Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chris

The last dance mj and bulls

Recommended Posts

One of the most interesting sports docs I’ve seen. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/04/2020 at 12:14 PM, chris said:

Actually they signed at the peak I think where as pippin signed a 7 year deal early 

Didn’t really know too much about Pippen, came across as a pretty cool dude. 
He said he signed for the security of a long deal so he could help his family.

Either way I don’t think he’s struggling. His pay was only mildly absurd the rest were plum loco. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/04/2020 at 12:01 PM, BarryBevan said:

How did Luc longley Toni kukoc and Ron Harper earn more than pippen

Pippen took a long contract to protect himself against injury.. And then when he didn't get injured wanted to break the contract to make more money. 

Wonder what he would think of it was reversed and he got injured and they tried to break his contract? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MJ apparently drinks $1800 a shot tequila when being interviewed.   Ha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peter said:

MJ apparently drinks $1800 a shot tequila when being interviewed.   Ha. 

The tight arse is worth $2billion, why didn't he crack open the good stuff! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Limited said:

Pippen made over $109m from his career contracts. $20m more than Jordan 

endorsements? Mike was gettin' paid.

Pippen went from 2.75/year at Chicago to 11mill at Houston. Like the doco said he was 122nd highest paid in his closing years in Bulls 1st stint. He did sign the contract but if they wanted to keep him they could have upgraded him.

Edited by Parkside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Parkside said:

endorsements? Mike was gettin' paid.

Pippen went from 2.75/year at Chicago to 11mill at Houston. Like the doco said he was 122nd highest paid in his closing years in Bulls 1st stint. He did sign the contract but if they wanted to keep him they could have upgraded him.

They should have upgraded or traded could have traded for peak Shawn Kemp and a draft pick that ended up being Jalen Rose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great series so far. New ones out today. 

A lot of people could learn a lot from MJ's win at all cost/wanna be the best attitude.

Oh.... and before the comparisons between MJ and Lebron James start. Lebron James has nothing on Jordon. Noone had the speed and finesse of Jordan. He is/was and will always be the complete package. You can talk about LeBron James but be sure to include another 48 players in the conversation to decide who fits into the 2-50 spots of best players ever.

No 1. was decided many years ago...............and with that cheeky (call it smug) smile...... MJ knows it!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Great series so far. New ones out today. 

A lot of people could learn a lot from MJ's win at all cost/wanna be the best attitude.

Oh.... and before the comparisons between MJ and Lebron James start. Lebron James has nothing on Jordon. Noone had the speed and finesse of Jordan. He is/was and will always be the complete package. You can talk about LeBron James but be sure to include another 48 players in the conversation to decide who fits into the 2-50 spots of best players ever.

No 1. was decided many years ago...............and with that cheeky (call it smug) smile...... MJ knows it!!!!

Lebron is awesome. Having seen him live its hard to describe what an athlete he is. Physically built like Karl Malone, stronger with the explosiveness of Charles Barkley and he has developed his shooting and post game later on.

Le Bron as he was from 2004 to now would have physically dominated a bit like CB and the mail man probably better, Kemp was bit like him physically.

His lack of basketball fundamentals make him less than Jordan, MJ learnt his craft at NC had a jumper, had foot work and could play post.

Le Bron played as a man child through and into an NBA where the Defense was very different to what he would have faced in the 80's90's. 

MJ would have had to work harder against better athletes and much more subtle traps and zones, rember illegal defences were very strict in 80's 90's.

But MJ every day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have been sweet seeing LeBron put up with Laimbeer and co at Detroit in early 90s though.  Jordan found a way to get through it to get his first championship - LeBron just teamed up with better players to get his

For me, this is where the argument for Jordan vs LeBron starts and finishes

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Great series so far. New ones out today. 

A lot of people could learn a lot from MJ's win at all cost/wanna be the best attitude.

