willie

A few things will be turned off for a few hours

9 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

She lost me at “Life Coach”.

I know a life coach and I would not say I would ever be inspired.

One thing i have never understood what is a life coach.  Are they peoole who tell how to live your life?  Or tell you should live life like i do.  

IMO a made up role in the fitness/health industry who normally sprouts a diet to make you evolve

I don't get social media influencers!  I barely listen to people who are standing beside me!

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

One thing I have never understood what is a life coach.  Are they people who tell how to live your life?  Or tell you should live life like I do...

Beats me, but over the years at several of those meeting or training sessions where they ask each participant to tell us a bit about themselves, there's been several people who have come up to me afterwards and said that I should become a 'life coach'...  whatever that is?

Maybe it's just a polite way of saying that I'm crap at what I am currently doing! :unsure:

• Haha 2

I googled 'Life coach' and found this:

What is the role of a life coach?

Life Coaches are responsible for guiding people that are confused on what to do into their lives. They support goal-setting, personal growth, and behavior modification of their clients. These professionals help people to achieve their goals by improving different actions necessary to take control of future plans.
Skills required

excellent listening and questioning skills. the ability to quickly bond with clients from different backgrounds. the ability to inspire and motivate clients to achieve goals. the confidence to challenge clients, but in a caring way.

14 minutes ago, Go Easy said:

Maybe it's just a polite way of saying that I'm crap at what I am currently doing! :unsure:

Mate I dare say you'd rub off on people around you and motivate them... You might still be crap at what you do but I doubt that's their reasoning :lol:

i figure I'm not exactly a couch potato and am quite driven, but I still look up to people like you and have since I was about 12/13 when we met. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm a cynical prick 99% of the time, but I don't get the hate. 

I'm guessing her services aren't for us, but if she puts a bowl of veggies in front of someone in need and gets them out for a jog then ****s me if I care. 

Maybe I missed something more sinister in the other deleted thread. 

• Like 1

I’ve been confused my whole life with no idea what I want to become....perhaps I need a life coach...

or maybe I’ll just take up drawing massive erections like Zed

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Gregor_McBoob said:

The deleted threads had nothing to do with the current plethora of opinions and judgement of life coaches and Mrs PJ s career and Instagram info. 

23 minutes ago, willie said:

Mate I dare say you'd rub off on people around you and motivate them... You might still be crap at what you do but I doubt that's their reasoning :lol:

i figure I'm not exactly a couch potato and am quite driven, but I still look up to people like you and have since I was about 12/13 when we met. 

Thanks mate, I just do my thing and try to let others get on with theirs the best way they can.  If it helps them then that's great, but I certainly don't want to stop them being the best they can be.  I admire people who just get out and have a crack, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, but if they're not hurting anyone else then why not support them.

18 minutes ago, Gregor_McBoob said:

Haters are just gunna hate...  I don't like it when people claim to be things they're not, but so be it.  If she's done the wrong thing and gets called out for it then fair enough, but it appears that some people are just 'guessing' the facts.

24 minutes ago, Gregor_McBoob said:

I'm guessing her services aren't for us, but if she puts a bowl of veggies in front of someone in need and gets them out for a jog then ****s me if I care.

Exactly, some people also pay a lot of money for triathlon coaching...  Just saying! 

1 hour ago, Gregor_McBoob said:

I don't hate her.  I just queried the claim to be a 6 time 70.3 Champion.  

24 minutes ago, dazaau said:

This thread. I'm at a total loss. 

Success has been achieved.  

One of the greatest threads ever here.  5 different things being discussed and nothing to do with the title.  haha

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Peter said:

I don't hate her.  I just queried the claim to be a 6 time 70.3 Champion.  

Success has been achieved.  

One of the greatest threads ever here.  5 different things being discussed and nothing to do with the title.  haha

I am wanting to increase my FTP by 50 watts in the next 6 weeks. Can anybody suggest 3 trainer workouts I should be doing each week to achieve this? 

thanks

2 hours ago, Gregor_McBoob said:

Not hate, just taking the piss as good Aussies do.

19 minutes ago, pieman said:

I am wanting to increase my FTP by 50 watts in the next 6 weeks. Can anybody suggest 3 trainer workouts I should be doing each week to achieve this? 

thanks

Just adjust your FTP upwards by 50w then do your normal workouts.

If you can't finish them you must be having a bad day, may be something you ate or drank. Remember to race at correct 85-90% of your new FTP. guaranteed best bike split. If you need to walk on the run it was most likely a GI issue

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Limited said:

Just adjust your FTP upwards by 50w then do your normal workouts.

If you can't finish them you must be having a bad day, may be something you ate or drank. Remember to race at correct 85-90% of your new FTP. guaranteed best bike split. If you need to walk on the run it was most likely a GI issue

Thanks!! 

will do the first part, but I have been doing the second part my whole career.. damn I need these GI issues sorted

1 hour ago, Leon said:

For those south of the mid north coast in NSW today, the haze is proof that where there is smoke, there is fire.

