Sign in to follow this  
Andrew #1

Indoor Trainer Videos and Music

I do pretty much all of my bike training indoors, using TrainerRoad.

I sometimes use Zwift, but I’m not a huge fan.

I haven’t tried the Sufferfest App, but that seems geared to a different structured training regime, so while I will probably try it over the xmas-January period, I think I’ll end back on TrainerRoad before long. Especially as I am going to lock into another half Ironman (maybe even Ironman) year: Cairns, Western Sydney and maybe Busselton!

Usually I watch triathlon videos but i am finding they are getting a bit repetitive. Streaming services like Netflix are fine for lower intensity workouts but I really cant concentrate on either the workout or Netflix if I’m doing a VO2 max or sweet spot workout (most TrainerRoad workouts are one of either of these).

I’ve tried the CTXC videos on Utube, but watching some dude’s arse through Lycra shorts is even more boring than doing that in an actual bunch ride on the road (although the m used is pretty good).

So, does anyone have any other suggestions? I’m looking for good ‘up beat’ work out music set to something mildly inspirational to watch that wont distract overly from what I am supposed to be concentrating on with the TrainerRoad workout that I’m doing.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew #1 said:

I do pretty much all of my bike training indoors, using TrainerRoad.

I sometimes use Zwift, but I’m not a huge fan.

I haven’t tried the Sufferfest App, but that seems geared to a different structured training regime, so while I will probably try it over the xmas-January period, I think I’ll end back on TrainerRoad before long. Especially as I am going to lock into another half Ironman (maybe even Ironman) year: Cairns, Western Sydney and maybe Busselton!

Usually I watch triathlon videos but i am finding they are getting a bit repetitive. Streaming services like Netflix are fine for lower intensity workouts but I really cant concentrate on either the workout or Netflix if I’m doing a VO2 max or sweet spot workout (most TrainerRoad workouts are one of either of these).

I’ve tried the CTXC videos on Utube, but watching some dude’s arse through Lycra shorts is even more boring than doing that in an actual bunch ride on the road (although the m used is pretty good).

So, does anyone have any other suggestions? I’m looking for good ‘up beat’ work out music set to something mildly inspirational to watch that wont distract overly from what I am supposed to be concentrating on with the TrainerRoad workout that I’m doing.

Thanks in advance.

I make my own, cut from various ironman races (download from tube) and just use a video editor (I use final cut, but any editor will do), then add my fav music.  length usually 3hrs. a bit of work but worth it. 

• Like 1

I am low tech. Turbo, various structured sets, watch the clock, heart rate, cadence, speed. No time to watch anything else. Big fan of Ministry of Sound Annuals. I have many. Crank 'em up.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jim Shortz said:

I've set up a sprinkler on a disused skate ramp indoors. Hill repeats in the rain seems to have a good scientific basis. 

GOLD

• Thanks 1

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, Prince said:

I make my own, cut from various ironman races (download from tube) and just use a video editor (I use final cut, but any editor will do), then add my fav music.  length usually 3hrs. a bit of work but worth it. 

Youtube it & Link it ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Youtube it & Link it ?

I did try, but as it has commercial music, it got rejected. 

4 minutes ago, Prince said:

I did try, but as it has commercial music, it got rejected. 

Damm it. I wonder how others get around that. 

Episodes of The Simpsons, although my indoor sets call for 30mins and episodes are 22mins. DOH!

• Haha 1

I used to watch concerts, for example Stiff Upper Lip AC/DC DVD, it has the music and enough happening visually to relieve boredom. 

• Like 1