Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
k3vski

No Kona Legacy for 2021

Recommended Posts

So I received this email this morning. 

"Thank you for your continued support and loyalty to IRONMAN.  We wanted to follow-up regarding your decision to opt out of participating in the 2020 Vega IRONMAN World Championship. 

Due to the unfolding COVID-19 pandemic, many of our 2020 qualifying races will be pushed to our 2021 qualifying season. In order to accommodate this change in our qualifying series, we will not offer Legacy slots to the 2021 IRONMAN World Championship.

Given this, we would like to allow you to reconsider whether to participate in the 2020 Vega IRONMAN World Championship.  If you choose to decline the opportunity to participate in 2020, your new position on the waitlist will not be before the 2022 IRONMAN World Championship."

Whilst I'm disappointed to have to wait (at least) another year to 2022. I think it is the right choice to decline 2020. It is still uncertain if Kona would even go ahead this year and even if it does, we may still have a travel ban then. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, k3vski said:

So I received this email this morning. 

"Thank you for your continued support and loyalty to IRONMAN.  We wanted to follow-up regarding your decision to opt out of participating in the 2020 Vega IRONMAN World Championship. 

Due to the unfolding COVID-19 pandemic, many of our 2020 qualifying races will be pushed to our 2021 qualifying season. In order to accommodate this change in our qualifying series, we will not offer Legacy slots to the 2021 IRONMAN World Championship.

Given this, we would like to allow you to reconsider whether to participate in the 2020 Vega IRONMAN World Championship.  If you choose to decline the opportunity to participate in 2020, your new position on the waitlist will not be before the 2022 IRONMAN World Championship."

Whilst I'm disappointed to have to wait (at least) another year to 2022. I think it is the right choice to decline 2020. It is still uncertain if Kona would even go ahead this year and even if it does, we may still have a travel ban then. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Whats their email address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Whats their email address.

It came from Christine.Blosser@ironman.com 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d absolutely wait until 2022. 
 

imagine training all winter and possibly not able to access pools, and then trump go, nope. Not letting others in until November.   
 

the 2022 is 100% the right decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...