Sign in to follow this  
rory-dognz

IMNZ 2020

Under 2 months to go, who is doing the race?

My training is going well, endurance is building nicely in the swim and on bike. My run will be what it will be.

So far this year all my swimming has been in the sea.

Slight changes to the bike course this year which I can't see making much difference.

• Like 2

Wouldn't mind doing it myself - last NZ was 2000. Just not sure I am close to being ready. Aiming  for Port at this time. 

I'm going back again. Number 22 in Taupo and this is my freebie for my 20th that I didn't get last year.

Interesting that they have changed the bike course after no changes for over 10 years. I notice they have taken out the loop along the private road on the second lap. Maybe they have had issues with the owners of that road. They have also taken out the climb up state highway 5 off the lake which was always a good crowd atmosphere section.

The new section out at the Reporoa end might take out some of that coarse trucking road surface as Vaile Rd looks like a quiet country road that wouldn't be used by the logging trucks. If anything I would say the bike course may be slightly easier.

Training going ok when its not smokey, pouring rain or pools closed due to smoke/mud storms.

Looking forward to swimming in Lake Taupo again. It's still the most enjoyable swim in an Ironman in near Australia. 

• Like 8

8am Saturday mass start

1am Sunday cut off

could be the opportunity to officially do a Ironman over 2 days!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Official race guide out, so must be getting close

Also if travelling not on a NZ or AUS passport entry rules changed in October 19.

• Thanks 1

Found that out at the airport. Downloaded the app and paid $44. In Wanaka now – things are looking good for Challenge on Saturday.

19 minutes ago, steve said:

Found that out at the airport. Downloaded the app and paid $44. In Wanaka now – things are looking good for Challenge on Saturday.

Good luck, wish i was there

Thanks! Yeah, it's a brilliant way to spend a few days. Good luck at IMNZ, too. A buddy from California is doing it. I'd come up just to watch, but I'm doing the King Island run that weekend.