Sign in to follow this  
Flanman

Death of a Bike

Well, after 11 years of faithful service, the FELT is about to go to its final resting place. A few more things to take off but that’s all. Cassette, chain, cables, handlebars and hoods are now on my son’s bike.

It has seen about 50 tris, multiple Sydney Gong rides, two Tour De Cure rides, thousands of training kms, a smashed collarbone and six broken ribs. It now has stress points and the Bike Doctor said “sorry FM, it’s time to go....”

Ah, the memories. 

What do you do with your old bikes ? Scrap heap ? Burial ? Cremation? 

FM

0EAAE8D7-29BF-4ADE-968F-98947DE87026.jpeg

Edited by Flanman
  • Sad 1

Write a race report like I did about "wheels off a new bike", go a viking burial at sea 👻

Edited by Chuckie M
  • Haha 1

I will get you started with your race report...

it was “Death of a bike”, that finally bought my motivation back and passion and drive for the sport. I had started the sport some 33 years ago as a spritely 16 year old and had a endurance race resume that would make Mark Allen blush.  I had been lacking motivation for the last 18 months, struggling to get out on the road and get the job done. As I am over 40 and my back is not what it used to be. I tend to do all of my training on my road bike. I had ......

• Thanks 1

Or we could continue it ourselves as a progressive story:

10 hours ago, Chuckie M said:

It was “Death of a bike”, that finally bought my motivation back and passion and drive for the sport. I had started the sport some 33 years ago as a spritely 16 year old and had a endurance race resume that would make Mark Allen blush.  I had been lacking motivation for the last 18 months, struggling to get out on the road and get the job done. As I am over 40 and my back is not what it used to be. I tend to do all of my training on my road bike. I had ......

......... been enjoying my golf a lot more than my triathlon training in recent years, so had started to look like a taller version of John Daley, just without the fag in my mouth. The effort of getting up for an early ride just didn't get me excited anymore.

Who's next? :)

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

It was “Death of a bike”, that finally bought my motivation back and passion and drive for the sport. I had started the sport some 33 years ago as a spritely 16 year old and had a endurance race resume that would make Mark Allen blush.  I had been lacking motivation for the last 18 months, struggling to get out on the road and get the job done. As I am over 40 and my back is not what it used to be. I tend to do all of my training on my road bike. I had ......

......... been enjoying my golf a lot more than my triathlon training in recent years, so had started to look like a taller version of John Daley, just without the fag in my mouth. The effort of getting up for an early ride just didn't get me excited anymore.

.....  The downfall all came about following the removal of the next door neighbours chickens.  With them no longer being my alarm clock, and having to consume all those chicken nuggets following the late night hen hunt placed me in the current predicament.

Nice keep it going. I am on nightshift tonight. I could easily continue. Looking forward to the Customers input?.😉