pieman

Fans for indoor training

What fans are people using for their indoor training? I am really struggling with the heat/humidity in Brisbane at the moment and not sure if the current set up is just not cutting it. or maybe  given the recent temperatures, no fan will do anything and I'd need to get aircon which is not a preferred option.  Also, as my paincave aka 'corner of the kids rumpus' evolves, I am hoping that I can reduce the size/footprint of the fans while having better or similar airflow..

Currently use one of these in front of me next to tv screen, probably 1.2m away from me. this thing sounds like a 747 and pushes a lot of air but isnt a very focused breeze so a lot of it goes around me I think.

I also have a smaller box fan that i have beside me probably about 1 metre away that seems to shoot a more focused wind but not as much of it. 

I know the experts recommend the sunair fans which look small but seem to shoot air to a more focused area but unfortunately they seem harder to find than a real unicorn..

Maybe I just need to suck it up and get through the 'heatwave' (but what if it is global warming) or just get outside and do my hill repeats in real life?

I use a similar fan, but I have it real close and pointing down at my face and down my back, made possible by the wireframe(ish) bookshelf. Here is an artists impression ;) The red is the fan.

image.png.88864564eb064a1c5426e57b6813c521.png

I have 4 fans that get turns on as I need.  

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

I have 4 fans that get turns on as I need.  

When did you move to Karratha?

• Haha 2

Could easily train for Kona in my air conditioned workplace today. After several days in a row of stupid heat I think the air con has finally given up. I'm sweating at my desk.

Training at home, the air cons go on in the lounge and the bedroom to cool the place generally and I put the ceiling fan on in the study at flat out.  I wouldn't call it cool, but it's coolish.

Stikman has either the front door open if it's morning and still cool and the fan on flat out. Or if it's later in the day and/or hot, the air con and the fan on flat out.

2 hours ago, more said:

When did you move to Karratha?

4 fans don’t cut it in Karratha mate, we go with house ducted air con, then split aircon infront then ceiling fan flat out and occasionally a child waving a magazine from the side

• Haha 6

16 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

If you're training for Kona, you'll need something like this.

image.png.c430d704248c561e7ced0f90f0835e35.png

I dont want it enough

• Haha 3

Recent weather turnaround indicates I might need the heating option linked by ex HB above..  brrrrrrr