Jump to content
Bored@work

Wahoo Kicker - maint

Recommended Posts

Just cranked over 10,000km on the kicker. What maint should I be doing? 
besides a spin down I haven’t touched it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mines a Gen 2 I think, and has started making a horrible sound when it freewheels (mainly when i've finished a workout) so not sure what the go is as it definitely hasn't done massive B@W type mileage... (probably much higher watts though..) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pieman said:

Mines a Gen 2 I think, and has started making a horrible sound when it freewheels (mainly when i've finished a workout) so not sure what the go is as it definitely hasn't done massive B@W type mileage... (probably much higher watts though..) 

A guy at work pretty much has his Gen 2 either in his pain cave or being exchanged/fixed by Wahoo. Their service has been good but it's a continual problem with the bearing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just replaced the spacer in the freewheel hub - perfect video on YouTube from gplama stepped me through it.

i got mine in 2016 I think.

Edited by wombattri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wombattri said:

I just replaced the spacer in the freewheel hub - perfect video on YouTube from gplama stepped me through it.

i got mine in 2016 I think.

Link? I’m lazy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine was making a funky noise. 

On Saturday I pulled apart the freehub  and the flywheel. 

Cleaned and greased where necessary and put it all back together and had managed to fix the problem. 

 

Wish I'd seen a video though- might have made it less scary diving in. But where wohld be the fun in that! 

Mines 2 yrs old but not massive kms. Maybe 4000. 

Edited by Turts
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Just cranked over 10,000km on the kicker. What maint should I be doing? 
besides a spin down I haven’t touched it 

I'm at nearly 70,000/km, haven't touched mine yet either....probably should look into it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...