KieranR

Lacking Motivation

8 hours ago, Blacky said:

I find people that are maintaining the same training load at a time like this just weird. How could you possibly be motivated ?! There is not any event on the calendar for at least 6 months, unless you are going to the olympics of course because Japan says business as usual. 

It's so that we can get through all the pasta, tomato tins, chocolate and biscuits that we've hoarded without putting on too much weight.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blacky said:

There is not any event on the calendar for at least 6 months, unless you are going to the olympics of course because Japan says business as usual. 

As they say, everyone can be an Olympic hopeful. 
If enough actual athletes stay away.......

For the past 8 days I have been sitting around watching average TV, taking in everything from the corona virus, babysitting, sleeping  and eating/drinking lots. I have been feeling sorry for myself and uninterested in everything. Why ?? F... knows ??? 

I have a steady income, I don't have to worry about losing my job (I'm retired😁 )I am reasonably well, I can run/ride if I want to, I can play golf or even go fishing, I don't have a mortgage anymore, I have enough food and life's requirements. The only thing I cannot do is swim ,do strenuous gym (still have the 8 stitches in my nose) and travel. I do not know why I feel so pathetic. So time to pull my finger out. 

Sunday it is. Positive drive and actions.

FM  

• Like 1

I've decided I'm going to come out the other side of this better than I started. Even though I've done bugger all exercise, I've lost about 3kg. I think it's the reduction in grog (I decided from the start of this that was one thing I'd do), and less junk. I've just been for a 3km walk with my wife & the dog along a lovely bush creek path at the foot of Mt Glorious, and about to do a short exercise routine for my back & shoulder that I should have been doing for the past year (but always seem to have something else to do).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flanman said:

I do not know why I feel so pathetic. So time to pull my finger out. 

Be kind to yourself Flannie.

These are not usual times, so you can't just expect the usual behaviours and reactions to happen.

Good luck tomorrow though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/03/2020 at 5:58 PM, Flanman said:

For the past 8 days I have been sitting around watching average TV, taking in everything from the corona virus, babysitting, sleeping  and eating/drinking lots. I have been feeling sorry for myself and uninterested in everything. Why ?? F... knows ??? 

I have a steady income, I don't have to worry about losing my job (I'm retired😁 )I am reasonably well, I can run/ride if I want to, I can play golf or even go fishing, I don't have a mortgage anymore, I have enough food and life's requirements. The only thing I cannot do is swim ,do strenuous gym (still have the 8 stitches in my nose) and travel. I do not know why I feel so pathetic. So time to pull my finger out. 

Sunday it is. Positive drive and actions.

FM  

How was yesterday, didya have a good day?

43 minutes ago, Surfer said:

How was yesterday, didya have a good day?

Great day - thanks. No training but....

Mowed lawns, some shopping, hit two large buckets of balls at the driving range and worked out why I was pulling my 5 - 8 irons, vacuumed/washed every room in the house, BBQ dinner, listened to some music for a few hours and chatted with the family, set up the indoor trainer for later in the week.

Life's good.

FM

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Flanman said:

Great day - thanks. No training but....

Mowed lawns, some shopping, hit two large buckets of balls at the driving range and worked out why I was pulling my 5 - 8 irons, vacuumed/washed every room in the house, BBQ dinner, listened to some music for a few hours and chatted with the family, set up the indoor trainer for later in the week.

Life's good.

Sounds like you had a perfect day. Well done dude ☺ 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

Sounds like you had a perfect day

Easy there Surfer.

No perfect day ever included vacuuming! :D

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Tyno said:

Easy there Surfer.

No perfect day ever included vacuuming! :D

Except if you’re my wife- honestly she loves that thing! Every bloody day