like 1

Parkers Int were a really great shop, especially if you ran Campag.  Such a shame he couldn't find a buyer.

16 hours ago, Peter said:

Yep and they usually have a decent sale on as well.. if i need something realy urgently I will get a 99 Bikes to "%% price beat" the pushys price and get it in store..

I need a source of half decent cheap clothing though!  The Wiggle dhb stuff I find pretty ok, but I don't know where else locally to find ok stuff.  Any suggestions?

define cheap? if you are happy with them then why change? 

I got some Bellwether bibs from 99 bikes and they've been pretty good (but they were >$100.)

I want to get some cheaper ones to try on the  trainer  so might look at the 80-90 ones at 99 bikes.. 

• Like 1

Hadn't bought cycling gear for a while and went looking at the usual places I used to always buy from including Ribble. Little range stocked now on the Ribble website these days and also noticed the change in shipping with Wiggle / Chain Reaction which have the same owners so expect them to be the same...

NeoPro Cycling here in Australia are pretty cheap. They have some decent designs and the quality is pretty good. $85 for bibs and $50 for jerseys from their current collection. Clearance stuff even cheaper.

https://www.neoprocycling.com/

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BNothling said:

NeoPro Cycling here in Australia are pretty cheap. They have some decent designs and the quality is pretty good. $85 for bibs and $50 for jerseys from their current collection. Clearance stuff even cheaper.

https://www.neoprocycling.com/

They look ok, what is the fit like?

On 15/06/2020 at 5:25 PM, Peter said:

Agree, but I always compare prices with bikebug as their prices are better on a lot of items

4 hours ago, Naut said:

To be honest, I don't actually know. I don't any of their gear yet. 

They're a small company. If you shoot them a message somehow, I'm sure they'll come back to you fairly quickly.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Naut said:

I've heard nothing but great feedback about NeoPro. Their new releases sell out really quick so must be pretty good.

Edited by AA7
  • Thanks 1

+1 for Pushys. I've bought load's from there over the years. They have regular discounts/sales, delivery is fast (usually next day or two), and locally based for me in Brisbane.

I usually pick up running shoes when on sale online from Stringers Sports (Melbourne based?). Also fast to deliver, even though interstate.

The best fitting (for me) cycling gear I've found lately has been from Cannibal and Wyn Republic, which are both local for me in SE QLD, and have sales at different times. 

I used to buy from Wiggle a lot, but haven't for years since local options improved.

Velogear is another place I've found stuff at lately too.

I ended up making a wiggle order, as one of the things I wanted no one else seemed to have within Cooee of their price.  $27 for shipping, and it's already left with an expected delivery date of July 9.

On 16/06/2020 at 7:29 PM, BNothling said:

On 17/06/2020 at 6:52 PM, BNothling said:

To be honest, I don't actually know. I don't any of their gear yet. 

I have some neopro gear. I like it - its pretty good quality commuter gear in my opinion. The knicks are longer than some of my other gear and ride high up on my stomach, but I don't mind that actually. I would have no problem buying again. 

Another good "local" supplier is Monton https://www.montonsports.com.au/ I don't mind their stuff eitehr. 

• Thanks 1

On 18/06/2020 at 8:16 AM, bRace said:

+1 for Pushys. I've bought load's from there over the years. They have regular discounts/sales, delivery is fast (usually next day or two), and locally based for me in Brisbane.

I usually pick up running shoes when on sale online from Stringers Sports (Melbourne based?). Also fast to deliver, even though interstate.

The best fitting (for me) cycling gear I've found lately has been from Cannibal and Wyn Republic, which are both local for me in SE QLD, and have sales at different times. 

I used to buy from Wiggle a lot, but haven't for years since local options improved.

Pushys has some good gear and sometimes has a similar price to Wiggle and others. My only concern with Pushys is they never answer the phone and they take ages to reply to emails.

On 23/06/2020 at 8:37 AM, 2bruisedplums said:

Pushys has some good gear and sometimes has a similar price to Wiggle and others. My only concern with Pushys is they never answer the phone and they take ages to reply to emails.

I've only had to call them a couple of times. Once to arrange to drop by their warehouse to pick up an item I needed that day. Another was to organise replacement of a faulty powermeter. Both occasions I had no issues, but I might have got lucky. Otherwise, prices are usually pretty competitive for the things I buy, and delivery is fast.

Urrrrgggghhhhh, shipping is soooooo sloooooowwwwww.  My wiggle order that left on the 20th has been in brissie for 2 days now and still lists the middle of next week as expected delivery date.  And my velogear order was delayed a week because they didn't have something and couldn't get it, and it left monday and still lists Melbourne as it's last tracking point and next week as delivery.  Don't they realise how important it is for me to upgrade my bike from 2005 10speed to 2010 10 speed.  Yeesh.

• Haha 2