Flanman

Which Pools are Open ?

Thought I would start a thread so everyone can list what pools are open plus any specifics regarding (e.g. 1 hour booking, outdoor, busy after 4pm etc).

Over to you.

Thanks

FM 

Parramatta - 1 hour sessions
Epping - Open, book a lane by phone, I have heard its busy, note that it is the ONLY pool that is servicing the north and north west of Sydney as Hornsby and Waves are shut 
https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/eppingaquaticcentre
Macarthur Girls - Open, book a lane by phone 
https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/recreation-environment/swimming/macarthur-girls-high-school-pool

City of Sydney - 1 hour sessions
Prince Alfred Park - Open book on phone
Victoria Park - Open, book on phone
https://news.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/articles/reopening-of-city-sydney-playgrounds-outdoor-fitness-areas-pools

Inner West - 1 hour sessions
Leichhardt - book in online (members) or phone (non members)
https://www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/explore/aquatic-centres/leichhardt-park-aquatic-centre-lpac/swim/swim-bookings

Canterbury-Bankstown - 1 hour sessions
All pools open - via an eventbrite booking 1 hour limit, can only book day prior
It's getting busier and harder to book a lane at most times on the weekend, especially the early sessions. Most of tomorrow is booked out, and I booked at 6.30am, maybe squads are back.
Canterbury Bankstown Council - Leisure & Aquatics Events | Eventbrite

Mountains - 30 min sessions, but you can book sessions back to back
Glenbrook - book in, up to a week prior
From what I am hearing from people up there it is freaking busy and it's hard to get a booking, but Atmosphere in Penrith is reopening this weekend, so if you are a member there, you can book a lane by their system.
https://www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au/glenbrook-swim-centre/about-glenbrook-swim-centre

Edited by MissJess
  • Like 2

1.Cockburn ARC in perth is back to normal no booking required.

2.Riverton Aquatic Centre the same

Northcote Melbourne 1 hour with bookings

Someone hit the extra dose of Chlorine  button today to kill off everything - only lasted 20 minutes - arg.

Richmond, Collingwood and Fitzroy to open over the next 3-4 weeks - same process

Pelican Park at Hastings is open, bookings on the hour (45 minutes to swim) with 3 people per lane. I'm going tomorrow, just hope it doesn't make me too soft to swim in the bay again next week 😂 

12 hours ago, MissJess said:

City of Sydney - 1 hour sessions
Prince Alfred Park - Open book on phone

rang them today, booked out 2 weeks ahead.

rang them today, booked out 2 weeks ahead.

Interesting - they are only letting you book two days ahead with the system at Northcote.  The joy of working from home means I can be flexible with times which helps.  Cant believe they are using a phone system?

On 12/06/2020 at 3:01 PM, symo said:

Someone hit the extra dose of Chlorine  button today to kill off everything - only lasted 20 minutes - arg.

Richmond, Collingwood and Fitzroy to open over the next 3-4 weeks - same process

Waves 

Aqualink are open

2 hours ago, symo said:

Interesting - they are only letting you book two days ahead with the system at Northcote.  The joy of working from home means I can be flexible with times which helps.  Cant believe they are using a phone system?

Online or phone bookings it seems 

On 12/06/2020 at 3:01 PM, symo said:

Ive been swimming at msac for 2 weeks now. Must be a sekrit still as limit is 2 to a lane and always spots free. 
My local pool opens Monday.  Will be easier. 

I went swimming for the first time in the COVID-19 time. So so strange, Got to book in the day earlier, 1hr per session, but you can only swim 40mins of that to allow the change over for the next session.

You cant use the change rooms, showers, you have to get changed poolside, and you have to leave the building through a fire exit. 

Hey, at least pools are open again.

Craigie (WA) is open, both indoor and outdoor pools. No restrictions, no booking required. Squads are not allowed back yet.

As I am WFH I go during the day, avoiding lunchtime and generally get a lane to myself.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Paul Every said:

Swimming in a Scarbs pool sounds most unappealing. :unsure:

The more cultured 😀 person would call it Scarborough pool. Beautiful pool and location.

image.thumb.png.c8bc9f1d7aad7f2f1169671406e8a9c2.png

Edited by Ironnerd
  • Like 1

First swim in new UNE pool today.

Only open to members, 45min slots, max of 6 (only 6 lanes), can only book 24hrs ahead.

Good news - sweet fa chlorine compared to the old cesspond.

Bad news - swim speed down at least 5% after almost no swimming since Feb.NewUNEPool.thumb.jpg.e85e27b8ec6c8774144a7c8c3b03c112.jpg

I know times are tough, and it may be unpopular, but I'm paying $8.60 for a 40min swim in my local.council pool.

I can't book online, I can't use any facilities and I get 40mins max.I think there needs to be an adjustment.

2 hours ago, Lost in transition said:

I know times are tough, and it may be unpopular, but I'm paying $8.60 for a 40min swim in my local.council pool.

I can't book online, I can't use any facilities and I get 40mins max.I think there needs to be an adjustment.

We are $5.50 for an hour inside the facility so maybe 50 minutes swimming.  Daughter swims with me so $11 per swim for us both.

Would like to be swimming 3-4 times a week but staying at 2 until the membership model returns.

29 minutes ago, Toolish said:

We are $5.50 for an hour inside the facility so maybe 50 minutes swimming.  Daughter swims with me so $11 per swim for us both.

Would like to be swimming 3-4 times a week but staying at 2 until the membership model returns.

How are you finding it? 

Clearly prices have dropped a little.  Whats it like? Full bookings?

16 minutes ago, Turts said:

How are you finding it? 

Clearly prices have dropped a little.  Whats it like? Full bookings?

We swim Monday and Thursday at 5:15, Monday squad is on so that uses 10 slots, but normally only 4-5 others.  Thursday there is normally only 4-5 total.  Once it was just the 2 of us.

It is eerily quiet, but that might change today with the Gym being back.  I think realistically they had to drop prices a little because of the time limit and there is no member option.

13 minutes ago, Toolish said:

We swim Monday and Thursday at 5:15, Monday squad is on so that uses 10 slots, but normally only 4-5 others.  Thursday there is normally only 4-5 total.  Once it was just the 2 of us.

It is eerily quiet, but that might change today with the Gym being back.  I think realistically they had to drop prices a little because of the time limit and there is no member option.

I am a member at aqua link gyms opening is changing nothing in terms of occupancy

You can either choose a $5 casual entry or restart membership at 30% off.  

You have to book.  45mins per swim 

Ryde (in Sydney) pool has opened today. In the Olympic Pool they have put the boom in place so it is two 25mtr pools. They also have another 25mtr pool. They said a maximum of 3 people in a lane. When I was there at lunchtime I had 8 lanes to myself. No bookings required and no time limit. I did have to write down my name and contact number on entry. 

• Like 2