Oh.... and before the comparisons between MJ and Lebron James start. Lebron James has nothing on Jordon. Noone had the speed and finesse of Jordan. He is/was and will always be the complete package. You can talk about LeBron James but be sure to include another 48 players in the conversation to decide who fits into the 2-50 spots of best players ever.

No 1. was decided many years ago...............and with that cheeky (call it smug) smile...... MJ knows it!!!!

Where does Kobe rate?  (Not now, but when he was alive) 

Edited by Prince

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prince said:

There does Kobe rate?  (Not now, but when he was alive) 

Top 10 for sure.

Anyone who is ranked from 2-20 are all likely going to enter the great debate.....and will likely end up in the top 50.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Ep 1 last night, did anyone else spend the time wondering why the hell Jordan's eyes were bloodshot looking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

Watched Ep 1 last night, did anyone else spend the time wondering why the hell Jordan's eyes were bloodshot looking?

Yeah, very yellowish as well. 
 

Ep4 was a bit hard to follow, jumping back and forth through the years. Playing against Rodman, then with him, then back to against him again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

Watched Ep 1 last night, did anyone else spend the time wondering why the hell Jordan's eyes were bloodshot looking?

Looks like he enjoys a drink. On the Kobe Bryant, he will suffer for being the poor mans MJ, so top ten off all time not ranked but ten who must be there:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Wilt Chamberlain

Michael Jordan

Once you have those three it becomes more subjective

Le Bron James

Shaq

Tim Duncan

Elgin Baylor

Jerry West

Magic Johnson

Larry Bird

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2020 at 8:01 AM, roxii said:

Yeah, very yellowish as well. 
 

Tipping kidney damage. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Flanman said:

And the Dr...

FM

Yep, had a Converse poster of the Dr on my wall as a 12 year old. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2020 at 9:06 AM, BarryBevan said:

Shaq

 

I don't put Shaq in the top 10 players, top 50 maybe.  When Shaq played, it was his size that he relied on, he didn't have any particularly great skills to call on.  Always a great player to have on your team to guard the paint, but he never would have fitted in with MJ or even LeBron, either of them would have chewed him out about not doing anything about his free throw shot - top 10 players don't appear in movies where the butt of the joke is their shooting ability.

Steve Nash on the other hand had the skill and the work ethic, he always made the teammates around him that bit better.  Maybe not top 10, but top 15 at the lowest

Disclaimer, Suns fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

I don't put Shaq in the top 10 players, top 50 maybe.  When Shaq played, it was his size that he relied on, he didn't have any particularly great skills to call on.  Always a great player to have on your team to guard the paint, but he never would have fitted in with MJ or even LeBron, either of them would have chewed him out about not doing anything about his free throw shot - top 10 players don't appear in movies where the butt of the joke is their shooting ability.

Steve Nash on the other hand had the skill and the work ethic, he always made the teammates around him that bit better.  Maybe not top 10, but top 15 at the lowest

Disclaimer, Suns fan

He was super dominant though do we rate Hakeem Olajawun above him? Nash maybe, never felt the results were there, but there were the Spurs. Super competitor though and tow time MVP, top ten, not sure.

Isiah Thomas

Russell Westbrook

Magic

Oscar Robertson

John Stockton

Stephen Curry

Then I'm starting to talk about Nash, would have been to good to see what it could have been if he stuck with dirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

He was super dominant though do we rate Hakeem Olajawun above him? Nash maybe, never felt the results were there, but there were the Spurs. Super competitor though and tow time MVP, top ten, not sure.

