22 hours ago, Jim Shortz said:

Says who 

Barry is correct

We're making transitions great again

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Barry is correct

We're making transitions great again

WHO indeed, if this is a last drinks I might got to my liqour store and get on it

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

WHO indeed, if this is a last drinks I might got to my liqour store and get on it

Your drinking must be the problem referred to above, Do we need to do an intervention Barry?

5 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

Your drinking must be the problem referred to above, Do we need to do an intervention Barry?

I've been dry this whole time, but I'm going stir crazy in my 5th week of lockdown.

4 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

My better 3/4 and I have been hoarding wine for ages

This last drinks thing is taking about as long as my grass is to grow back.  Was a sandpit when I moved in a month ago.  I enjoy watching my grass grow

63A7E57B-6BFB-48F3-82FA-C8EE13E007DC.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KieranR said:

This last drinks thing is taking about as long as my grass is to grow back.  Was a sandpit when I moved in a month ago.  I enjoy watching my grass grow

63A7E57B-6BFB-48F3-82FA-C8EE13E007DC.jpeg

Looks like my place after these dam lawn grubs this summer.

baileys 3.1.1 lads! Your lawn will be like a billiard table in days!

27 minutes ago, zed said:

is that: baileys 3 - coffee 1 - cream 1 ? taken daily who gives a hoot what the lawn looks like....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cat Lady said:

is that: baileys 3 - coffee 1 - cream 1 ? taken daily who gives a hoot what the lawn looks like....

haha - it would not help with your lawn, but it would make gardening more fun!

10 minutes ago, zed said:

haha - it would not help with your lawn, but it would make gardening more fun!

Bullshit, you can not make gardening fun in any way!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Hey -H-, should I post my gardening pic? Lol

We have seen it.  The biggest surprise was you pushing the lawn mower and not your wife

6 hours ago, zed said:

Righto- today’s Monday, wife is going to get some because believe it or not karratha actually has two stockists of it, if I don’t have a billiard table back yard by Sunday I’m chasing you for a refund......

Or beers at the new brewery in busso if it’s open this year

Edited by KieranR
  • Like 1

So, is Transitions a going concern now ? Has there been a handover or does this site drown in the mire this week ?

FM

I think Goughy bought it with the money he made off Scrooge McDuck up on the range. :D

The Chinese own it now. It was all part of the Covid plan. 

I almost wish it had shut down. There are a small number of people who really bring this place down. They often say what a crap Forum this is, and yet they never leave.

1 hour ago, Tyno said:

I think Goughy bought it with the money he made off Scrooge McDuck up on the range. :D

Had my time owning a forum.  Never again.  And at 10k, ol' Scrooge ain't paying me enough!

3 minutes ago, goughy said:

Had my time owning a forum.  Never again.  And at 10k, ol' Scrooge ain't paying me enough!

Didn't think so

I'm still a member 😋

Always said I luv'd ya bro!

I came back out of concern for my friends in the CV crisis but none of the issues that I had with the forum, or its owner have been addressed.

Timely reminder, thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Customer said:

The Chinese own it now. It was all part of the Covid plan. 

Close, but down the Peninsula a little bit.  The new leader announcement will be along shortly

qIr5Kddl.jpg

It was brought by Triathlon Australia to better engage with its members.😄

They have just sold the Manaro as it is now a collectors item (see it was a good purchase) to fun the purchase

• Haha 2

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 3:11 PM, KieranR said:

Righto- today’s Monday, wife is going to get some because believe it or not karratha actually has two stockists of it, if I don’t have a billiard table back yard by Sunday I’m chasing you for a refund......

I had to read this thread again and get context........ the first thing i saw was the bit in bold above.

• Haha 2

On 28/04/2020 at 9:55 AM, IronmanFoz said:

I had to read this thread again and get context........ the first thing i saw was the bit in bold above.

Funny you say that, we’ve been discussing having another child but I’m refusing to get the vasectomy reversed and she’s refusing to fall pregnant.  

• Confused 2

Soooo do we have a new official owner?  Be nice to introduce yourself Admino.........

On 20/04/2020 at 3:11 PM, KieranR said:

Or beers at the new brewery in busso if it’s open this year

And ????

The baileys was put on hold only because work came round and quoted for a whole new turfing of the back yard using empires Zorzia grass, apparently it’s the good stuff for here.  But in the meantime the yard is recovering slowly from the mess it was when we moved in.  Even got a new vege garden going.  And today put some spinach and passion fruit in to hopefully see that take off.  

A79F6B57-36CA-4483-8804-01D0099EFEE6.jpeg

7E66B227-887D-4999-B17A-62789C01FC2C.jpeg

ACE6627B-3482-47C8-BF18-9F5AC7D0817D.jpeg

42455B8A-EE99-4649-929D-4258D78E72CF.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KieranR said:

Soooo do we have a new official owner?  Be nice to introduce yourself Admino.........

