You need matching bikes 

New bike for her new bike for you 

You planned it well

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, rory-dognz said:

You need matching bikes 

New bike for her new bike for you 

You planned it well

Nah, there's never been a better TT bike than the original 2005 P3, it was the blueprint for everything since 😉

I'd love to find her a 2005 model as well.

I was suggesting a P2, which she thought was an earlier model than the P3 so no go, till I explained the P2 was developed later & Chrissie Wellington won Kona on one at her first attempt.

I suspect colour will be a big issue 🙄

I’ve got a 58 P3 you can have. Just cut some seat post and you’re laughing 😂 

• Haha 1

I went from A BMC TM01 to a P3 - that was an expensive mistake as i wish i got a P3 in the 1st place, 

• Haha 1

I had a 2006 P3, god I miss that bike ♥ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -H- said:

I had a 2006 P3, god I miss that bike ♥ 

Yup, it is an epic machine.

Only negative is a non-replaceable rear deraileur hanger.  It is part of the frame & if it breaks, you are stuffed.

When my knees went to Hell, I sold the Cervelo Soloist & tried to sell the P3, but thankfully it did not sell, as I got my knees back now.

Easy fix.  Give her yours and you get a new one   Oh it doesn’t fit tell her she will grow into it

Edited by Prince

I love my Transition.  I have the same model as this and I don't think I've ever had bike envy over anything else.  My only concern would be getting a new seatpost if that was cut too short.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prince said:

Easy fix.  Give her yours and you get a new one   Oh it doesn’t fit tell her she will grow into it

No way she's having my P3!

1 hour ago, Stikman said:

I love my Transition.  I have the same model as this and I don't think I've ever had bike envy over anything else.  My only concern would be getting a new seatpost if that was cut too short.

What is this cutting the seatpost caper?  Don't they make the seatpost tube long enough that it can slide right up & down?

I'd have no idea till we went and looked at it, though I think it was his son's bike, so maybe if he was a similar height?

There is a limited range between minimum required insertion and the post bottoming out.  I'm sure it will be fine, it was an issue with me but just because I have freakishly long legs.

• Like 1

I had one before my P3, but it was the 1996 model, probably not comparable to the one you're looking at 😁 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

That's Ben who was peepee on here

When I was in Sydney I used to go to him for all bike needs. Certainly worth ringing and chatting. 

1 hour ago, rory-dognz said:

That's Ben who was peepee on here

When I was in Sydney I used to go to him for all bike needs. Certainly worth ringing and chatting. 

Those QRs are 2016 and although that in itself isnt a bad thing, they are well below your P3 from 10 years earlier.. QR have now bought out a superbike type thing that is way more aero.

Id probably pay the little bit extra and go the P2  that Peepee has for 3199 but other places have for 2800-3000 so i would see if he will match or beat that.. the P2 is hard to beat base to build on..

depends how expensive a mistake you want to make...

We went shopping the day after Ironman Texas.........

In my dehydrated, half asleep, zero fks given state of mind. My wife thought it would be a good idea to get a new engagment ring.

What I thought was Aus dollars was USD without sales tax.

Then there was the time my daughter went shopping at Lush at the 50% off sales. I have $350 worth of bath bombs, shampoo, face masks etc isn't $175 after the discount is applied. She had $700 worth of crap that cost me $350

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

That looks quite old and $$?

US$1700 new

https://www.racycles.com/product/detail/5205

But looks to be a 9 year old model?

Edited by zed
  • Like 1

On 30/05/2020 at 5:39 PM, rory-dognz said:

You need matching bikes 

They like having matching bikes...liked my new one so much she went and got same one

20200111_131810.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My mistake was buying a BMC SLR02

- added power meter & carbon wheels

First frame bent. Second frame lasted a month.

Lost my shit not having a roadie & purchased a Factor 02 as a training bike. So I only got ultegra di2 on it with bog standard rims.

Loved the Factor so much I decided it’s too good for a training bike. I now need carbon wheels & power meter for it......

BMC have decided to upgrade me to the SLR01

So now I have two bikes that I don’t want to put on the kickr

currently looking for a 56cm roadie to bolt on to kickr.

Mighy also be looking for a new wife if I keep buying bikes

Which part of the BMC frame bent mate? Was it the same issue with both frames?

54 minutes ago, MattS said:

Which part of the BMC frame bent mate? Was it the same issue with both frames?

The rear stays went on the first one. The wheel would lean to the left side of the frame.

The brakes calipers on the second one wouldn’t sit flush. They tried to face the mounting points but it wouldn’t fix the issue. I’m tipping the rear stays went on the second one as-well. Just not as bad as the first one. 

So I’m now waiting for the SLR01 to ship from Switzerland 

Problem solved.

OldDave has come to the rescue with a P3 👍

Now she'll have a better TT bike than me.....once the Qld border opens to we southern lepers.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Bored@work said:

The rear stays went on the first one. The wheel would lean to the left side of the frame.

The brakes calipers on the second one wouldn’t sit flush. They tried to face the mounting points but it wouldn’t fix the issue. I’m tipping the rear stays went on the second one as-well. Just not as bad as the first one. 

So I’m now waiting for the SLR01 to ship from Switzerland 

Shame, thought they were OK, I'll steer clear now.

4 minutes ago, MattS said:

Shame, thought they were OK, I'll steer clear now.

Yep. I loved the bike. I just have no faith in the structural integrity of the frame.

My BMC TT bike has had no issues at all.

Just checked my emails & I took the bike to the shop on the 24 March. It’s been a long wait. 

22 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Yep. I loved the bike. I just have no faith in the structural integrity of the frame.

My BMC TT bike has had no issues at all.

Just checked my emails & I took the bike to the shop on the 24 March. It’s been a long wait. 

Can I ask what shop? Street name will do, I'll work it out!

41 minutes ago, MattS said:

Can I ask what shop? Street name will do, I'll work it out!

I took it to the original shop who I purchased it from the first time the frame went. They blamed BMC for a long lead time. Took it in late Nov and didn’t get the replacement frame till late January. I spoke with BMC at the time & they blamed the local shop for not providing proof of destruction. 

Took it to BE this time & they have been dealing with BMC. I have also had direct comms with the importer. Customer service has been a lot better this time. With all the COVID crap I understand there will be a delay in shipping. The replacement frame left Switzerland 10 days ago so I should see it soon.

So I figured the TT bike would be her b'day pressie in July & save me the usual b'day thinking, but seems I've under-estimated 😬

So I'm thinking a power meter to go with it, but the pedal-based one would be easier than faffing about with a crank.

Any recommendations on decent pedal-power meters that won't break the bank & are Garmin 530 compatible?

PS I went back to riding our daughters old 2 tonne Sub-zero for our last 40km ride & she kicked my arse - some balance has been restored.  Will be interesting when we are both on P3s so see who is the fastest rider.  I'm not confident!

Assimo power pedals - well priced, work without issues, work perfectly on my 530.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Finally picked up the new BMC today 

AB4E1097-9F15-4F99-927E-73A7AB7D5D13.jpeg

Looks nice, but when I see it I can't help thinking of black sand shoes, and how silly they can look. :)

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Finally picked up the new BMC today 

AB4E1097-9F15-4F99-927E-73A7AB7D5D13.jpeg

Looks sweet... hope its structural integrity is improved on your recent experiences..