Isiah Thomas

Russell Westbrook

Magic

Oscar Robertson

John Stockton

Stephen Curry

Then I'm starting to talk about Nash, would have been to good to see what it could have been if he stuck with dirk

Agree with you on Nash, the only thing missing was a ring, if he had gotten on of them would have been top 10 for sure.  Hakeem - would take him over Shaq any day

Curry - I can't rate anyone in a 'superteam' as being top 10.  Great talent, but can't include anyone who had to be part of a manufactured team to get their success.  I put him top 20 as a result

 

For me in no particular order (with a noted bias on players I've seen / seen highlights of more than others):

MJ

Kareem

Robinson

Wilt Chamberlain

Magic

Bird

Kawhi (Potential to go to number 2 on all time list)

Tim Duncan

Kobe

Dr J

Nash / Clyde the Glide / Kemp

A fit Grant Hill would have been in the top 20 as well, really killed me seeing his career tank with all of his issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

Agree with you on Nash, the only thing missing was a ring, if he had gotten on of them would have been top 10 for sure.  Hakeem - would take him over Shaq any day

Curry - I can't rate anyone in a 'superteam' as being top 10.  Great talent, but can't include anyone who had to be part of a manufactured team to get their success.  I put him top 20 as a result

 

For me in no particular order (with a noted bias on players I've seen / seen highlights of more than others):

MJ

Kareem

Robinson

Wilt Chamberlain

Magic

Bird

Kawhi (Potential to go to number 2 on all time list)

Tim Duncan

Kobe

Dr J

Nash / Clyde the Glide / Kemp

A fit Grant Hill would have been in the top 20 as well, really killed me seeing his career tank with all of his issues

What a time to be alive. Then characters like Rodman, Barkley. Etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Parkside said:

What a time to be alive. Then characters like Rodman, Barkley. Etc

The game was different. As it changed some much in the mid 80's from the old style highly coached PG and coaches running lots of complex plays to be a game with super athletes it focussed more on the characters which created the game we have today.

Lot of people go on about how Le Bron would not have survived the Jordan Rules. Now I think he would have absolutely smashed them.

He is 6 9 350 to 260 pounds, so strong as Karl Malone, quick as Pippern in the open court. Imaging Lebron at 100 miles an hour and Mahorn or lamibeer trying to grab him or block him they would have been smashed into the stands.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only Netflix could get hold of those finals series to watch again too. 
 

would be awesome.  A sweet way to launch their Netflix sport platform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the end I got the feeling it was less of a documentary and more "The world according to MJ". 

Anytime anyone said anything that was contrary to MJ's view it was just laughed off as bullshit. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Peter said:

If only Netflix could get hold of those finals series to watch again too. 
 

would be awesome.  A sweet way to launch their Netflix sport platform 

They have them on cable here been watching during lock down

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2020 at 10:34 AM, BarryBevan said:

They have them on cable here been watching during lock down

I’d kill for early to mid 80s!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Makes millions, still wears ugly suits.

I reckon its probably pretty hard to suit up those big guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Parkside said:

I’d kill for early to mid 80s!!!

They are a bit mj focused at the moment. I have not coughed up fee for nba tv yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

I reckon its probably pretty hard to suit up those big guys. 

They have there guys called tailors. They make custom suits.

only poor people buy off the shelf. Its why They look crap in suits m

MJ needed to actually get a good suit guy. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Peter said:

They have there guys called tailors. They make custom suits.

only poor people buy off the shelf. Its why They look crap in suits m

MJ needed to actually get a good suit guy. 
 

We need a Pete and MJ side by side comparison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I reckon its probably pretty hard to suit up those big guys. 

Shaq has it sorted 

34E60BB2-E6CF-4616-99B8-3E8C04857BBE.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2020 at 2:30 AM, Parkside said:

I’d kill for early to mid 80s!!!

82 finals sixers Lakers today!! Now watching the Bulls Blazers 92, where MJ lit up threes, just because some one said he can't. Thought Drexler was good offensively but he literally glided through Defense

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

82 finals sixers Lakers today!! Now watching the Bulls Blazers 92, where MJ lit up threes, just because some one said he can't. Thought Drexler was good offensively but he literally glided through Defense

Nicely played. I saw what you did there. 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Shaq has it sorted 

34E60BB2-E6CF-4616-99B8-3E8C04857BBE.jpeg

Sleeves too long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Naut said:

Sleeves too long

Sleeves are on point. Guessing you are off the rack suit buyer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...