Peter

Is it April first? Busselton swim

How does this win best swim in the world when it only happens every few attempts?

0DC5FFC3-3D00-4849-8F58-2AF28004E653.jpeg

It’s only for the 70.3. 

Now I know I’ll get slammed for bagging Busso but Hawaii half & Cozumel half have a lot nicer swims.

I guess it comes down to the number of people who vote.  I also wonder if Ironman make sure their races who struggle for numbers or have had some bad press in previous years get “voted” best experience. 

45 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

It’s only for the 70.3. 

Does that mean the IM swim is twice as good?

I think that the old IM swim course around the jetty would be one of the best swims in the world. The new swim, parallel to the shore is not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honu 70.3 swim is pretty amazing. 
busso is good.  But not number 1 

9 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

I think that the old IM swim course around the jetty would be one of the best swims in the world. The new swim, parallel to the shore is not.

Agree. The jetty swim and the pie shop were the two things I liked about the race.

Pie shop?

The new swim for the half is crap IMHO. I don't like the aussie exit, or whatever it is they call that w shape with the run around the buoy on the beach in the middle. Someone on the TWA board should do something about it.

The swim for the full is now nowhere near what it once was. :crybaby:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bored@work said:

It’s only for the 70.3. 

Now I know I’ll get slammed for bagging Busso but Hawaii half & Cozumel half have a lot nicer swims.

I guess it comes down to the number of people who vote.  I also wonder if Ironman make sure their races who struggle for numbers or have had some bad press in previous years get “voted” best experience. 

Well actually I agree. Especially considering:

2017 May swim cancellation (part way through)
2017 Dec swim cancellation
2018 May swim cancellation
2019 May - shit conditions and swim was close to being cancelled

44 minutes ago, Katz said:

Pie shop?

The new swim for the half is crap IMHO. I don't like the aussie exit, or whatever it is they call that w shape with the run around the buoy on the beach in the middle. Someone on the TWA board should do something about it.

I've never swam an M shaped course. It certainly makes things a bit more challenging, but was a complete f**k up in May in those conditions. They needed much more marker buoys, half of them dragged their anchors and drifted and in those conditions sighting was a nightmare. They should have gone back to a rectangular course when it was apparent the conditions weren't great.

2 hours ago, Katz said:

Pie shop?

There was a place called Jesters Pies just off the main street. I was going to go back to Busso this year to support a mate but my wife booked me on a Cruise with the in-laws. I'm not sure which one is worse.

• Haha 1

Never had a Jesters pie. Don' much like the look of them to be honest.

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

my wife booked me on a Cruise with the in-laws.

Was that the standard cruise, or the one with the added 2 week holiday. Imagine being confined to your cabin with the in-laws. :)

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Was that the standard cruise, or the one with the added 2 week holiday. Imagine being confined to your cabin with the in-laws. :)

I’d rather die 

• Haha 1