Sign in to follow this  
Bored@work

Caden v Roval

I'm looking for a set of carbon wheels for the new rig.

I can get the Roval CL 50 Disc Wheelset for $2300

or

Caden 49mm Disc wheelset for $1610

Thoughts???????

I've got Cadens, I think they're great. But I'm definitely no tri tech geek.

Like my Cadens, had them a year and no issues, just in process of upgrading the to a xdr driver to run 12 speed

I have the deCadene rims which are slightly lighter, 

Spend a bit more and get the deCadence version.  Lighter means more speed doesn't it?

I've got a set of the basic Cadens, and like the others have had no problem with them, If I had my time again would probably fork out the extra for a set of the deCadence (Lighter, better hub, faster?). Ben was really helpful when I called him. I haven't had a set of carbon rims before so nothing to compare them to.

46 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Me either. I need these for KOM hunting.

I meant I'm not equipment geeky at all. 

47 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Me either. I need these for KOM hunting.

wouldn't you be better off with a ebike!😏

Piss take above

I talked my mate into getting Cadens when he got a new TT frame.  He bought 80mm deCandence rims, but then later decided to get a 50mm Caden front for windier days.  Ben only had deCandence in 50mm at the time so he gave him that at regular Caden pricing.  Mate said he was really easy to deal with.

I think trannies was onto them prior to them having UCI approval too!

I have Cadens and Mr BogFrog has deCadens. I'm no tech geek either but Ben is great to deal with.  I was having trouble with the brakes (shuddering) after a service at a LBS. They insisted there was nothing wrong with what they did and told me that the wheels must be the problem. I should've bought Zipps apparently 🙄 Anyway, went to see Ben and he played with the brakes, cleaned the rims and lo and behold it was right as rain again. LBS had over oiled the bike. While he was playing around, he fixed the rusting screw on my saddle post, tightened a few things that the shop should've done.  All free of charge.

• Like 5

Just to throw another name in the mix, I've been running TokyoWheels for the past 18 months and they're brilliant. The wheels are cheap, they stand behind their product with the guarantees and I haven't had any problems with them at all.