Sign in to follow this  
truck

Favourite tri videos

I've been lucky enough to race both of these - each had its own story and challenges.  Both gone for this year but stirred up a few thoughts as to what to do in the future.  How about anyone else?

• Like 2

Fair Play Truck, that's some life changing stuff there.

For me, it's the two.  First one is because I DNF'd this race and ended up in hospital with another back operation. However, I watched this clip over and over and it really put some fire in the belly to come back and finish, which I did in 2017 and 2018.

And then there is this one.  I've never watched a video and thought instantly. 'That is a race I have to do before I die'.  I love everything this race has to offer (including a hotel at the top).  IMO, if you don't get inspired by Swissman, you have a bit of you missing. 😎

The episode of Magnum PI when the bid fella nearly wins only to pull out to chase a bad guy whilst leading the marathon. As excuses go for front runners who tank out on the QueenK it’s the best one ever. ... Macca had nothing on Magnum in the book of excuses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, FatPom said:

Fair Play Truck, that's some life changing stuff there.

For me, it's the two.  First one is because I DNF'd this race and ended up in hospital with another back operation. However, I watched this clip over and over and it really put some fire in the belly to come back and finish, which I did in 2017 and 2018.

And then there is this one.  I've never watched a video and thought instantly. 'That is a race I have to do before I die'.  I love everything this race has to offer (including a hotel at the top).  IMO, if you don't get inspired by Swissman, you have a bit of you missing. 😎

There's some very reluctant starters at IM Wales just looking at the swim start! Nothing like an easy Busso style course in the UK that's for sure😁.

Swissman has always had my interest although it would be a killer if you had a day like that and couldn't descend at max speed because of the wet.  Do think though that the xtri series has a really good feel to it because of the limits on field size, requirement to have support crew and random selection to get in.

• Like 1

Love that race with the Brownlee where Alistair (I think) helps his brother over the line. Just makes me smile everytime.

There are also a few great vids of all out sprint battles as well on Youtube - usually involving some combination of the Brownlees / Gomez / Mola. 

Ironwar is pretty entertaining as well. 

On 20/04/2020 at 5:45 PM, truck said:

I've been lucky enough to race both of these - each had its own story and challenges.  Both gone for this year but stirred up a few thoughts as to what to do in the future.  How about anyone else?

That Norseman video is epic mate. I loved it!

Argh I can't figure out how to embed the damn video 

Edited by CarpeDiem

I love watching anything from Xtri but this one is doing it for me right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pre-training warm up / indoor workout video to get the blood pumping!

https://youtu.be/1vRto-2MMZo

I like this video because it shows age group athletes - the bread and butter of Ironman.

A couple of Trannies (yep, we own up to all of them). From 50 seconds to 60 seconds is the usual good finish. From 3 minutes on is fantastic.

FM

Edited by Flanman
  • Thanks 1