Sign in to follow this  
dazmuzza

Sunshine Coast 70.3 2020

So, I was hoping to start training for Sunny Coast 70.3...but what are the chances it goes ahead still?

Hopefully they might be able to kick start sport /events soon - even if they keep the borders closed, they might still get good support as everyone will be keen to do a tri!

9 minutes ago, dazmuzza said:

So, I was hoping to start training for Sunny Coast 70.3...but what are the chances it goes ahead still?

Hopefully they might be able to kick start sport /events soon - even if they keep the borders closed, they might still get good support as everyone will be keen to do a tri!

There is a guy called Nick Mallett on  ST who says everything will be great

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

There was a guy in Trannies who said 2018 was going to be the last Busso 

3 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

I like Nick. He makes me seem normal..?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chuckie M said:

I like Nick. He makes me seem normal..?

He’s better than many but he thinks it will all be fine and he likes to talk about himself suppose anyone who does ultras is going to have to like themselves 

8 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

He’s better than many but he thinks it will all be fine and he likes to talk about himself suppose anyone who does ultras is going to have to like themselves 

I did meet him when I was racing and training in Thailand. He is a bit of a broken soul if you know his back story.😨

33 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

I did meet him when I was racing and training in Thailand. He is a bit of a broken soul if you know his back story.😨

I don't know his back story but yes he comes across terse and bitter about something.

How the ex coach of the Springboks rugby team gets featured in a thread on a triathlon on the Sunshine Coast is beyond me as well

• Haha 1

I start training for it on May 25. Not sure how I'll be swim training at the moment but I feel like pools won't be closed for the entire training period. Run and cycling training is all locked and loaded. 

Even if the event doesn't go ahead, I'll be in good shape to start training for TCE 2021. If it is a last-minute confirmation, I'll be ready to go.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BNothling said:

Even if the event doesn't go ahead, I'll be in good shape to start training for TCE 2021. If it is a last-minute confirmation, I'll be ready to go.

Yeah, I'm raring to go - bike and run will be on point. I'll expect everyone will have relatively slow swim times!

What's TCE?

4 minutes ago, dazmuzza said:

Yeah, I'm raring to go - bike and run will be on point. I'll expect everyone will have relatively slow swim times!

What's TCE?

Yeah, I've tweaked a few things with my training and I'm really looking forward to it. Want to break that 5:15 barrier and go closer to 5:05 if I can. I don't expect the 5:05 goal to happen, but it's best to have one to chase hard. 

TCE - Tweed Coast Enduro

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BNothling said:

Yeah, I've tweaked a few things with my training and I'm really looking forward to it. Want to break that 5:15 barrier and go closer to 5:05 if I can. I don't expect the 5:05 goal to happen, but it's best to have one to chase hard. 

TCE - Tweed Coast Enduro

Ahh TCE - get it :) 

Yeah - while I don't think I'll pb sunny coast as I'm too unfit run wise, I would love to go close to my PB (5:17 currently). Hoping to use it as the building block for a sub 5 in 2021!

With the announcement of staged easing of restrictions, I think there is a good chance that Sunny Coast 70.3 could go ahead in 2020. My motivation levels have dropped off in the last couple of weeks so this gives me some incentive to get my head back in the game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dazmuzza said:

Yeah, I'm pumped! Pools opening up as well. 

10 people at a time though isnt it....

5 hours ago, pieman said:

10 people at a time though isnt it....

That's alright with me. My local pool would struggle to have 10 people there after dinner at this time of year anyway. 

Will be interesting to see the evolution of what's allowable as the situation goes on.

If current guidelines only get us ~10 weeks from now, but still 100 people max for "Community Sport"

Respiratory hygiene and social distancing will be major factors too I think.

Say another 10 weeks from then are we nearly at "new normal" stage?

Reduced fields, reduced assistance?

I'd think the stick your fingers in a cup or cut banana days won't return in full?

Spitting or rinse and spit with water/energy drink a DQ?

Is there enough time/energy/certainty to push on with organising in the mean time?