Jump to content
Flanman

WS 70.3 - 24 November

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Whats the water temp at the moment..... Non Wetsuit swim?

You having a dig bruh?

Good, I need a target  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You having a dig bruh?

Good, I need a target  😁

Asking for a friend. 

Me: I'll target Batemans Bay in March.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Asking for a friend. 

Me: I'll target Batemans Bay in March.

As will we

Be afraid  😎

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

You having a dig bruh?

Good, I need a target  😁

Bruh!!!!!????

Seriously??? 
 

you trying to fit in at Penriff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, roxii said:

Bruh!!!!!????

Seriously??? 
 

you trying to fit in at Penriff 

Yo dawg, don't be dissin' my homie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Whats the water temp at the moment..... Non Wetsuit swim?

Might check in with some of the Panthers folk. They had their regular open water swim this morning. Just to note it was a touch over 24 on Sunday afternoon.

Edited by MissJess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Peter said:

2020 event. 

27th of September. 

When nepean again?

Mid-late October usually

They've probably brought it forward so it doesn't clash with taupo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed they say that you have the option of not putting your bike in Saturday.   is there any advantage racking on Sunday morning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Prince said:

I noticed they say that you have the option of not putting your bike in Saturday.   is there any advantage racking on Sunday morning?

Not driving to Penrith twice 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Friday morning swim bunch said the water was warm and looking to be a non wettie swim with the projected temps later in the week. I would pack it anyway if you do not have to worry about weight. You never know the TOs might find a cold spot for the age groupers ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A mix bag of weather leading up to and including race day. 

Tues &Thurs - 37C; Friday - 33C; Sat - 28C

Sunday - 16 to 25C with potential rain, humidity 61%. Hopefully it stays lower.

FM

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacobs backing up for his 3rd 70.3 in 6 weeks

Hannah Wells is the same I think with a marathon thrown in.

 

Quote

1 Neumann Max AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
2 Mainwaring David AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
3 Maxwell Levi AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
4 Kibby Mitchell AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
5 Fettell Clayton AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
6 Jacobs Pete AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
7 Anderson Voight Leigh AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
8 Cunningham Mitchell AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
9 Davy James AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
10 Douglas Sam AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
11 Foot Ali AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
12 Groch Nathan AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
14 Polizzi Alexander AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
15 Roche Kieran AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE
16 Stein Daniel AUS (AUSTRALIA) MALE

 

BIB LAST FIRST COUNTRY REP Gender
21 Wells Hannah NZL (NEW ZEALAND) FEMALE
22 Thek Grace AUS (AUSTRALIA) FEMALE
23 Clarke Rebecca NZL (NEW ZEALAND) FEMALE
24 Morris Kerry AUS (AUSTRALIA) FEMALE
25 Mitchell Jessica AUS (AUSTRALIA) FEMALE
26 Khan Holly AUS (AUSTRALIA) FEMALE
27 Sansome Kierra AUS (AUSTRALIA) FEMALE
28 Brown Maighan AUS (AUSTRALIA) FEMALE
29 Chapman Shannon AUS (AUSTRALIA) FEMALE
30 Demestichas Stephanie AUS (AUSTRALIA) FEMALE
31 Slater Penny AUS (AUSTRALIA) FEMALE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forecasts
Today - 38 and smoke haze
Tomorrow - 34 and possible storm 30% chance of rain
Saturday - 34 shower or two and possible storm in evening 50% chance of rain
Sunday - 26 shower or two and possible storm 50% chance of rain

The regatta page shows water temp of 23.1 at 8am, note that there are cold spots and warm spots, so it depends on where the measurement is taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Forecasts
Today - 38 and smoke haze
Tomorrow - 34 and possible storm 30% chance of rain
Saturday - 34 shower or two and possible storm in evening 50% chance of rain
Sunday - 26 shower or two and possible storm 50% chance of rain

The regatta page shows water temp of 23.1 at 8am, note that there are cold spots and warm spots, so it depends on where the measurement is taken.

So..... if everyone brings a bag of ice to check in on Saturday and dumps it in the right spot....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bosco said:

No, you do not want it to be a wetsuit swim. It was cooler last year and I still cooked!

If I was racing I’d just use core shorts if they allow wetsuits. 

People cook in wetsuits over 2k at 24c. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Peter said:

If I was racing I’d just use core shorts if they allow wetsuits. 

People cook in wetsuits over 2k at 24c. 

I thought you weren’t allowed to just wear wetsuit shorts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, roxii said:

I thought you weren’t allowed to just wear wetsuit shorts. 

So did I....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, roxii said:

I thought you weren’t allowed to just wear wetsuit shorts. 

Rule change this year, apparently in years past they were worried people would go ass over tit in the water just wearing wettie shorts. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Rule change this year, apparently in years past they were worried people would go ass over tit in the water just wearing wettie shorts. 

I thought it was more of something happened and you were to be unconscious then you would float bum up, head down. 
interesting it has been changed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roxii said:

I thought you weren’t allowed to just wear wetsuit shorts. 

 

36 minutes ago, AA7 said:

So did I....

 

2 minutes ago, roxii said:

I thought it was more of something happened and you were to be unconscious then you would float bum up, head down. 
interesting it has been changed 

As opposed to sinking to the bottom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, roxii said:

I thought it was more of something happened and you were to be unconscious then you would float bum up, head down. 
interesting it has been changed 

 

I am trying to see where it has been changed - Current rules from triathlon.org.au
http://www.triathlon.org.au/Assets/Triathlon+Australia+Digital+Assets/TA+RCR+2019.pdf

2.7 Competitors must not use
d. wetsuits or any part of the wetsuits when they are forbidden because of the water temperature

(ie. no core shorts when wetsuits are illegal - sure, no worries)

But.

