trifun

Noosa Tri 2019

OK, though it was tome for an actual event thread seeing as the festivities kick off shortly.

Me I'm #104 (Legends Wave +/- whatever) back for my number 35 at this event but it will be a slow one as I cannot run😓 ( probs be in the moon boot just to make sure I can't get carried away) and planning lots of sitdown/catchup with people sessions along the way  on the "run" 😆 leg. Not looking to flash at all atm, esp after the weight gain while not running for a couple of months - just want to get around the course and hope for better luck next year.

Living it big again over at the Halsa Lodge backpackers and, assuming I have finished my last uni report, a trip to Sunshine Plazza/Sizzler on Sat arvo after the SuperKids in the morning. 

See you all in a week or so. RonA

6 minutes ago, trifun said:

OK, though it was tome for an actual event thread seeing as the festivities kick off shortly.

Me I'm #104 (Legends Wave +/- whatever) back for my number 35 at this event but it will be a slow one as I cannot run😓 ( probs be in the moon boot just to make sure I can't get carried away) and planning lots of sitdown/catchup with people sessions along the way  on the "run" 😆 leg. Not looking to flash at all atm, esp after the weight gain while not running for a couple of months - just want to get around the course and hope for better luck next year.

Living it big again over at the Halsa Lodge backpackers and, assuming I have finished my last uni report, a trip to Sunshine Plazza/Sizzler on Sat arvo after the SuperKids in the morning. 

See you all in a week or so. RonA

I’m staying at halsa  lodge as well so look forward to meeting you.   I’m #1691 and this will be my 10th Noosa.  As a 50+ I  will be in a really early wave - should be a nice change not running at 11:00, although knowing my luck it will be a really cool day.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

I’m staying at halsa  lodge as well so look forward to meeting you.   I’m #1691 and this will be my 10th Noosa.  As a 50+ I  will be in a really early wave - should be a nice change not running at 11:00, although knowing my luck it will be a really cool day.

Have you put your legend application in?

2 hours ago, AA7 said:

Have you put your legend application in?

Yep 😎 and the size for my T-shirt....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

I've asked to be in the wing with the kitchen, easier to get in and out early in the morning - esp with a bike (I'm there fri and sat nights) and the veranda with a bit of a view of transition makes a handy room extension (compared to being upstairs from the main bar) and you can get flow-through breezes. My aim is to park my car under this wing on Friday (RON58 plate) then leave it there till Sunday afternoon. I'll be easy to find in the moon boot 😕 

I'm in for my second Noosa tri.  We're arriving on Friday evening and are staying for a week. Staying in Noosaville in the in-laws rental ...

19 hours ago, Chuckie M said:

I would be up for a Friday morning bike course spin?

Sorry Man - I'll still be at work 200km away

19 hours ago, Chuckie M said:

I am there. first time back since 1992.😄

Gonna be a bit diff then.... 

Like, now it's a Swim/run/bike/run (with less party after)

Ash looked great on mt glorious rd yesterday. 7?

And no, Josh didn't ride past me like I was standing still..... and it most def wasn't twice 

First time. I’m bloody excited. Heading up Thursday morning on Jetstar. Training has been shit, but I don’t care. It’s probably the closest to a Kona-ish vibe I’ll ever likely get. I’ll be the one at the gate with smooth legs and a baby praying for a smooth, quite flight

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lost in transition said:

I’ll be the one at the gate with smooth legs and a baby praying for a smooth, quite flight

I reckon you'll need more than prayers.

And a more detailed description to distinguish yourself from the other 150 tricathaletes on the plane :D

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Tyno said:

I reckon you'll need more than prayers.

And a more detailed description to distinguish yourself from the other 150 tricathaletes on the plane :D

My teething screaming child should get your attention 😂

• Haha 3

I am slowly making my way down south in The Chuck wagon. I am in Sarina at the moment. Will Jan Frodeno be in town.?😀 

51 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

I am slowly making my way down south in The Chuck wagon. I am in Sarina at the moment. Will Jan Frodeno be in town.?😀 

He was in Germany a few days ago according to insta. But he usually comes back to Aus around this time. Emma is here. 

54 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

I am slowly making my way down south in The Chuck wagon. I am in Sarina at the moment. ...

A tough man would ride.😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

He was in Germany a few days ago according to insta. But he usually comes back to Aus around this time. Emma is here. 

Is his home coffee machine in Noosa or not?

8 hours ago, Tyno said:

Is his home coffee machine in Noosa or not?

