willie

A few things will be turned off for a few hours

9 hours ago, FatPom said:

Yep and I saw Cobra's post, even if nobody else did.

Dammit. I've been bush for a few days so missed everything! 

17 hours ago, SomeTri said:

Was there supposed to be a race today?

Willie, why don’t you actually answer some of this stuff instead of hiding behind the thread delete button? 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Turts said:

Dammit. I've been bush for a few days so missed everything! 

I've got no clue what's happening. Apparently someone has won 4, no make that 5 70.3 races at  90kgs in weight, but are now struggling to crack 1.30 for a HM, because they got a life coach on STRAVA and not triathlon coach on Pinterest. 

• Haha 1

FWIW I just asked roxii to delete my account from this forum, all the best to you all!

• Sad 1

Just now, Rog said:

FWIW I just asked roxii to delete my account from this forum, all the best to you all!

It’s a shame it’s come to this but totally understand. All the best Rog.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rog said:

Soft

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Could be the last days of Trannies. 😞

Probably a good thing, site seems to be 60% oldies with axes to grind from years gone, 35% politics and lefties pushing their agenda and 5% anything useful/supportive/encouraging in regards to triathlon. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The Messiah has returned for the end of days. 

Repent for not going sub 10 sinners!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, yoyo said:

The Messiah has returned for the end of days. 

Repent for not going sub 10 sinners!  

Gold. 

47 minutes ago, more said:

Probably a good thing, site seems to be 60% oldies with axes to grind from years gone, 35% politics and lefties pushing their agenda and 5% anything useful/supportive/encouraging in regards to triathlon. 

Bingo.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Meh! Millennials! They all want a medal.

You people are living in the past. This forum is structured so poorly it's amazing it has lasted this long. Forums and social media are all about growth and volume. 

What on earth is there on this site to attract someone new to the sport? Where is the structure of races scheduled throughout the year,-it takes someone to create a thread, a marathon/running section, a technique and drills section, a swimming section, a health and diet section? All bread and butter topics. 

There is no content to promote and encourage because too many of you are to busy being bitter and stuck in the past, living in your 'glory' days. 

And the politics and religion section should be deleted, nothing good ever comes from those topics online or IRL. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, FatPom said:

Yep and I saw Cobra's post, even if nobody else did.

Plenty of people saw it. I think it would be best for everyone if Willie's current position was explained so 1) people don't think they're going to get taken when dealing with him and 2) what remains of Willie's reputation remains intact.

I'd like to think there is nothing malicious in what's been happening, but some sort of disclosure should be forthcoming.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rog said:

IronJimbo wins again.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rog said:

Oh no, Rog is quitting 

Now who's going to explain to me how withholding aid without telling the recipient over an investigation which never happened is a quid pro quo?

Nath doesn't seem able...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Oh no, Rog is quitting 

Now who's going to explain to me how withholding aid without telling the recipient over an investigation which never happened is a quid pro quo?

Nath doesn't seem able...

Jees I’m going to move to dc just to be better placed to keep you informed 

5 minutes ago, Clarkevitch said:

Geez what the bloody hell is going on with this place??

Climate change... 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Clarkevitch said:

Geez what the bloody hell is going on with this place??

just a matter of time before it merges with slowtwits.......

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, trilobite said:

Have I missed Tim Tufuga’s post?

The only thing sub 10 Triple-T is looking for is his next stretch for GBH

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

I know there is some real angst going and real issues, but this place has been more entertaining and fun than it has in ages.

You're welcome  😎

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You're welcome  😎

sound of arse slapping

that sounds so bad when you read it back

Edited by BarryBevan

2 hours ago, Prince said:

just a matter of time before it merges with slowtwits.......

Oh come on. They talk tech and detail. 

We will never do that 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Careful, can't do 'in' jokes anymore. The millennials will get hurt feelings.

Do what you like, the forum will continue to be that dive bar with a couple of old farts sitting in the corner talking about how good they used to be.. Until it gets shut down and then you will have to tell your in jokes while standing around a burning 44 gallon drum 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, more said:

Do what you like, the forum will continue to be that dive bar with a couple of old farts sitting in the corner talking about how good they used to be.. Until it gets shut down and then you will have to tell your in jokes while standing around a burning 44 gallon drum 

and yet, you keep posting

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, more said:

Hahahaha That image got me laughing! But seriously,  you really seem to be miserable.  Here, have a snickers...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Are we taking over Slowtwitch.........is this what this is all about?

Imagine trying to moderate that many seppos 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, SomeTri said:

Hahahaha That image got me laughing! But seriously,  you really seem to be miserable.  Here, have a snickers...

I seem unhappy for stating the obvious and cracking a joke whilst doing so? Actually I'm pretty dam happy, and despite people like the customer wanting to drive people away I want this place to grow and thrive. 

I've been a member here for about a year and can't think of a single other newb. If you don't have new people coming in you don't need a calculator to work out what happens as the older ones loose interest and start dropping off.. 

Edited by more
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, more said:

I seem unhappy for stating the obvious and cracking a joke whilst doing so? Actually I'm pretty dam happy, and despite people like the customer wanting to drive people away I want this place to grow and thrive. 

I've been a member here for about a year and can't think of a single other newb. If you don't have new people coming in you don't need a calculator to work out what happens as the older ones loose interest and start dropping off.. 

While the issues that got this place here are less than ideal, never good for a person to be in a bad situation and have that amplified on social. The forum for two days got back to the good fun place it once was, with even the White Knight turning up.

There are new people, probably multiple logons though.

The people like Rog who asked for his account to be deleted will just logon as a guest and stalk, like many others or will login under another I’d and troll.

This site is awesome. The thing that turns off new comers is the ppl be littleing others performances. Imagine coming to this site & having some ass puppet rip into you. 

7 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

This site is awesome. The thing that turns off new comers is the ppl be littleing others performances. Imagine coming to this site & having some ass puppet rip into you. 

Yeah 

15 hours ago, The Customer said:

Is this what we call a philosophical circular paradigm or such?  I could say TC has just tried to claim to be a millennial, which in turn may hurt her feelings, therefore making the previous statement correct by default?

15 hours ago, The Customer said:

Unless you attach the link to the original thread. Then all is ok. 

Sincerely, 

Millennial 

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Yeah I'll stick my hand up there, I wasn't as cordial as usual to a newcomer that i thought was pulling the piss/trolling. Top AGer asking for noob advice... can't even remember what it was about.