Sign in to follow this  
Alex Simmons

ATTA Calga is no more

Posted by Brad Craft overnight:

After a long discussion with the police today it has unfortunately become clear that I am not going to get the approval to run any ATTA events at Calga. The requirements set down by the police and the council will mean that I will need to increase from 1 traffic controller to 5 controllers from an accredited company and that I will also need to obtain road occupancy certificates for each event. These requirements are financially unviable so unless I can come up with some alternative we are not going to run in 2020. I have reset the March event to draft in order to hide it from your calendar. I have contacted Buncheur to organise a refund for those who have already entered.

I sincerely apologise to all of the riders who have enjoyed ATTA for such a long time.

At the moment I am pretty gutted

• Sad 3

That's a damn shame.  I only got to do a couple of them, and wanted to do more

Classic case of not appreciating what you have until it's gone...

Only thinking about this event the other day. Not living in Sydney anymore so can't get to it, but loved this TT. Such a great course and well run. I guess this is where this type of sporting event is going end up. Too much red tape, so everyone will stay inside on their ipads.