He was doing a speech in Germany.

On 25/10/2019 at 7:21 PM, trifun said:

back for my number 35 at this event

Do you live in Noosa or have family there?

thats  a sh1tload in accommodation cost if not

Edited by Peter

28 minutes ago, Peter said:

Backpackers are cheap.

31 minutes ago, Peter said:

Halsa Lodge (YHA) for the past four years, various other options over the years:

• my year #one was on the back seat of my falcon ( smack in the middle of where the transition area is nowadays),
  • did shared apartments like Cloud9 in the years when we and our friends were pre-children, 
  • drove down (2hrs) race morning  once when wife was near term (he will be 25 on Monday :)  , #unforgiven)

PS: Got my golden ticket a couple of years ago so no more entry fees (except the activefee ? ?) so my budget is $100 ($40 for fuel, $40 for accom, $20 for pizza).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I still don't forgive my in-laws for selling their house at Perigian Beach

19 hours ago, AA7 said:

I just arrived 1300k later plus roadworks.  Who is up for a Jan stalking comp.?😀😘

3 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

I just arrived 1300k later plus roadworks.  Who is up for a Jan stalking comp.?😀😘

Pete Jacobs is safe. Bloody weirdo.😀

58 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

Doesn’t look like noosa. 

A0B7B221-5D91-4D2E-AC93-77ED642F3C69.png

4918D77F-3229-4833-A3B0-6740DD339ECF.png

2 hours ago, Chuckie M said:

You'll have to do another trip of about 15000km if you want to stalk Jan.

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

You'll have to do another trip of about 15000km if you want to stalk Jan.

I am a bit pissed about that. I had a special job for "H' lined up. I wonder if Durianrider is in town?😂

It doesn't seem over busy yet?. Will the numbers swell on Saturday onwards?. I am going to see The Joker before registering. Anybody want to do a easy 1k plus swim at 5pm?. Let me know.😘

I presume that if I can make rego tonight it would be much quicker (ie smaller queue) than if I go tomorrow afternoon?

Definitely go this Arvo if you can, absolute shit fight tomorrow and all you have to worry about tomoz is racking your bike.

In for number 12. Getting slower by the year but still loving this event.

Expo seemed a bit tamer than usual (def less prize draws) Lexus folks seemed miffed I didn't care to enter theirs for a free entry for Noosa Tri 2020 - got my golden ticket LOL

• Like 1

There are rumors again at the Fast gear stand that John Hill smiled. This is twice in one year. I call  BS 😀😀

• Haha 2

Noosa is buzzing. Its my first time here and its living up to the hype. I did the swim last night, loved that. The expo is bloody awesome, all the brands, all priced to sell. I picked up a tri suit and a pair of googles already. Almost laid cash down for those new Noosa racers. They are wild. The missus got stuck into the shopping as well. The baby got given a free pair of googles. 

Its an expensive week but it’s totally worth it. The vollies are A++++

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lost in transition said:

Noosa is buzzing.

The men’s crit is underway. 

6DC32DD2-7413-4A21-8634-9AEFBFBB48B0.jpeg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SomeTri said:

The water is a bit messy...

Will be much improved tomorrow.

Burgs is in great form on his insta stories this arvo 😂😂

• Haha 1

TA race referee says I can’t wear a moonboot for the run leg tomorrow, 
the RCRs specifically say : no hard casts 

but a moon boot is not a hard cast 

Lucky I can see well enough to race, be a shame if I had glasses

Edited by trifun
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

Will be much improved tomorrow.

Not what the clubbies said to me as I was leaving the water after losing my goggles in the surf 🙄

Was told it would be worse...  it did LOOK worse than it was, but was pretty messy out the back with a big current 

3 hours ago, iFoz said:

The men’s crit is underway. 

6DC32DD2-7413-4A21-8634-9AEFBFBB48B0.jpeg

Mark can you point next time please? 💁🏼‍♂️

33 minutes ago, SomeTri said:

Not what the clubbies said to me as I was leaving the water after losing my goggles in the surf 🙄

Was told it would be worse...  it did LOOK worse than it was, but was pretty messy out the back with a big current 

Wind and swell both predicted to be less tomorrow. And early this morning it wasn't that bad.

• Like 1

I was wrong. Bit of a washing machine out there. Shortened swim course, big beach run.

Live video.  

you can scroll back to watch pros 

27 minutes ago, Fresh said:

Any results?

Multisport timing.

Ash Gentle for win number 7.

Jake Birtwhistle over Henri Schoeman.