Sign in to follow this  
HOTW

HELL OF THE WEST - roll call

Only a few weeks to 29th edition of Hell of the West - Goondiwindi. There used to be a big group of tranies race out here, please come back. The Goondiwindi region like most of Oz are in crippling drought at moment! but the river is still looking great for the hotw swim and things are gearing up for another great event. So get a group of mates together and do a road trip out here and race a tough-fair- old school race in a community that loves their event and all you crazy triathletes. Then stay and join in the fun with all the organising crew from GOONDIWINDI tri club .  8-9th Feb www.hellofthewest.com 

C0824E6F-F86E-4FAC-B272-83B95521A335.jpeg

E1665037-8485-49BD-8B4F-4B7D2111A062.jpeg

Edited by HOTW
Gramma
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, AA7 said:

Gee there are some stroppy triathletes out there 🙄 "I'm not coming, I'm training for IRONMAN and a brick is no good to me,  I'm a serious insect" - funny if they are training for busso ;) 

I think I'll have to do this when I go back to racing triathlon, seems like a great race to support, though it is far far from Melbourne.

9 hours ago, dazaau said:

Gee there are some stroppy triathletes out there 🙄 "I'm not coming, I'm training for IRONMAN and a brick is no good to me,  I'm a serious insect" - funny if they are training for busso ;) 

I think I'll have to do this when I go back to racing triathlon, seems like a great race to support, though it is far far from Melbourne.

Yeh I can understand frustration, but there is no need for some of the comments on there. 

I don't take triathlon seriously enough to jeopardise my health. 

If someone says that it's not safe to swim in the water, I'd rather skip the swim and stay healthy than get sick from whatever the reason is. 

If I was the race organiser, I'd rather cop it in the comments section about people not swimming, than have to deal with the consequences of a spate of people getting sick or injured.

It is what it is, there's nothing you can do about it, just get on with it and be grateful that you have the opportunity to race at all.

• Like 2

It feels like Gundy hasn't had much luck with the swim over the last few year.

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

My old mate will be upset. He can no longer claim to have won the HOTW Triathlon for the last 37 years  

I believe its 87 years straight 

Apparently lots of rain falling out there, roads flooded. Possibly no race at all.

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

Apparently lots of rain falling out there, roads flooded. Possibly no race at all.

Doesn't jesus christ,  the controller of the weather,  know I am training for an IM and this race on this weekend was a key piece of my jigsaw...  #nevergoing2churchagain

56 minutes ago, trilobite said:

Bored@‘s mate was out there

1st again... what a champion effort

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pieman said:

1st again... what a champion effort

Pretty easy when you are the only person in the age group. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was a 1 minute wrap of the race at the end of the Brisbane Ch 9 sport last night. 
Kudos to the team for that!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyno said:

There was a 1 minute wrap of the race at the end of the Brisbane Ch 9 sport last night. 
Kudos to the team for that!

Close finish in the women's elite race, only 7 seconds.

Was a great race --- great race with great friends. Well organised as usual and the weather gods shined a light on Goondiwindi - with no rain and no heat.. Had a fantastic tailwind on the 2nd lap bike  back into town ( 1st time since I've done them since 2014 - usually a headwind ) 

Looking forward to see what 2021 brings 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Youngy2 said:

Was a great race --- great race with great friends. Well organised as usual and the weather gods shined a light on Goondiwindi - with no rain and no heat.. Had a fantastic tailwind on the 2nd lap bike  back into town ( 1st time since I've done them since 2014 - usually a headwind ) 

Looking forward to see what 2021 brings 

and congratulations on topping the podium 💪

• Like 1