Sign in to follow this  
Vassilis

Trisuit

Hello all

Can anyone explain to me, please, why it is so difficult to find a trisuit that fits (i.e., is the correct size)? Even in the official websites of companies they rarely have all the sizes (e.g., 2XU, ORCA etc). I am looking for a trisuit for 3 months now and I cannot find anything because it is either not my size (most common), is ugly or too expensive (more than AUD$200). Do you have any tips or websites where I can find a trisuit?

Thanks

I hear ya! 

Exactly the same issue with Cycle kit.  Can. Not. Find. a website that has my size in anything decent.  

Vassilis, I don't know what shape you are. Swimmer body shape with broad shoulders and narrow hips, then try cannibal clothing or Champion Systems. Clothing. This is my shape and I can get their Tri suits to fit me.

my skinny little runner friend uses Ventou clothing for tri suit and bike clothing. I cannot get any Ventou Tri or bike tops to fit me. 

These are only my recommendations from personal experiences. 

Trisuits seem to fit fat people really well, so I've never had an issue.

Agree with Naut, two piece rock. If I was to do another Ironman Id have a 2piece

19 hours ago, Greyman said:

Vassilis, I don't know what shape you are. Swimmer body shape with broad shoulders and narrow hips, then try cannibal clothing or Champion Systems. Clothing. This is my shape and I can get their Tri suits to fit me.

my skinny little runner friend uses Ventou clothing for tri suit and bike clothing. I cannot get any Ventou Tri or bike tops to fit me. 

These are only my recommendations from personal experiences. 

I am 186 cm tall, slim with similar structure as you describe for yourself. Which size have you got from Cannibal and Champion systems?

I am 190cm (6'3") and very skinny. Very difficult for me to find a one piece that fits, especially because I want it tight fitting (ie. aero) for the bike, but not restrictive on the run.

Have a 2XU trisuit from 2008 ITU worlds that fits pretty well (but is sleeveless) and a sleeved Scody one that is good on the bike, but feels tight on the run.  I generally opt for 2 piece and have a section of belly showing between the top and bottom.

I would be great if they had sizing like wetsuits, then I could order a Medium Tall.

3 hours ago, Vassilis said:

I am 186 cm tall, slim with similar structure as you describe for yourself. Which size have you got from Cannibal and Champion systems?

I am 180cm tall and probably not as slim as you ( ex rugby player build in shoulders and chest) I use an XL size from Champion systems. With your height and build I'd suggest you go to a shop to try on a Tri suit or maybe consider the two piece like Peter suggested.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2020 at 4:55 PM, Vassilis said:

Hello all

Can anyone explain to me, please, why it is so difficult to find a trisuit that fits (i.e., is the correct size)? Even in the official websites of companies they rarely have all the sizes (e.g., 2XU, ORCA etc). I am looking for a trisuit for 3 months now and I cannot find anything because it is either not my size (most common), is ugly or too expensive (more than AUD$200). Do you have any tips or websites where I can find a trisuit?

Thanks

Companies seem to use anemic teenagers as their models when designing suits, they also have no thoughts for skin cancer protection - I want sleeveless suits (cooler/more motion for sprint/OD event) but without huge scalloped out shoulder cutouts more like a square cut (also keeps an adult "chest" more under control). 

• Like 1