Jump to content
roxii

Triathlon Christmas shopping, what’s on your list.

Recommended Posts

So this year looks like we are “that family”.

The tree is up the lights are plugged in and I’ve made my first fruitcake. 
 

So now thoughts turn to shopping.

Whats the triathlon “must have” that’s on this years Christmas list? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, more said:

A pair of bike shorts that actually has a comfortable chamois!! 

Another 20k in the legs on your seat and it won’t matter. 

Im keen as for a new wetsuit. Current one I bought in 2005.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some new Asics GT2000's, a pair of Saucony A8's, new head stem (left Santa with the eBay item number) to replace the one I broke overtightening the bolts and some cash for tyres.  I have a birthday in Dec as well so cover both bases.

A 2005 wetsuit, I'm still in my sleeveless Wavelength one from '92 and an IM brand one from '98(?). One day I might upgrade to a 21st century one. I'm a bit retro here, my bikes are '91 and '96 models with 440's and a 950 disc. One with 9spd and the other 10spd. MTB is modern, a 2015 version.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tempted to get a Fenix 5 for myself....in case i actually get running again instead of just thinking about it....🤷‍♂️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing but good thoughts for training and racing plus staying injury free. 
 

FM

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bert40 said:

 

A 2005 wetsuit, I'm still in my sleeveless Wavelength one from '92 and an IM brand one from '98(?). One day I might upgrade to a 21st century one. I'm a bit retro here, my bikes are '91 and '96 models with 440's and a 950 disc. One with 9spd and the other 10spd. MTB is modern, a 2015 version.

How good are those wavelength wetsuits. Invincible almost. I ripped (destroyed) mine badly on a halyard sailing. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wheels! Although, that is a combination birthday and Christmas. Expensive things when you race once or twice a year and spend the rest of the time on your trainer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fenix 6x sapphire for me (courtesy of the big online sale at rebel the other day & selling the 5x on gumtree) & a nice CF hood scoop for the car (bolt in straight replacement for the plastic factory one - the carbon fetish continues).

Now what to get the wife, 4 kids (plus their two girlfriends and one wife), my mum and my three nephews....

Lucky my last paycheck from my 2nd job comes this Thursday (prob get the same contract again semester 2 next year - so a long wait for fresh pocket money).

We'd get a tree but my daughter's cats would take it out.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For xmas

I want some clip on areo bars for my new bike, want reasonable close to base bar and look good, so far the clip on ones i have seen aren't very attractive.

Also no climate change for a year (oh wait that is like Santa and a figment of the collective imagination!)

 

regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bosco said:

It’s now one of those bikes that Jim Shortz has!!!!! 

You have to be ready for adventure 😎✌️... LOL #canyon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a bench press for my nearly 16 year old son so he can start to build muscle for next year's league season, plus will be good for us to do it together. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Shrek said:

Details please...

Sold it in the first 30 min for $399 (paid $850 18 months ago), got the 6x sapphire for 25% off - so all up pretty happy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually would like the shoes delivered I paid for over a week ago. 

Got sent tracking details but the item has not picked up by courier as the seller is not there for collection.  

Have communicated again which the seller has seen and there is no response.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

I actually would like the shoes delivered I paid for over a week ago. 

Got sent tracking details but the item has not picked up by courier as the seller is not there for collection.  

Have communicated again which the seller has seen and there is no response.

At the risk of asking, who did you buy off?

NSF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Notsofast said:

At the risk of asking, who did you buy off?

NSF

A guy called Mich Trivett on Facebook - had shoes, treadmills for sale from a shop that closed down.

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitness buddy, is this a piss take? There a few threads in Sandpit, same person behind it I think you will find. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bosco said:

Fitness buddy, is this a piss take? There a few threads in Sandpit, same person behind it I think you will find. 

Just want items paid for or money back and or communication from seller 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Just want items paid for or money back and or communication from seller 

Seeing he is in the US and not planning on coming home any time soon I'm not liking your chances...

Edited by more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swimming headphones. 

A new watch that can last an Ironman that is not within the standards of this forum (over 13 hours) 🤣

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2019 at 6:57 AM, Shrek said:

Tempted to get a Fenix 5 for myself....in case i actually get running again instead of just thinking about it....🤷‍♂️

Oopps 😂😂🙈

Certainly didn't pay ticket price 

20191123_150502.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2019 at 4:33 AM, IronmanFoz said:

Some Hoka's. There on my list.

I’m looking at these as well — have to do some more research.... supposed to help not heel strike ? For those of us that do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:00 PM, MissJess said:

Swimming headphones. 

A new watch that can last an Ironman that is not within the standards of this forum (over 13 hours) 🤣

Lots of watches will do it....... you don't need to track where you are going. Just follow the person in front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/11/2019 at 10:03 PM, Jim Shortz said:

Pull bouy 

 

My HUUB big boy is starting to fall to bits. 

Duct tape mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, Fitness Buddy said:

Just want items paid for or money back and or communication from seller 

 

On 20/11/2019 at 10:56 AM, more said:

Seeing he is in the US and not planning on coming home any time soon I'm not liking your chances...

Another one. This is shit. Surely someone has a way. Considering all the positive real threads here since it all went sky high

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2019 at 1:49 PM, rory-dognz said:

...Also no climate change for a year (oh wait that is like Santa and a figment of the collective imagination!)

No politics on this thread please! PLEASE! 😘

On 19/11/2019 at 3:48 PM, dazmuzza said:

Stomach reduction surgery :D

I'll take appetite reduction please

On 20/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, Fitness Buddy said:

Just want items paid for or money back and or communication from seller 

EffidyEffEff. Don't hold your breath. Contact your bank and ask them to reverse the transaction. Worked for 2 people on this forum.

On 23/11/2019 at 6:04 PM, Youngy2 said:

I’m looking at these as well — have to do some more research.... supposed to help not heel strike ? For those of us that do 

Nothing wrong with a heel strike. Most runners heel strike. Even the fast marathon runners do. It's where your foot lands in relation to your hip when it all bears weight that is the important part. Under the hip=good, behind=bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there no room for an On Cloud lover in this sea of Hoka One One disciples? 😪

I really like citrus at the mo.

Edited by The Customer
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Customer said:

Is there no room for an On Cloud lover in this sea of Hoka One One disciples? 😪

I really like citrus at the mo.

I too like the colour. 

Just heard bad things(Achilles issue related) about On Clouds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jim Shortz said:

I too like the colour. 

Just heard bad things(Achilles issue related) about On Clouds 

On clouds are awesome.  Hoka are heavy boats.

I'm with the Customer On Cloud shoes are great shows. I wear mine for mowing the lawn these days.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want 15000km on the bike for 2019. 

I need to avg 58km a day for the rest of the year. Not bad going considering the amount of overtime & travel I have done for this year.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I want 15000km on the bike for 2019. 

I need to avg 58km a day for the rest of the year. Not bad going considering the amount of overtime & travel I have done for this year.

Snaps! You are an endurance legend. I am not worthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...