willie

So I was asked to reply...

This will be short and sweet as to why I haven't been trying etc. 

So you might well know that my life is pretty much ****ed right now. I've let a lot slip and haven't really had a lot of control over much in the last 8-10 months since separating from my soon to be ex-wife. I have no control over my finances, I was actually homeless from November to March and am hanging on by a thread with a lot of things. 

If you're wondering why I'm not posting etc much of late it mostly because I'm pretty unhappy and coping shit left right and centre about everything (most of which is self inflicted because I've let things slip).

On the race front I didn't race this weekend. My heart and head aren't in it, I'm still training and improving, my weight actually starts with an 89.x now. I'm actually in the US trying to keep a bit sane and taking some time out, I ditched on Queenstown because the ex was going to be there. I didn't need that shit show.  I've had some amazing support from a friends of mine over here in the US and I don't plan on heading back to Australia any time soon. 

As for my business, it's done and dusted. I actually just asked for it to be wound down. Going to flog whatever stock is left over and that'll be that. You can't really run a business when the other owner wants nothing more then to see you go down the gurgler just the way I did/have. I made a stupid decision to fight it/her and I guess I was always going to lose that one, but alas that's life. Refunds etc get done if/when she feels like it but I cop the backlash because I'm the face of the business and that's ok. It my fault for not letting it go when this first happened 6 .otnhs ago (I've averaged about $10k sales/wk for the last 3 months, a few of which went sour). But it was my income so it was hard to do. 

If anyone wants to own trannies etc I'm not going to keep up with it. I've done more harm then good like most thing lately so it's time to let it go. It should be and can be a good resource with the right help. So if you're interested let me know. 

Anyway that's me out for now. 

3 minutes ago, willie said:

. I've done more harm then good like most thing lately so it's time to let it go.

This bit is about the only thing I’m willing to believe. You ****ed people over. This was YOUR community and you didn’t even have the balls to tell people NOT to use your business. It would have been so easy just to do that.

We all have to deal with shit and yet somehow manage to do it without fleecing our ‘friends’.

• Like 1

Trannies will always be here. If Will can't continue with the site, I'll take it in financially. Roxii will be admin. And Fatpom as well. I'm not involved but this site can't die. 

Anyone who wants to take the site discussion future off line, msg me.

On a grander scale, Willie, msg me your ph no. I'll give you a call. Nothing to do with the site but to talk to make sure you are ok. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Willie, I'm sorry it's gone this way for you. But I'm pleased you've taken responsibility for your part in it all. 

Will you also please do the right thing by some members of this community who may not have been fairly dealt with? That would demonstrate some real character.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, FatPom said:

This bit is about the only thing I’m willing to believe. You ****ed people over. This was YOUR community and you didn’t even have the balls to tell people NOT to use your business. It would have been so easy just to do that.

We all have to deal with shit and yet somehow manage to do it without fleecing our ‘friends’.

So I had 4 transactions out of 100 or so in the last 3 months that didn't go to plan. One being the Garmin that didn't get delivered because I didn't get told by the distributor when I ordered it that they were out of stock, the kickr mentioned here and another kickr that went AWOL on its way (courier said delivered customer said no). 

There is nothing wrong with my business nor have I fleeced anyone. I've not ****ed anyone over. If I have explain to me how? Yeah refunds are a bit slow and out of my control but they get there eventually. ****ing someone over would mean screwing them both out of the product and their money 

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Trannies will always be here. If Will can't continue with the site, I'll take it in financially. Roxii will be admin. And Fatpom as well. I'm not involved but this site can't die. 

Trannies would be better run by a collective rather than an individual. This is definitely NOT a slight at you Mike - in fact your offer to support it is very generous -  it just seems to generate a financial/time cost which is not well suited to a single person.

Whilst I think the site has deteriorated over the past few years, it's still a resource which would be sad to lose. I still liken it more to a Friday afternoon pub discussion than a triathlon site....

In retrospect, I'm not sure adding Trannies to the other  things in his life was wise for Willie.  The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

5 minutes ago, trinube said:

Trannies would be better run by a collective rather than an individual. ... it just seems to generate a financial/time cost which is not well suited to a single person.

Agreed.

If Willie is willing to let Trannies go, I believe there is already a small collective forming (and will likely grow) who are very happy to take it on. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Katz said:

Agreed.

If Willie is willing to let Trannies go, I believe there is already a small collective forming (and will likely grow) who are very happy to take it on. 

I'm thinking out loud.

