Bored@work

Work from home - funny things

4 minutes ago, Tyno said:

That’s just 3 pics of the same hairdo, right? 😂

Blokes........

• Like 1

I requested work to allow me to get my stand up desk from the office on Friday - apparently they have done this for one other employee, and the current news is our office is likely to be shut until October minimum on current advice.  With my daughter commandeering the main desk in the study for school, buggered if I'm going to keep going on a camping table for that long

As opposed to my (almost former) workplace who is preparing for a staged return to the office in coming weeks.

I have been the only person from my team of 12 that has been going to the office. I do shift work (days and nights). And have just done last Mon/Tues night and this Fri/Sat/Sun night from home. I am quite liking it. Though will head back into the office in the city for at least Wed/Thur/Friday.

Have taken 2 big monitors from work and went and bought a hub so that I can easily connect laptop etc. And when I am done, the kids can connect and have dual screens. Sweet.

IMG_8256.JPG

I have the same furniture! Only I have the dark top and square legs. 

20 minutes ago, Katz said:

I have the same furniture! Only I have the dark top and square legs. 

I think these are from Ikea... And the back board i got from a guy who installed offices and had a few spares. 

This is where the kids do school (year 11) and Uni from each day when it's on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Have taken 2 big monitors from work and went and bought a hub so that I can easily connect laptop etc. And when I am done, the kids can connect and have dual screens. Sweet.

You know they'll want 3 screens. 

My eldest has 3 monitors for his gaming - 26" curved screen in the middle and 23" (or 24") monitors either side. 

Its a cool setup but I got motion sick after watching it for 10 minutes

• Like 1

A quick survey in the office revealed the WFH staff are welcome to stay there. Things have never run more smoothly.😆

• Like 1

- I'm earlier for work

- I have been wearing PJs on the bottom half and its so comfy!

- Hardly anyone is wearing work wear, even the CEO is down to polo shirts

- The cat is loving the lap during teams calls

- The team finds it amusing when I get repeatedly meowed at in the late afternoon for food

- My fiance can’t believe how much I get paid for what I do

- Trumps briefings are more entertaining than Tiger King

- Saving money not getting on trains, or buying lunch or snacks...

- Missing those overheard conversations, which means I can stop problems before they start 

- It's been easier to have confidential meetings (and we are in the middle of org transition) as you don't have to battle to find a meeting room!

- I'm going through more coffee at home, as my office has a machine

- Bosses have realised that we are all still effective, and we are likely to move to 2 or 3 days a week from home depending on how much contact our role needs after we go back (August likely)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is a deadset Corona miracle!

My brother ("damn cyclists on the road in Canberra shit me") has gone and bought a frikin roadbike!  With clips in pedals no less!

He and his daughter have been riding around the lake lately, as her college is in lockdown & he decided it was time to upgrade his 20yo clunker mtb - cos she was whooping his arse I'd say.

Christ I hope he starts riding on the road, it will be epic to hear his stories about damn car drivers 🤣

TitusBike.thumb.jpg.40de05626f83a18205fdb70c4d230ccf.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Zoom meeting that included the CEO, junior ministerial staff and some other members of the head shed and every time I unmuted my mike to make a comment or answer a question, there in the background are the dulcet tones of my dog snoring his head off while sleep in the sunshine coming through the window of my home office. Priceless looks on various people’s faces as to what and where the noise was coming from. 

• Haha 3

@Greyman yesterday afternoon...Teams meeting with the boss and a bunch of others. Boss has a new puppy.

In the background of his place all you can hear is "No", he tells us all he has a new puppy and that is the wife trying to train it....

One of the others pipes back "I thought she was saying that to you" cue 🤣 from everyone including boss.