Peter

Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

Or maybe they mean what they keep saying, "We expected to see breakouts like this not only in Victoria but all over Australia" and they will just roll with it

What do you mean by "roll with it"?

Yes, that has long been said, but surely there was never an expectation that when outbreaks did occur, governments were just going to sit back, ignore it, and allow people and the virus to do what they will.

Tough picking which way Anastacia will go today. Polling shows keeping the borders shut wouldn't be an unpopular decision, and with an election coming up, popularity is important, but with what NSW has been showing in the past week or 2 with barely any non-quarantined cases, it may well mean the borders open to all but Victorians. Opening on July 10 works well in that NSW can come up for part of the school holidays, and the Vic's are finished theirs then anyway.

2 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Opening on July 10 works well in that NSW can come up for part of the school holidays, and the Vic's are finished theirs then anyway.

Wife still has a flight booked for the 11th. She has her fingers crossed. 

8 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Tough picking which way Anastacia will go today. Polling shows keeping the borders shut wouldn't be an unpopular decision, and with an election coming up, popularity is important, but with what NSW has been showing in the past week or 2 with barely any non-quarantined cases, it may well mean the borders open to all but Victorians. Opening on July 10 works well in that NSW can come up for part of the school holidays, and the Vic's are finished theirs then anyway.

Problem is that you can't open the borders to people coming from NSW without opening the border to people coming from Victoria because theres nothing stopping the Victorians from crossing the border to NSW.  

My guess is the opening will be delayed till the end of July at the earliest.  She'll cop plenty of flak from the tourist industry but it'll be popular with everyone else. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Katz said:

Much like the commentary on Trannies.

Except for Chris. He just wants his coffee and doesn't care how many need to die to get it.

I think the problem is that we have now proved that staying very still and very quiet will not make this go away and suddenly the world will return the normal.  Australia has spent a fortune propping up its economy in the hope of a magical cure - this is unsustainable.  There are a number of people I know who will unemployed once jobkeeper finishes so that 8% unemployment rate currently showing will move higher. As less people work, less tax is paid and therefore less available for helping out the people who genuinely need it.

We don't need to go from where we are to a free-for-all with no social distancing/lack of hygiene - just somewhere in between. 

Just now, truck said:

We don't need to go from where we are to a free-for-all with no social distancing/lack of hygiene - just somewhere in between. 

Traditionally that just doesn't happen.  Even a slight release the restrictions and everyone will go nuckin futs.      

We'll need a couple of swings of the pendulum to get the balance right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

A couple that have been living in the same caravan park as us here in NE Vic have filled in their application and printed off their window notification and are leaving for Qld tomorrow morning.

Good luck, as I think they will be sitting it out in Northern NSW somewhere.

1 hour ago, Ayto said:

A couple that have been living in the same caravan park as us here in NE Vic have filled in their application and printed off their window notification and are leaving for Qld tomorrow morning.

They'll be able to come into Qld after the 15th if they leave Victoria tomorrow.

Tue 30 June

64 new cases incl: -

6 new cases related to Stamford Plaza outbreak (total now 29).

2 staff linked to Albanvale P.S (total 7)

1 new case linked to Coles Laverton facility. (total now 5)

2 staff at StarTrack facility in Tullamarine

2 linked to Hugo Boss Collins St.

2nd healthcare worker at Orygen Youth Health Footscray.

2 further staff at Al-Taqwa College in Truganina.

2 staff at Camberwell Grammar.

1 at St Bernard's College (reported yest)

2 teachers from Moreland P.S in Coburg. 

Its interesting the Teachers at schools are getting it but not the kids. 

Edited by Peter

18 minutes ago, Peter said:

Tue 30 June

Its interesting the Teachers at schools are getting it but not the kids. 

Are the teachers the only ones getting sick enough from it to bother being tested? Possibly the kids are getting it but not being found. Maybe they need to go in and random test 50% of the students at one of the schools where a couple of teachers have tested positive?

Edit: And these tests would have been done on the weekend. All the kids are currently on holidays & they've gone to NSW to spread their germs. ;)

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

They'll be able to come into Qld after the 15th if they leave Victoria tomorrow.

No they can’t.  Border shut to Victoria indefinitely. Big fines if they try to come via NSW.  

Edited by Prince

52 minutes ago, Prince said:

No they can’t.  Border shut to Victoria indefinitely. Big fines if they try to come via NSW.  

This is what the Premier said today.

.from July 10, people will be allowed to into Queensland after filling in a border declaration.
This border declaration is to ensure that no-one has travelled to Victoria in the past 14 days. 

My interpretation would be that as long as you haven't been in Victoria for 14 days, you are fine to enter.

