Jim Shortz

BCAA experiences

1 hour ago, SomeTri said:

Possibly a dumb question...  If you take whey protein shakes, does this deliver the same thing?

What's the difference between BCAAs and protein? A - Protein powders should be a complete protein, while BCAAs are 3 specific isolated amino acids: leucine, valine and isoleucine. BCAAs are more effective than protein when taken before exercise, and are 'lighter' on the stomach.

I know BCAAs are protein are different, but I'm asking if you get "enough" BCAAs in whey protein shakes - as an added benefit type thing ???

34 minutes ago, SomeTri said:

I know BCAAs are protein are different, but I'm asking if you get "enough" BCAAs in whey protein shakes - as an added benefit type thing ???

Well I don't drink protein shakes. I have never seen the need. Closest I have gotten to taking protein supplements was half a scoop in my oats during the charity shamozzel. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure BCAAs are complete waste of time, especially for endurance. 

Just make sure you have enough protein in your diet or drink some protein shake (there's enough BCAAs)

90% of BCAA's are synthetically made these days, the rest comes from corn. Just saying..