Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bored@work

New bike day

Recommended Posts

The lovey TNT driver dropped off the new bike this week. 
Still need to get a few things. (Cages, carbon wheels, new seat & power meter)  
 

8A05282F-7F7D-4D33-A491-6E1437FF86B7.jpeg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sram this time. What was the reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do us all a favor and ban yourself until the novelty has worn off...😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rory-dognz said:

Not sram this time. What was the reason?

This was going to be a training bike so I wanted something I can put on the kikr (TT bike is ultegra 11 speed) I didn’t want to be changing cassette bodies & cassette on the kickr every time I switch bikes on the kikr. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pieman said:

Do us all a favor and ban yourself until the novelty has worn off...😊

When the novelty wears off, I buy a new bike. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

This was going to be a training bike so I wanted something I can put on the kikr (TT bike is ultegra 11 speed) I didn’t want to be changing cassette bodies & cassette on the kickr every time I switch bikes on the kikr. 

 

Thanks. We have 10 speed bikes which all 3 users can use on the kickr for the reason you listed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rory-dognz said:

Thanks. We have 10 speed bikes which all 3 users can use on the kickr for the reason you listed 

I did think about swapping the TT bike over. I just couldn’t justify a complete new groupset & the additional cost of changing wheels over etc.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bosco said:

Why would you need a TT bike?

Wash your mouth out Bosco.

I've got a TT bike, a road race bike, a training hack & a fixie, and I can barely ride anymore.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bored@work said:

The lovey TNT driver dropped off the new bike this week. 
Still need to get a few things. (Cages, carbon wheels, new seat & power meter)  
 

8A05282F-7F7D-4D33-A491-6E1437FF86B7.jpeg

Looks nice and light and with the disc brakes will be good for wet hill repeats..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, pieman said:

Looks nice and light and with the disc brakes will be good for wet hill repeats..

Pity B@W doesn't do 4am.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Pity B@W doesn't do 4am.

Well yes I would have gone for a brighter color for visibility..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to go all Tom Boonen and pull trigger on Speciliased Roubiax this weekend

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Pity B@W doesn't do 4am.

I’m lucky to do 8am these days. My wife & daughter keep waking me up as they leave the house. I grab a brew & log into work. Didn’t put pants on at all last week.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Hoping to go all Tom Boonen and pull trigger on Speciliased Roubiax this weekend

I’m terrible. I took the Factor for a spin on the road Wednesday night & now I’m thinking I need cheap , rim brake, mechanical ultegra frame to bolt onto the trainer...

The factor is too nice.  
 

I may also been in the market for a new wife if I keep buying new bikes. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bored@work said:

I’m terrible. I took the Factor for a spin on the road Wednesday night & now I’m thinking I need cheap , rim brake, mechanical ultegra frame to bolt onto the trainer...

The factor is too nice.  
 

I may also been in the market for a new wife if I keep buying new bikes. 
 

 

I ride a venge mech ultegra on the trainer and crits if I ever do one again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

I ride a venge mech ultegra on the trainer and crits if I ever do one again

A crit bike. What a great idea.... the last thing I want to do is crash the BMC or Factor.

Of course I will also need a set of deep dish wheels to race Crits. Power meter, matching bottle cages, new pedals, wahoo mount etc

Can you see how I get myself into trouble? This is also the exact reason why my wife still controls all the money & I only get a fortnightly allowance 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gregb said:

I need one because I don't have one.

I'm trying to put a little more substance into the application. You know how these business cases go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

A crit bike. What a great idea.... the last thing I want to do is crash the BMC or Factor.

Of course I will also need a set of deep dish wheels to race Crits. Power meter, matching bottle cages, new pedals, wahoo mount etc

Can you see how I get myself into trouble? This is also the exact reason why my wife still controls all the money & I only get a fortnightly allowance 

I accept that I put money in and every few years I get a new bike. I'll just get a one sided pedal meter and stick with the DT swiss wheels.

But you do need trainer and crit bike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...