Cranky

Rouvy & IM Virtual Racing

Can someone please educate me on what Rouvy is? I know it's an online training app similar to Zwift. But what's the difference and why is it the only option for the virtual racing - if you want points towards 70.3 WC? How is outdoors not appropriate? If I was to do 90km on my trainer with exactly the same power, it would take me longer than if I was outdoors.

1 minute ago, Cranky said:

Can someone please educate me on what Rouvy is? I know it's an online training app similar to Zwift. But what's the difference and why is it the only option for the virtual racing - if you want points towards 70.3 WC? How is outdoors not appropriate? If I was to do 90km on my trainer with exactly the same power, it would take me longer than if I was outdoors.

well it standardizes the course, and they use real courses. They also could have done it on zwift with TT bikes. If your trainer is not on thier list you are not doing thier race

3 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

well it standardizes the course, and they use real courses. They also could have done it on zwift with TT bikes. If your trainer is not on thier list you are not doing thier race

Oh. I have a Cycleops (dumb) trainer, so probably not. Which means IF I wanted to virtually quantify I am not able to. 🤷‍♀️

That sucks. 

7 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Do IM have a partnership with them? I remember years back, IM had a partnership with Qantas, and you didn't get your start spot at Kona unless you bought your tickets to Honolulu from Qantas.

• Sad 1

I downloaded it as well as RGT Cycling and have tried both, only for a bit though. Both of them struggle with lack of riders and races compared to Zwift. The look and feel of RGT is amazing, 10 x better than Zwift and Zwift should really take notice. They shouldn't be resting on their laurels. I thought Rouvey looked a bit odd, computer generated cyclist riding with read road footage looks weird. 

14 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Where's the list?

Oh. I have a Cycleops (dumb) trainer, so probably not. Which means IF I wanted to virtually quantify I am not able to. 🤷‍♀️

That sucks. 

Yep I agree, as you are in Oz and NZ bubble though they might well be doing it as mainly aus and NZ people through actual races as the rest of the world might not be coming.

Gives me 6 months to get my swim back when I get through quarantine

7 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Do IM have a partnership with them? I remember years back, IM had a partnership with Qantas, and you didn't get your start spot at Kona unless you bought your tickets to Honolulu from Qantas.

In the early days it was Air New Zealand..... and everyone generally flew via Auckland.

21 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Yup they do.

17 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

In the early days it was Air New Zealand..... and everyone generally flew via Auckland.

Actually, you may be right. It could have been Air NZ. I did fly through Auckland.

Just did the bike leg for vr10 and rode 254 watts so 3.3w a kg for a 1.09 ride. Now the guy leading my division rode around 54 mins, i looked him up and last half ironman rides a 2:20 at nz 70.3 now i ride a 2:22 at western syd and 2:28 at cairns last season, but online he is 15min ahead over 40km! Hope he gets DQ

• Like 2

Yeah I reckon there is a bit of weight doping going on - just like Zwift has, that and a few people not calibrating properly.

Although, a change in the software has me putting in higher speeds than I usually would.

5 hours ago, Gilliga said:

Just did the bike leg for vr10 and rode 254 watts so 3.3w a kg for a 1.09 ride. Now the guy leading my division rode around 54 mins, i looked him up and last half ironman rides a 2:20 at nz 70.3 now i ride a 2:22 at western syd and 2:28 at cairns last season, but online he is 15min ahead over 40km! Hope he gets DQ

Yep, it’s total BS.

43 minutes ago, wombattri said:

Yep, it’s total BS.

This event is all over the place if you go through the splits and average power to weight there some bizarre outcomes like i biked 3.1 watts a kg and my time same as most people bike 2.4 watts a kg and a mate biked 3.7 watts kg and was same time as me.  

Are people just height cheating?? I rode smooth power wasnt like i went super hard early and super slow late.  

Anyone else looked at the results on rouvy and noticed this same outcome?? Like no reward. Other who biked same average w/kg 6 -10 mins faster then my split.

It is a shit show! 

Awarding slots based on virtual racing is a croc of shit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think ive found issue so anyone racing today dont make my mistake: 

Rouvy has two apps i used rouvy workout not rouvy AR and its not got all features so prob translates speed different ill test theory see if im right. The AR app wasnt showing my course so i tried workout one. Now i deleted AR app and reinstalled and the course is there . the AR app has a lot of updates to the workout app but i had no idea of this till now And apparently it impacts speed a great deal and the whole system.

update: rouvy customer service have confirmed using their workout app has a different algorithm and therefore I should have raced on their AR app. 

shame ironman didnt mention this instead said just race on rouvy.

Edited by Gilliga
  • Like 1