Chuckie M

Black friday or Cyber Monday?

Black Friday or Cyber Monday?, which is better and what bargins are you finding?. Bikebug 10% off😉

2 hours ago, Chuckie M said:

Black Friday or Cyber Monday?, which is better and what bargins are you finding?. Bikebug 10% off😉

Same thing really aren't they? Just lots of cheap bargains.

27 minutes ago, Cape_Horn said:

Hoka are 50% off (ish) until Monday night. - hokaoneone.com.au

Just purchased a pair of elevon's and a set of BondiB's

All over the elevons, never see them that price

59 minutes ago, Cape_Horn said:

Hoka are 50% off (ish) until Monday night. - hokaoneone.com.au

Just purchased a pair of elevon's and a set of BondiB's

Do you need a code?

Pushys 15% off SITE WIDE (not just selected items) and free shipping as well. Use code BLACK15. Ends 11pm tonight

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

200 bucks still? Seriously?

yeah if they were half price I'd buy 4 pairs but its only slightly cheaper

53 minutes ago, Peter said:

yeah if they were half price I'd buy 4 pairs but its only slightly cheaper

Only a few models were 50% off which doesnt help the majority..

The Elevon's and BondiB were both half off, so that was a good start for me, but I didn't look at the trail shoes, which may not have been as discounted.

After my full price trail shoe purchase a couple of weeks ago as first hoka, have just ordered a pair of Mach 2 and Clifton 5. Saucony’s going in the bin. Commitment. 

Back on topic, most places have Black Friday sales that started before Friday and are finishing on Monday anyway. Nice retail boost to kick start the festive season. 

Where on earth can I get a cycling jersy that costs less than some wanky French designer fashion label t shirt??? Seriously.... $170 for a jersey...on sale... Wtf

Edited by more
  • Like 1

I remember when Black Friday meant Friday 13th. 😎

Still a sale is a sale 🤣

We need a thread for non-bargains that have been spotted masquerading.

On 01/12/2019 at 4:36 AM, Slowman said:

I remember when Black Friday meant Friday 13th. 😎

Still a sale is a sale 🤣

We need a thread for non-bargains that have been spotted masquerading.

It is just a US term for their (traditionally) most profitable trading day of the year (as they were closed on the Thursday for their Thanksgiving Holiday) - ie the day when people really start their Christmas shopping + restock after having a whole day without being able to access the supermarkets.

Personally I try to resist US themed transfers of wealth

On 05/12/2019 at 3:30 PM, trifun said:

It is just a US term for their (traditionally) most profitable trading day of the year (as they were closed on the Thursday for their Thanksgiving Holiday) - ie the day when people really start their Christmas shopping + restock after having a whole day without being able to access the supermarkets.

Personally I try to resist US themed transfers of wealth

"Sort of"

Black Friday started as an accounting thing. The US has a Jan-Dec financial year, the idea being that Black Friday is the day when you have broken even (ie. 'In the Black') for the year, including all of the floor stock that you have been require to prebuy for the season, so any and everything you sell for the year after that day is pure profit, so it is okay to sell at a low cost (even if under what you have paid for  it) as over all, any money you bring over the counter is classed as profit for the year. Being that within the next month, you would be able to have next year's stock delivered, you now need to clear storage space, you need to clear all floor stock as well, thus, black friday sales. Any money you bring in is profit, and clear as much space so you don't have to pay extra for storage space for next year's stock.

On 09/12/2019 at 10:01 AM, Cape_Horn said:

"Sort of"

Black Friday started as an accounting thing. The US has a Jan-Dec financial year, the idea being that Black Friday is the day when you have broken even (ie. 'In the Black') for the year, including all of the floor stock that you have been require to prebuy for the season, so any and everything you sell for the year after that day is pure profit, so it is okay to sell at a low cost (even if under what you have paid for  it) as over all, any money you bring over the counter is classed as profit for the year. Being that within the next month, you would be able to have next year's stock delivered, you now need to clear storage space, you need to clear all floor stock as well, thus, black friday sales. Any money you bring in is profit, and clear as much space so you don't have to pay extra for storage space for next year's stock.

Which has precisely how much to do with Australia? Eg Rebel had a sale - same discount as they have every other sale (ie about once a month).

Black Friday is a US institution.

Go back 10 years ago, and black friday wasn't a 'thing' in Australia. I am just saying where the origin of the term came from, specifically in regards to your statement of "the most profitable day of trading in the US" which is mostly due to many companies not being classed as profitable for the financial year until this day.