Are all these fires contributing to climate change: Discuss!

17 hours ago, Stikman said:

I'm not so sure about that.  I thought they were valuable public service announcements.

Me too

Edited by Turts

On 28/10/2019 at 9:55 PM, willie said:

I love the internet and the bullies it brings out. Because of what's going on at the minute I'm turning new stuff off, sorry but it's getting out of control. 

It has just dawned on me what this originally meant. "New stuff" as in new threads lol. I was wondering what new forum feature was being abused 😂

I may even know what this was originally about!

I don't like Instagram. I do like my bike. Anyone else? #random

50 minutes ago, SomeTri said:

Or new business???

So, cakes, I love cakes. Moist chocolate cakes are best. Discuss

Rich chocolate mud-cakes are my favourite. With soft chocolate icing, and dark chocolate sprinkles. The Cheesecake Shop do an excellent one.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

One of the guys in my team in my new job (Well, his wife) makes wonderful cupcakes. 

Another guys wife works at a local bakery and so he brings in extras like fruit buns. 

I like my new job. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gregor_McBoob said:

Can guys get thrush? My doctor says no, but I beg to differ. 

Also, how do you post photos on here? 

🤮  please no one tell him

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gregor_McBoob said:

Can guys get thrush? My doctor says no, but I beg to differ. 

Also, how do you post photos on here? 

We used to refer to the old Rigby's pool at Everton Hills the germ bath. It was indoor with little ventilation & heated to what must have been about 30 degrees. I refused to swim there, but I know a lot of the guys that did used to get a rash under their armpits (and in some other rather uncomfortable places) that would only go away using thrush cream.

I hear guys who can only drive automatics can get it too. :)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

We used to refer to the old Rigby's pool at Everton Hills the germ bath. It was indoor with little ventilation & heated to what must have been about 30 degrees. I refused to swim there, but I know a lot of the guys that did used to get a rash under their armpits (and in some other rather uncomfortable places) that would only go away using thrush cream.

I hear guys who can only drive automatics can get it too. :)

Makes sense, I honestly used to live about 500m from that pool. It all makes sense now....

Pinnata court OG! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SomeTri said:

Or new business???

I dislike the word 'moist'.

1 hour ago, SomeTri said:

Or new business???

Moist chocolate cakes are the only ones worth it I reckon. I love them. And I have no problem with Moist! :Jumpy:

9 minutes ago, dazaau said:

Moist chocolate cakes are the only ones worth it I reckon. I love them. And I have no problem with Moist! :Jumpy:

Moist or chocolate? 

A good moist banana cake is fantastic 

39 minutes ago, SomeTri said:

Mo(i)st do!

I'll get my coat...

Hey you're funny

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Rich chocolate mud-cakes are my favourite. With soft chocolate icing, and dark chocolate sprinkles. The Cheesecake Shop do an excellent one.

Stop it, I'm gaining weight just reading it

23 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Life coach on par with glute activation 

Is that code for. Errrr 

34 minutes ago, Turts said:

Moist or chocolate? 

I love the word moist.

28 minutes ago, Peter said:

Is that code for. Errrr 

Amusing that people who believe in some non traditional stuff feel the need to attack other people who also believe in new fangle things.

Edited by BarryBevan

1 hour ago, Turts said:

Moist or chocolate? 

Banana is good, chocolate is better. Moist makes then both much better.

23 hours ago, Stikman said:

I'm not so sure about that.  I thought they were valuable public service announcements.

I forgot my public service announcement.

A month or two back I needed some gels and really love the Huma gels.

Couldn't find them anywhere so @willie personally dropped them off going out of his way when going down the coast to a park run.

Thanks @willie

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pieman said:

thanks

2x20 @ 88% ftp

1x20 @ 100% ftp

4x5 @ 105% ftp

7 minutes ago, Nick777 said:

2x20 @ 88% ftp

1x20 @ 100% ftp

4x5 @ 105% ftp

yeah I have a roughly similar workout. 

11 hours ago, willie said:

11 hours ago, willie said:

It’s nearly Nov and you have a 84min HM to drop, so I’d hope you’re not on the couch!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

It’s nearly Nov and you have a 84min HM to drop, so I’d hope you’re not on the couch!

Well I ran 1.31 so I'm not far off... 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, willie said:

Well I ran 1.31 so I'm not far off... 

I ran a 1.38 this year and I'm 54. Work to be done Willie. Shaving these kind of times off is hard, really hard but a solid start.

Hows your 5km time coming along? Mine is going south by a good 90  secs :(

Edited by FatPom

14 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Hows your 5km time coming along? Mine is going south by a good 90  secs :(

You're going to have to take along your A-game this weekend.

• Haha 2