Edit: And just read this.

From noon on July 10, next Friday, anybody from any non-Victorian jurisdiction in Australia can travel into Queensland.
But they will be required to fill out the declaration of not having been in Victoria for the past 14 days.

That seems to point to Victorians not being allowed in even if they take 2 weeks to get through NSW.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

This is what the Premier said today.

My interpretation would be that as long as you haven't been in Victoria for 14 days, you are fine to enter.

Yes.  I think you are correct.  
Also it appears from 3rd July events are allowed with 500 to 10,000 with a COVID safety plan. So that would assume both 70.3’s are a go. 
Better train with some purpose now I guess. 

30 minutes ago, gregb said:

With a side of eye of newt?

Unfortunately, we have no newts in Australia.

The most readily available exotic amphibian accompaniment is a lightly sauted eye of cane toad.

• Haha 1

I like Ross Noble's explanation of things.....

It's the "Spice Girls Paradigm"; everyone's going along all happy and well then Victoria F's it for everybody

• Haha 4

I newt you'd turn this into a joke!

20 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

1 sleep to go!!! and you lot are talking about eating cane toads

I hear they are talking about moving the quarantine stay to Tennant Creek due to the issues they've had in Melbourne.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Thanks-a-lotl guys. I needed the laugh.

This is supposed to be a serious thread, these jokes are toad-ally inappropriate. 

25 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

1 sleep to go!!! and you lot are talking about eating cane toads

Good luck, hope it all goes well. 

If you are stuck in Sydney and need anything let me know, Ill see if i can help. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roxii said:

Good luck, hope it all goes well. 

If you are stuck in Sydney and need anything let me know, Ill see if i can help. 

Grog but it is forbidden

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

Grog but it is forbidden

WHAT?!?!?  They stick you in quarantine for 2 weeks and don't allow you to drink?!?!?

• Sad 1

No wonder people have been struggling with the quarantine so much!

6 minutes ago, Limited said:

I'm sure I saw on the news someone getting a carton delivered when in quarantine. 

Probably by one of the employees they are complaining about now for not following protocols, and taking the virus home to his suburb. :)

Bloody hell, that's pretty shit. 

Maybe this is where the app would come into better use. 

Read the patients app, if they have been in contact with too many people then let them fend for themselves for disobeying social distancing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

Grog but it is forbidden

Huh?

30% of returning nationals can reject getting covid testing but they can enforce no alcohol?

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Bloody hell, that's pretty shit. 

Maybe this is where the app would come into better use. 

Read the patients app, if they have been in contact with too many people then let them fend for themselves for disobeying social distancing. 

Yeah nah. 

imagine living in a high rise with 8000 other people with you app on compared to miss 24 that lives on a farm but got it picking up the mail once a week. 

23 hours ago, goughy said:

I like Ross Noble's explanation of things.....

It's the "Spice Girls Paradigm"; everyone's going along all happy and well then Victoria F's it for everybody

Beat ya!

Gee Victoria are really putting the cluster into clusterfu*k. 

The stories about how it got out from the "quarantined"  travellers is a bit alarming. 

NSW had armed forces officers "guarding" the quarantined travelers, seems like Melb had some hotel bouncers on jobkeeper doing the work. 

Highest ever caseload around the world today (195K+) and the US tops 50k for the first time. 

All this, and the Nasdaq just hit an all time high last night. Wall St doesn't seem to be connected to the real world.

Cant believe the numbers in the US are so high when the Don is throwing all his scientific knowledge at it. 

"I think we're [going to] be very good with the coronavirus," he said.

"I think that at some point that's going to sort of just disappear, I hope."

From https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-02/donald-trump-says-he-hopes-coronavirus-will-disappear/12414514?fbclid=IwAR1Tnx2AeHy5gprDunnw0sX8zUyKWxkJHnIigdM12cYKbrO6pvU2mQf_yVM

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Highest ever caseload around the world today (195K+) and the US tops 50k for the first time. 

All this, and the Nasdaq just hit an all time high last night. Wall St doesn't seem to be connected to the real world.

They are lunatics, fueled by the feds endless promises to bail everyone out and print more money. 

3 hours ago, roxii said:

The stories about how it got out from the "quarantined"  travellers is a bit alarming. 

NSW had armed forces officers "guarding" the quarantined travelers, seems like Melb had some hotel bouncers on jobkeeper doing the work. 

Finally journalists are doing their job. 

3 hours ago, roxii said:

If some of the stories coming out are true, there should be charges laid. Guards sleeping with the people in quarantine, reduced numbers on shifts and claiming people on roster who didn't exist. Some-one has to burn.