Flanman

WS 70.3 - 24 November

I think they should make it a non-wetsuit swim for every person that has been asking the officials, "whats the water temp"?    that is all I have heard in transition...

yer 24.5 i think they will make it wetsuit it could cool off over night and cloud all day, .
it felt ideal having a swim in budgeys earlier today so i would prefer the non wetty option personally

Guessing it was draft legal today? 

Fast splits. Long sections of low hr. 

69ED567F-75CB-42C1-A549-92352B184149.png

09453A16-F0B4-4C14-BF70-F627B3F84A7C.png

For the amount of athletes on a multi lap course, it wasn't too bad. A couple of trains and a few absolute cheats (sucking a wheel for a km.I tried to get his number but missed it but he was wearing a no name half orange tri suit- I was going to let him know after the race).

The legs are shot at the moment but reasonably happy with the result. I might even do a report. Great to see Clappers, Miss Jess, Gregb ( looking after us as a TO), Mr/Mrs Flower, Les, IronJimbo and also great to meet Prince for the first time.

FM 

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Gilliga said:

Anyone stay for roll down and know how deep diff categories went?

Mr Flower was hanging around as he was looking for a roll down. He may come on later. 

FM

• Thanks 1

On reflection that age group rolling start sucks, We need wave starts or mass starts. My division 35-39 very close finishing 2nd -15th and no idea where you are. The swim was hopeless I smashed through so many slow people right from 100m in so not much fun for them or me also.

Not much roll down except for a couple of the younger age groups. I think the 30-34 males went down to 15th. Even the extra female spots didn't roll far. No luck for Mr or Mrs Flower. I really enjoyed the race. The conditions were very good for a good fast race. I saw only 1 big pack on the bike. Pretty happy with my 5:00 to come 9th in 55-59. I would have preferred a 4:59 and 8th as a guy in my age group came past in the last 500 mtrs. The old legs could not respond. Still wouldn't have got me a spot. Those boys were 20-15 minutes up the road. Bloody impressive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Missed the chance to give out a smack

So did I.  Must have passed the great man on the bike 🙁

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

So did I.  Must have passed the great man on the bike 🙁

After the bike leg you had you were well placed to do the smacking

56 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

After the bike leg you had you were well placed to do the smacking

Which target are you referring to?  Flanny only had a 20-odd minute headstart on me

My bike would have been 5-10min quicker too if my back hadn't played up

39 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Which target are you referring to?  Flanny only had a 20-odd minute headstart on me

My bike would have been 5-10min quicker too if my back hadn't played up

me, hence why keeping quiet until after the fact as no certainty of avoiding a smack

40 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

me, hence why keeping quiet until after the fact as no certainty of avoiding a smack

Ah

Well you were pretty safe given that I have no idea what you look like! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

Same same we would have been very close in that last bit of the run I went 504 in m 45 49 with 237 bike

Husky may well be interesting then..

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Husky may well be interesting then..

will work on my gym squats

Edited by BarryBevan

My prediction is Melb will be the next oceania location for the world 70.3 in 3 years. Timing it so can fit like Taupo did this time. There would have been a deal with vic government on this one. Major city location for global athletes. Maybe a slight change in bike course make it a one lapper up to frankston for the worlds years.

in time we will see.

Edited by Gilliga
  • Like 1