2.1 When wetsuits are allowed they must comply with the definition in Appendix A

Appendix A - Wetsuit definition
A wetsuit is a garment designed to retain body temperature in the swim segment, and may only be worn with the permission of the TA Race Competition Rules. July 2019 - Page 27 Technical Delegate. In some circumstances the Technical Delegate may advise that the wearing of wetsuits is compulsory, in accordance with Clause 2.5. It must at a minimum cover the torso and typically contains rubberised material such as polyurethane or neoprene. It may not cover the hands or the feet, and all of the components must fit to the competitor’s body tightly. The wetsuit thickness must not exceed 5mm anywhere on the garment.

So from my reading of the rules, wetsuit shorts are illegal.
Happy to be pointed out where I am incorrect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if everyone is using a wetsuit and cooking I’m saying use core shorts not a wetsuit. 
 

there is no rule saying you cant wear them if others are in wetsuit. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

the smoke and air is the worry

It is supposed to be clear but the news just advised that the smoke will still be around until Saturday. I have seen info on temperature and what is a safe cold racing temp but I cannot remember seeing anything on poor air quality. It will have to be a late call if so. 
 

FM

Edited by Flanman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Flanman said:

It is supposed to be clear but the news just advised that the smoke will still be around until Saturday. I have seen info on temperature and what is a safe cold racing temp but I cannot remember seeing anything on poor air quality. It will have to be a late call if so. 
 

FM

I can life with stupid hot, just go slower, dodgy air with the index where it is right now 1600 at richmond. when 200 is safe. Not good

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve had a few queries about the possible impact of smoke impacting the air quality at IRONMAN 70.3 Western Sydney. 

We are monitoring the situation with local authorities regularly, and as always will have the athlete safety as our first priority. 

At this time the conditions are looking good. We will keep you updated if anything changes … see you on the weekend!

As advised via their FB page...

FM

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not packing the wetsuit. I have come to the conclusion that i find it just too restrictive to swim in. 

Edited by Prince

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peter said:

So if everyone is using a wetsuit and cooking I’m saying use core shorts not a wetsuit. 
 

there is no rule saying you cant wear them if others are in wetsuit. 
 

 

there is a rule......they dont look good 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with the temps on Friday and Saturday in the high 30's there is I doubt any chance of a wetsuit swim or floaty pants swim.

Edited by Prince

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flanman said:

We’ve had a few queries about the possible impact of smoke impacting the air quality at IRONMAN 70.3 Western Sydney. 

We are monitoring the situation with local authorities regularly, and as always will have the athlete safety as our first priority. 

At this time the conditions are looking good. We will keep you updated if anything changes … see you on the weekend!

As advised via their FB page...

FM

Lake Tahoe 2014 got cancelled on the morning and conditions there were no where near what we had today, hopefully there will be enough wind and rain to get the air quality acceptable

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peter said:

So if everyone is using a wetsuit and cooking I’m saying use core shorts not a wetsuit. 
 

there is no rule saying you cant wear them if others are in wetsuit. 
 

 

Yes there is, it is quoted above by Cape Horn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, cowboy said:

Lake Tahoe 2014 got cancelled on the morning and conditions there were no where near what we had today, hopefully there will be enough wind and rain to get the air quality acceptable

Tahoe is still one of my favorite races 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -H- said:

Yes there is, it is quoted above by Cape Horn

Oh well.  Rules are made to be broken. 

I read somewhere that John hill said he found a pair in the toilets in Kona.  

Here it is. 

Quote

Ok Kona done and dusted , suprize in girls race and how good was Frodo ! I got 2 things to say about the race 1) I find it crazy sad how I walk in the toilets after the swim and find 5 pairs of neoprene shorts in there ! I mean what is wrong with people seriousely !! Cheats ! And I’m sure the other toilets had same ..2) why would u give bottles out on the bike that’s are too small for anyone’s cages 🤷🏻‍♂️plain dumb ! My race went pair shaped with heat stroke , what can I say it got me real good I was dizzy walking for 30km sat down 20 times talking to myself lol even 3km out didn’t think I’d finish ...Kona gets us all at some point ! Aloha ! #fastgearaustralia #johnhillracing#konaheat #humid #triathlon

 

Edited by Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Peter said:

If I was racing I’d just use core shorts if they allow wetsuits. 

People cook in wetsuits over 2k at 24c. 

Speak for yourself. I thought the water in Kona was a bit too cool for my liking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Tahoe is still one of my favorite races 

I’m heading there in 2 years...... but for skiing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Richmond air quality still way up in the hazardous zone

They raced in China Shanghai.  I’m sure the race will happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

I’m just a self involved asthmatic 

Don't Ironman have a disabled division?

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Peter said:

Don't Ironman have a disabled division?

 

I don't want to be special, plus I'd probably still get smashed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Cape_Horn said:

So from my reading of the rules, wetsuit shorts are illegal.
Happy to be pointed out where I am incorrect

Yeah, I read the rules again, I would not take the floaty shorts. I'm going to double check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21 November 2019 at 7:00 PM, cowboy said:

Lake Tahoe 2014 got cancelled on the morning and conditions there were no where near what we had today, hopefully there will be enough wind and rain to get the air quality acceptable

It was much worse in Lake Tahoe

Looks kinda OK this morning after the rain last night

IMG_0083.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...