Bored@work

Sträva segments

8 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Can you block people from segments you have created? 

I wouldn't have thought so. There was some big public spat on social media a while ago, some guy was travelling around the UK beating all this guys KOMs, segments he created and he went mental.

13 minutes ago, zed said:

I wouldn't have thought so. There was some big public spat on social media a while ago, some guy was travelling around the UK beating all this guys KOMs, segments he created and he went mental.

10 minutes ago, xblane said:

The closest thing would probably be making them private

Exactly what's happening with me. I got emailed a segment for a guy who has been targeting my KOMs (he set his account to private) 

I went out & smashed it today. Then I uploaded & it doesn't show me on the leader board.  The map shows me as having ridden the road by no segment is recorded. 

I equalled his other KOM he got today. He set it at 3:45 & I had to go out after work when the wind had died off. 

For all my flat fast segments, he sends his mate after them. He takes it so series I find it funny. I like it because it pushes me to improve. 

When I started taking his KOM he deleted me on facebook & blocked me on Strava, Zwift etc...  I find it funny as 

Got it sorted. He went anticlock wise I went clockwise. My wife said 9:45 at night is too late go out. So I will get it tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Exactly what's happening with me. I got emailed a segment for a guy who has been targeting my KOMs (he set his account to private) 

I went out & smashed it today. Then I uploaded & it doesn't show me on the leader board.  The map shows me as having ridden the road by no segment is recorded. 

I equalled his other KOM he got today. He set it at 3:45 & I had to go out after work when the wind had died off. 

For all my flat fast segments, he sends his mate after them. He takes it so series I find it funny. I like it because it pushes me to improve. 

When I started taking his KOM he deleted me on facebook & blocked me on Strava, Zwift etc...  I find it funny as 

Maybe it was you guys who I read about!?

19 minutes ago, zed said:

Maybe it was you guys who I read about!?

My wife calls it internet bullying. 

I actually enjoy it have found it has improved my top end sprint speed. 

*cough, cough...... managed to jag a second in the crit on Wednesday after doing 60% of the work on the front. 

Up a grade next week :) 

I did ask for a $3.5k for a new set of wheels. When my wife asked why I need them. "KOMS" 

I'm currently sooking around the house because the purchase didn't get approved. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Aren’t Strava segments meant to challenged/beaten?

should keep you motivated to get better?

Exactly. 

Wouldn't it be more meaningfull to count who has the most olympic medals (in the same sport)?

10 minutes ago, trifun said:

Wouldn't it be more meaningfull to count who has the most olympic medals (in the same sport)?

I thought Strava was the next level up from Olympics 🤔

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:04 PM, Bored@work said:

Exactly 

Pfft, it is at least 2 levels up from Olympics. Far more integrity in Strava efforts

On 18/10/2019 at 10:39 PM, Bored@work said:

I did ask for a $3.5k for a new set of wheels. When my wife asked why I need them. - I said I am making the biggest comeback ever and Kona is on top of the list.

I'm currently sooking around the house because - I found out you have to qualify! 

Fixed it for you (FIFY)

;) lol