ComfortablyNumb

Winter/ Covid Swimming

Apparently there was a seal out there but I didn't see it, probably for the best cos I would have shit my pants 😁 

Unless they meant me in my wetsuit with my iso blubber 😂 🐳 

• Haha 2

Is anyone else planning a solstice swim tomorrow?  7.43am I'll be jumping in at Seaford, no wetsuit - not sure how long I'll last!

40 minutes ago, -H- said:

Is anyone else planning a solstice swim tomorrow?  7.43am I'll be jumping in at Seaford, no wetsuit - not sure how long I'll last!

Yep, I'll be at the dam for a pre-sunrise solstice swim.

• Like 1

1km no wetsuit

Happy Winter Solstice! ☀ 

Messaging1592692464676.jpg

• Like 4

Looking at the weather forecast earlier last week, I did my solstice swim yesterday, lol.

8x100M on the two minute repeat cycle, Additional 30 seconds rest, 8x50M on the minute, flippers on for 500M freestyle with every 3rd 50 backstroke. 

I'm still a slow bastard these days. Struggling to hold better than 1:45 pace for the 100s and 45-47 seconds for the 50s. 

56 minutes ago, -H- said:

1km no wetsuit

Happy Winter Solstice! ☀ 

Holy cow. I would really struggle to do that. Nice work.

1 hour ago, -H- said:

1km no wetsuit

Happy Winter Solstice! ☀ 

Well done. I had to put a hold on mine as I was told last minute we had people coming for breakfast. I'll get in my pool later for a half hour. It's colder than the dam anyway.

The group that normally swim at the dam did a midnight swim for solstice, with 2 groups heading off at 11pm & 12, & both finishing at 12:30am for drinks & nibbles in the carpark.

Some of the others wore wetsuits but it honestly wasn't that bad once I got going.  It took me a while to warm up again afterwards though 😂 

Messaging1592692443793.jpg

• Like 1

Had my first swim today since husky. It was ugly. Was never I good swimmer but that was bad

Edited by Limited

I swam in the pool today, had a lane to myself and did the allowed 45 minute session. It was okay but I think I'll keep up the bay swimming as well, I'm addicted 😍 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Limited said:

Had my first swim today since husky. It was ugly. Was never I good swimmer but that was bad

My first swim back was horrific. It was drowning with forward momentum. 

1 hour ago, BNothling said:

My first swim back was horrific. It was drowning with forward momentum. 

At least you were moving forward 🤣

Swam 2km in the bay today, so much better than the pool ☀ 

• Like 1

100 km in just over 28 hours.

That's simply mind bending. His pace was faster than 17 minutes/km. Quicker still, if you factor in two 90 second feeds every hour.

I have no idea of the strength of any currents in that part of the Mediterranean, or if there would be a prevailing breeze and chop. I'm looking forward to hearing more detail.

Also the Wave of Change that he promotes is worthwhile cause, simple for people to get involved and with tangible benefits.

He's definitely won me over. I'm a fan. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I think I have a problem. I swam in the bay today, 1st of July, with a northerly. The kitesurfers were out. The pool is open. But I did it anyway 😜 

The kitesurfers were at the other end of the beach, I don't have a death wish

34 minutes ago, -H- said:

I think I have a problem. I swam in the bay today, 1st of July, with a northerly. The kitesurfers were out. The pool is open. But I did it anyway 😜 

The kitesurfers were at the other end of the beach, I don't have a death wish

Now you're past the solstice and into July, the next target is August. From there, why wouldn't you go right through winter. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Now you're past the solstice and into July, the next target is August. From there, why wouldn't you go right through winter. :thumbsup:

2 years ago I did a wet & dry July. I did an OWS every day, and abstained from grog. The latter was harder than the former.

58 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

2 years ago I did a wet & dry July. I did an OWS every day, and abstained from grog. The latter was harder than the former.

Mrs CN & I are going to have a few dry weeks in July.  It will be hard!

5 days of drinking every evening on hols in Coffs with friends has taken its toll.  Felt ruined on our run this morning....and for the rest of the day.

Edited by ComfortablyNumb

I'm having an AFD today but I won't commit to a whole month.  I have a 5 day hearing starting on Monday and I'll be drinking at the end of it no matter what the outcome.