MackaEvo2

Ironman Mont Tremblant

Have you done Ironman Mont Tremblant?

I am looking to do the race next year and interested to hear your thoughts on the race but mostly on travel logistics. 
Did you fly to Montreal? 
How did you organise accommodation? Location and distance from transition? 

Any advice and tips you can provide is much appreciated

I was going to world 70.3 in 2014. I qualified. Expensive as hell resort town. A prick to get to. Had someone on slowtwich was going to help me out and then went quiet on me. I scraped the idea and did Ironman France at Nice instead. 🤔

Easy to get to. Fly Montreal then bus or hire a car and it’s 2 hours. We booked on VRBO right in the main village. Lots of accomodation options. This was winter for skiing. Didn’t find it more expensive than anywhere else we’ve skied.

• Like 1

I raced here for 70.3 worlds in 2014. It’s and easy drive from Montreal. I stayed in the village, which I’d recommend. Great location for triathlon events. The area is well designed and posted for training on roads and pathways. 

I’d recommend doing the food shopping before getting to the village due to price and limited options. 

My accommodation was arranged through TriTravel. 

I raced Ironman Mont Tremblant in 2018 and stayed at Le Grand Lodge Mont Tremblant on Lake Ouimet about 6kms from the race village and halfway between the race village and Mont Tremblant township. I found it on booking.com. We stayed there as it had more self catering facilities than the hotels in the race village and was nice and quiet. The lake across the road from our room was great for swimming without the logistics of getting to the swim course and finding parking. They run a shuttle service on race weekend from the hotel to the race village although we mostly drove to the village and parked in the ski carparks about 500m from the race village.

The Mont Tremblant township has a large supermarket (think Coles, Woolworths size) which has everything you need for supplies and is much cheaper than the ski village. There are also quite a few restaurants around the township.

We flew into Toronto and had driven up via Quebec City and Montreal. It is an easy 1.5hr mostly highway drive from Montreal.

The race itself was fantastic, a great clear fresh water swim, smooth roads with plenty of hills on the bike and the run course along the bike path (with more hills) through the forest with plenty of shade. The crowd support and the finish in the ski village had a awesome atmosphere.

I'm definitely thinking of going back, it's just a long way to go and expensive as i won't travel to the northern hemisphere for a race unless I spend at least a month up there.

• Like 2

I won an entry to ironman Tremblant..... couldn't go so gave it to Bored@work. In the end he was able to use it at another US based event. I think it was Maryland.

Anyway... this means I aren't much help but I did look it up and what Parkside says is about right.

15 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Yep Maryland. Still grateful :) 

And it was good that it went to the right person and fulfilled. Love your work!

On 23/12/2019 at 2:29 PM, Chuckie M said:

I was going to world 70.3 in 2014. I qualified. Expensive as hell resort town. A prick to get to. Had someone on slowtwich was going to help me out and then went quiet on me. I scraped the idea and did Ironman France at Nice instead. 🤔

Sometimes you just don't get a good vibe from a race. I was negative from the start😥