I guess most regulars are happy with the current forums. InVision Community cloud hosting doesn't look overly expensive - $70USD/month for 100 concurrent users so a little over $1000AUD per year. I doubt there would be many times we'd have over 100 people logged in at one time. I'm sure we could find 10 people at $100 a year.  There are probably free forum options available which someone could host for free but migration might be an issue.

I don't think there would be much, if any, income. It would be interesting to see the stats for the www site - I don't think I've ever read anything there but others might think it's great.

There was a thread when Willie took over - my thoughts haven't changed much since then  - 

20 minutes ago, trinube said:

I'm thinking out loud.

I guess most regulars are happy with the current forums. InVision Community cloud hosting doesn't look overly expensive - $70USD/month for 100 concurrent users so a little over $1000AUD per year. I doubt there would be many times we'd have over 100 people logged in at one time. I'm sure we could find 10 people at $100 a year.  There are probably free forum options available which someone could host for free but migration might be an issue.

I don't think there would be much, if any, income. It would be interesting to see the stats for the www site - I don't think I've ever read anything there but others might think it's great.

There was a thread when Willie took over - my thoughts haven't changed much since then  - 

If you want to have a pub session set up a private Facebook group IMHO. You need to make this site attractive to newbs and lurkers. Having inhouse chat sessions isn't attractive to anyone not already involved 

Very sorry to hear about your personal circumstances Willie, it sounds like an extremely challenging time. 

From my very limited experience Willie had been generous, and it's sad to see the business end this way.

I trust things will be made right with the outstanding orders, hopefully people can communicate to get it done right. 

Edited by dazaau
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, willie said:

So I had 4 transactions out of 100 or so in the last 3 months that didn't go to plan. One being the Garmin that didn't get delivered because I didn't get told by the distributor when I ordered it that they were out of stock, the kickr mentioned here and another kickr that went AWOL on its way (courier said delivered customer said no). 

There is nothing wrong with my business nor have I fleeced anyone. I've not ****ed anyone over. If I have explain to me how? Yeah refunds are a bit slow and out of my control but they get there eventually. ****ing someone over would mean screwing them both out of the product and their money 

I've had 3 PMs in two days over missing Kickrs and money owed. I'm way past believing a single word you've said in the last 4mths. You still haven't said which race you went 1.31 at. Or why you got your mates to PM me when you could have done that yourself?

You're  trying poor, people are owed refunds and meantime youve oversra supporting athletes and now you're in the US?

Clearly there is something very wrong with your business when people pay you for stuff then don't get product or a refund and 'eventually" doesn't cut it.

You're either involved in the business or you aren't. Either way, running away and refusing to contact people isnt how to deal with it.

You can delete my account. I'm done.

• Like 1

Well with thi sll crashing to an end, there questions needed to be answered.

Is TUV5 a figure of the apocalypse, given his late return

Is YoYo christ like is his return

Where is AP and

Is sub 13 actually time worth admitting to

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hang in there Willie, life sucks sometimes but at the end of the day, you only have to be able live with yourself. I understand how for many A+ personalities one way to avoid pain is to keep so busy you don't have time to feel it but one can only do that for so long, don't worry about us I'm pretty sure that there would be enough members willing to throw in $10 a year to cover the annual admin(we just need someone/group to coordinate it). I never got around to buying from your shop but I did appreciate the advice you gave for free. It's always hard giving up on a dream, especially when the seeds of the demise are not of your own making and the hardest acts to forgive are the ppl who stand on your neck when you are down. But hang in there.

Good luck, be kind, and always trust your cape.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I've had 3 PMs in two days over missing Kickrs and money owed. I'm way past believing a single word you've said in the last 4mths. You still haven't said which race you went 1.31 at. Or why you got your mates to PM me when you could have done that yourself?

You're  trying poor, people are owed refunds and meantime youve oversra supporting athletes and now you're in the US?

Clearly there is something very wrong with your business when people pay you for stuff then don't get product or a refund and 'eventually" doesn't cut it.

You're either involved in the business or you aren't. Either way, running away and refusing to contact people isnt how to deal with it.

I'm not sure deleting you account would make two fiths of **** all difference to Willy or affect the prospects of people getting their money back? 

3 minutes ago, more said:

I'm not sure deleting you account would make two fiths of **** all difference to Willy or affect the prospects of people getting their money back? 

Is that comment necessary?  

Edited by Surfer
Sp
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Is that comment necessary?  

The real question is is your post necessary? 

FatPom is a regular contributor, taking his bat and ball won't help anyone or achieve anything and it certainly won't make any difference to Willy. So yeah, would be good if he realised this and stuck around don't you think? 