The site is still up & ppl can still post.

I wouldn’t be sinking the boot into the person who’s paying the bills.... (not aimed at you Kieran. Just saying) 

9 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I wouldn’t be sinking the boot into the person who’s paying the bills.... (not aimed at you Kieran. Just saying) 

No one is sinking boots 

people who are interested are asking questions

honesty and openness are good things. 
continued obfuscation leads to questions and rumours. 
So, is it you or peter or both of you? 

• Like 2

The very firm ultimate deadline for a sale with no way out is nearly two weeks past and as Bored points out the site is still here.  I hope we have all learnt a valuable lesson from this experience.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stikman said:

I hope we have all learnt a valuable lesson from this experience.

Stikman owns us?

11 minutes ago, Stikman said:

The very firm ultimate deadline for a sale with no way out is nearly two weeks past and as Bored points out the site is still here.  I hope we have all learnt a valuable lesson from this experience.

There’s an awful lot of good stuff been posted on here over a very long time by a lot of people. Appreciate it somehow got caught up in someone’s personal issues but its definitely not unreasonable to ask who owns the site now and where to from here?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, truck said:

There’s an awful lot of good stuff been posted on here over a very long time by a lot of people. Appreciate it somehow got caught up in someone’s personal issues but its definitely not unreasonable to ask who owns the site now and where to from here?

What difference does it make? 

What if I have purchased the site, will u stop posting? 

51 minutes ago, Tyno said:

No one is sinking boots 

people who are interested are asking questions

honesty and openness are good things. 
continued obfuscation leads to questions and rumours. 
So, is it you or peter or both of you? 

People have in the past. 

As above, what impact will it have on you not knowing who the owner is?

5 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Some of us would like to see some people come back, who only will when there is a change of ownership.

Alternatively, what impact will open transparency on who the owner is have?  If he hasn't sold, perhaps it's time for a new ownership model where a regular group of us all chip in a bit to buy the site as a co-op, and commit to a monthly amount to keep the site going.  As it stands at the moment any talk of ownership just gets deleted - be open and let's see if we can find a solution from within the community that helps Willie out and all of us at the same time.

Nothing against the current owner (or previous depending on what has happened), life got shit for him and as I said in a deleted thread, we all have to thank him for keeping things going when he could have just said stuff it and stopped paying the bills and concentrated on more important things.

If Willie is open to it, give us one thread where we can all talk openly to find a solution that benefits everyone.  Something along the lines of who can chip in say $200 each towards the sale and say $50 a year ongoing to keep the site going, and they get a vote on the direction of the forum.

11 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

Some of us would like to see some people come back, who only will when there is a change of ownership.

Alternatively, what impact will open transparency on who the owner is have?  If he hasn't sold, perhaps it's time for a new ownership model where a regular group of us all chip in a bit to buy the site as a co-op, and commit to a monthly amount to keep the site going.  As it stands at the moment any talk of ownership just gets deleted - be open and let's see if we can find a solution from within the community that helps Willie out and all of us at the same time.

Nothing against the current owner (or previous depending on what has happened), life got shit for him and as I said in a deleted thread, we all have to thank him for keeping things going when he could have just said stuff it and stopped paying the bills and concentrated on more important things.

If Willie is open to it, give us one thread where we can all talk openly to find a solution that benefits everyone.  Something along the lines of who can chip in say $200 each towards the sale and say $50 a year ongoing to keep the site going, and they get a vote on the direction of the forum.

I just checked, I have only hidden posts that have had or been associated with having a dig at Willie after he explained his situation. I have also had private conversations with affected parties posters via Facebook etc

All other post re ownership have been left. I also know several people who left the forum are now posting under new usernames.

If people won’t post because of ownership that’s up to them. They can feel free to message me directly if further clarification is required.

I have always kept my role as a moderator & forum member separate. I have moderated my own posts.... I have also moderated Peters posts. 

As a moderator I play it as fair as I can. It’s interesting the same ppl seem to be getting reported & reporting others all the time. 

19 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

That’s not a bad idea. Peter & I have discussed paying the running costs between us in the past. It’s the initial buy is the stumbling block. 

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Nothing except a lack of trust and the impression there is something to hide.

Something big by the amount of effort being put into obfuscation.

• Like 1

For the record I’m not defending anyone. I’m simply trying to keep the forum up and running. At this stage I believe Willie is still the site owner & paying the bills. 

If ppl don’t like that, it’s up to them. If he decides to sell it and people don’t like the new owner. It’s bad luck.

If the new owner wants to remain anonymous. Then once again that’s bad luck. 

We still have a place to post, and that makes me happy.  Don't need to know more than that.

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

All good, happy the place is still turned on, but like anything I am a part of I’m always keen to know “whose the boss / owner etc”. It makes zero difference to my life and doesn’t affect my participation.  It’s just nice to know.  I haven’t been round long enough to know the issues people have / had etc so don’t care less about that stuff