• Like 1

I’ll start by saying that Willie has always come good with everything we had going on. Some things may have been a bit convoluted but always fulfilled. 

now onto the forum, as I said previously the running costs are the running costs, they are not huge but  Willie probably won’t want to give the forum away. He took it over to use it as a part of his business, and to get access to “customers” and use the forum as a landing place for a variety of possible ventures. 
So I know it “owes him money” so giving it away may not be on his agenda. 

also from experience I’m not sure how having a “committee” running the forum may work 99.9% of the time, but that 0.1% of the time when legal threats etc are received I’m not sure if that needs a single person or some firm of legal entity to address these things. 

I’m happy to stay around and help if and when required, most times there is not much to do, and I’m good at doing not much :lol: 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FatPom said:

I reckon this post is not necessary. Take it offline.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

hell no FP.  you can't go. what the heck is going on???

48 minutes ago, roxii said:

now onto the forum, as I said previously the running costs are the running costs, they are not huge but  Willie probably won’t want to give the forum away. He took it over to use it as a part of his business, and to get access to “customers” and use the forum as a landing place for a variety of possible ventures. 
So I know it “owes him money” so giving it away may not be on his agenda. 

I get this, but sometimes when things go bad you have to suck it up and cop a loss. It sounds like money is an issue and if that's the case there's a real likelihood Trannies will suddenly go offline and that'll be that.

Not my decision of course, but that's the way I see it heading.

FWIWI think yourself, Katz, FP, Rog, Nealo, Goughy etc would all have the best interests of the site at heart and would be a good core to look after it.

• Thanks 1

What kind of world are we living in where a committee is seen as an attractive option? 

I have opinions about directions for the forum and site, so who ever ends up with it, let me bug you later :)

Willie, I hope you’re heading in the right direction personally. It’s a damn shame it went to shit. 

• Like 2

You can't keep everyone happy. That I've learnt... FP I don't think the running is important. I've got a great coaching team, I'm working on a few things and hopefully I'll share some official results when I race sometime in the near future. the fact I cop it every time I post something about what I'm doing makes me just want to turn off. I'm doing a 20 mile run, 4km swim and 5mile run late in the evening with a .ate tomorrow. I'll put it on Strava for you. 

Thanks to folks for reaching out, I'm ok and coming over to the US to get away from it is great. I've got the next court date in early January and that should hopefully provide some more clarity on when the ex disappears. 

It's not so much a money issue but more a "getting access to my money issue". The problem is she now owns half of everything and then some of what I had. I've basically lost my financial freedom until such time as everything is sorted through the court. 

Until then I actually don't know what I do and don't have, but rest assured I always get stuff worked out as best I can. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, more said:

The real question is is your post necessary? 

FatPom is a regular contributor, taking his bat and ball won't help anyone or achieve anything and it certainly won't make any difference to Willy. So yeah, would be good if he realised this and stuck around don't you think? 

Yep FP is a regular here & sometimes posts dont always come across as intended. Your explanation made sense whereas your original didnt to me

How would you know?  It's not like you're ever around!

Btw, nice to see ya yoX2.  How's things been going?

1 hour ago, KieranR said:

Oh come on man! Everyone knows FP doesn’t have Strava.  😂😂😂

Huh? I think I've missed something here? What has FB and Strava got to do with anything? 

1 hour ago, yoyo said:

You’re all a pack of deadset softc*cks.

That's my patent line. Please forward one carton of Cliff Bars to my personal address.

FM

45 minutes ago, SomeTri said:

Huh? I think I've missed something here? What has FB and Strava got to do with anything? 

FP (FatPom)was calling out Willie's bullshit about running. 

Willie said he was doing a 20miler later and would put it on Strava. 

FP doesn't do strava

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Wasn't Bogfrog the chick who got cranky at me for calling chicks chicks?

Yep, i think so. Probably depended on context... 🙄 🤣

20 hours ago, Katz said:

Agreed.

+1

Hello all ✌️❤️

16 hours ago, trinube said:

FWIWI think yourself, Katz, FP, Rog, Nealo, Goughy etc would all have the best interests of the site at heart and would be a good core to look after it.

This 

I'll add this before I tune out for a while so I can get the mail in... 

Hope you are going okay Willie. All shit aside, mental health is a passion of mine and I sincerely hope that you are ok. 

It's disappointing to see what's happened. But that is what it is. With the individuals listed above, the community will be able to move forward. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Peter said:

Lesson to be learnt here. 

Dont get married again 

Not organising any (more) sports events is a condition of my continuing wedded "bliss" .

My 2c is we knock this shit on the head.

Edited by zed